interview Zamboni 18/9/2010

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
joge
Family Elder

interview Zamboni 18/9/2010

Post by joge »

The Dutch site on CCSVI, www.ccsvi.nl had an interview with dr. Zamboni in Amsterdam, september 18 2010.

I'm ready, I'm ready !
ikulo
Family Elder

Post by ikulo »

It's so wonderful to know that there are people like Zamboni working diligently in the background while there is so much unproductive and, pointless bickering between some critics and supporters.

Thanks Dr. Zamboni et al!
eve
Family Elder

Post by eve »

What a great surprise, well done to CCSVI.nl. Dr Zamboni said some very interesting things about PPMS and CCSVI (2nd clip, 7.02) Was this already known?
Last edited by eve on Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
dx 2002,RRMS,  suspected begin of MS 1978 (age 10)
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

ikulo wrote:It's so wonderful to know that there are people like Zamboni working diligently in the background while there is so much unproductive and, pointless bickering between some critics and supporters.

That's true, Ikulo. Dr. Z's calm and composed demeanor says so much.

But remember that lot of researchers have gone through a very horrible period before their ideas wide spread got acceptance ...
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it
- Max Planck
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

I love hearing Dr. Zamboni discuss hypoperfusion as linked to severity of CCSVI and lack of oxygenation research, and the confirmation of Zivadinov's research with Dr. Hubbard's fMRI research on oxygenation pre and post angioplasty.

and responding to Van oosten's study "They do not have a vascular background." The MRV is not adequate methodology to measure postural changes or flow. The audience understood this. The patients and caregivers understand this. "My choice is to face neurology first, and to convince them to look at CCSVI."

Eve, the discussion of the high pressure created by azygos blockage is discussed in Zamboni's research, where he linked the specific areas of stenosis to the different forms of MS in his CCSVI in Multiple Sclerosis paper--and the worse blockage in azygos veins were linked to PPMS. But it is good to hear Dr. Zamboni discuss the importance of educating the other interventional radiologists regarding the azygos. It is not always an obvious problem.
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
lazydean
Getting to Know You...

Zamboni paper on CCSVI where can I find\read it?

Post by lazydean »

Zamboni in his CCSVI in Multiple Sclerosis paper. PPMS
Thanx, Dean
cheerleader
Family Elder

Re: Zamboni paper on CCSVI where can I find\read it?

Post by cheerleader »

lazydean wrote:Zamboni in his CCSVI in Multiple Sclerosis paper. PPMS
Thanx, Dean
Hi Dean--I'm assuming you want the link to the Zamboni paper, right? Here is the original discussion on the paper from this site-
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-6488.html

--and here's the paper where Dr. Zamboni refers to the patterns of stenosis, and how they relate to disease classification:
http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/80/4/392.abstract

cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
Rici
Family Elder

Post by Rici »

magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

ikulo wrote:It's so wonderful to know that there are people like Zamboni working diligently in the background while there is so much unproductive and, pointless bickering between some critics and supporters.

Absolutely! I am so tired of all of the unproductive bickering going on around here. I miss the old days :cry: More science and less opinions!
Sorry, I needed to vent. :x
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

magoo wrote:

Absolutely! I am so tired of all of the unproductive bickering going on around here. I miss the old days :cry: More science and less opinions!
Sorry, I needed to vent. :x
You are not alone, Rhonda. But no worries--There are hundreds of doctors around the world working together now. SIRS and the Endovascular Forum are planning conferences, Dr. Hubbard's registry is reaching out across the US, and Dr. Haacke's protocol is being adopted worldwide. What we all did together on this site started the ball rolling in North America by getting the research out to doctors who understood the implications of Zamboni's discovery and knew how to test for venous insufficiency, slowed perfusion and the connection to neurovascular disease. These doctors aren't reading this site...they are conversing with each other. As it should be.

So, while we miss the excitement of last year, the science continues. ECTRIMS is this week--where Dr. Zamboni could only present posters in prior years-- he now addresses the conference as the featured presenter in the Charcot conference and is able to directly answer questions from Dr. Omar Khan. Zivadinov, BNAC and Simka also present research.

MRhodes (Marie) has a book being published early next year from a major medical publishing house on CCSVI.

And CCSVI Alliance will continue to encourage understanding with research based information. Yeah, times have changed...but the important thing to remember is that the bickering is just noise. And you can ignore it and get on with your new life :)
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Thanks for that Joan :D
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”