CCSVI and CCVBP

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
blossom
Family Elder

CCSVI

Post by blossom »

dr> flanagan i"m not sure which one to pick believe it or not there is one in morgantown west virginia mountain state wellness dr lucas watterson and his wife amy watterson then there is timothy strittmatter keystone spinal care greensburgh pa they are both close to the same travel time for me i think

if you have time to check them out and have a suggestion i"d appreciate it

hopefully this mri i get is done the way i want and gives even more insight
both dr"s sites are on the internet

my computer is acting really goofy right now can"t get periods to come up i hope you can understand this as always thank you
Drury
Family Elder

Post by Drury »

Dr. Flanagan,

I have been absent from here for several weeks due to too much work and feel bad about being out of the loop but just wanted to let you know that my daughter has been to see Dr. Cindrich in Manhattan several times and he did everything you said he would. He said her whole body, head, neck, hips, leg etc had been completely messed up for the five years since her accident and feels that that has played a big role in her deterioration. He had to get he help of another doctor to straighten her head and jaw on the first visit which was pretty scary along with pressing on the inside of her mouth to realign her jaw which was very painful - hopefully that will help with her TMJ. She has not been wearing the mouthpiece for TMJ as he thought it was perhaps too much at this point and it will be interesting to see what the TMJ doctor says when she goes back there.

My daughter feels very encouraged and is wearing a belt around her hips to keep hips aligned(?) think thats right as lot to take in first visit and has seen the doctor 4 or 5 times to date.

We were very disappointed that she was not able to have CCSVI early part of this month due to insurance not clearing but actually it was for the best as she has been able to work on realigning her head,body, etc. She has not had any AO since having this treatment.

I just want to thank you and everyone else for encouraging me to get my daughter to seek help outside the box and for all your support.

I will keep you updated.
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

drury i"m so happy for your daughter and you she is young and that means a lot just ask my wearing messed up bones and i still dare to hope
so glad you are seeing a change for the better yes there was a reason your ccsvi was delayed this will only help matters thanks for your update
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Hello Jamit,
Peony and Licorice is a classic TCM formula for pain and severe muscle spasms. I took it for the tremors and spasms in my right leg, which were about as bad as it can get. I got the formula from Brion Herbs in Irivine, CA but they used to only sell to liscensed professionals. You can get Peony and Licorice online but they will be low grade herbs. TCM herbs are best used when based on knowledge of the patient's conformation (their particular physiology - strong/weak, hot/cold, wet/dry, internal/external etc.) and their condition. Anyone on prescription drugs should definitely work with a professional that knows what they are doing because you shouldn't mix certain herbs with prescription drugs. Licorice, for example, is high in sodium so it very moisturizing but it can also make you hold water. It shouldn't be used for long-term management of pain and spasms in people with high blood pressure.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Hello Drury,
When the head and neck misalign it pulls on the muscles of the base of the skull. The pterygoid muscles are chewing muscles that close the mouth. The are attached to the pterygoid process of the sphenoid bone of the base of the skull. An intraoral approach is used to work on the pterygoids as well as the sphenobasilar junction of the base of the skull.

The belt around the buttocks is called a sacroilliac belt. It it basically used in severe strains and sprains of the sacroilliac ligaments, joints and muscles of the pelvis. They belt keeps the joints cinched tight until they heal. When they are irritated the SI joints will bother you whether you are sitting, standing or lying down and especially when getting out of chairs. They also cause pain in the kidney area because of their connection to the iliopsoas muscles.

Keep me posted.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Good morning Blossom,
I will look into the doctors and get back to you.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Jamit,
I will get back to you about an upper cervical doctor in California. Could you tell me what area. There are more Blair Upper Cervical chiropractors in California than there are NUCCA doctors but Blair is also a good method. Also depending on what your condition is there are some excellent SOT chiropractors in California.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

My ucc dr is making adjustments, sometimes left side sometimes right side but both sides he's putting pressure toward my feet on My neck on both sides and no matter what side, my legs end up being the same length after. Doesn't make sense to me how he can adjust both sides the same and come up with the same results

I would appreciate your thoughts on this Dr. F
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Hello Civickiller,

When the atlas misaligns it rocks in three dimensions on the condyles of the base of the skull similar to an x pattern where the base of the x is wider than the apex. If the atlas slides foward and upwards on the right side for example, it is essentially rearwards and low on the left side. While you could work on both sides and some upper cervical chiropractors do in certain cases, most upper cervical chiropractors adjust on the side of laterality and adjust their hand or stylus setup to compensate for rotation and attitude. In other words they adjust on the side atlas slipped to which is left or right.

What type of upper cervical does the doctor use?
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

uprightdoc wrote: What type of upper cervical does the doctor use?
I don't know what you mean ?
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

There are different well recognized methods that fall under the umbrella of specific upper cervical. The original method is called knee-chest toggle recoil. It was also called HIO for hole-in-one. There is also Kale Brainstem and other derivatives of knee-chest such as Life upper cervical and others. The orginial methods used anatomical notation to describe misalignements, which is what I learned. For example, the listing ASR means that atlas is anterior and superior on the right side.

NUCCA and Atlas Orthogonal are the latest evolution of upper cervical. They both use angles of x,y and z planes. The patient also lies in side posture rather than kneeling in the knee-chest position. Blair upper cervical is somewhere in between. Blair uses a side posture position with a special drop headpiece mechanism and they stand in diffent position depending on the listing. They likewise use anatomical notation.

All specific upper cervical methods use specific upper cervical x-rays. Very few upper cervical methods go below C3 or C4. Some do but they are very rare. If your chiropractor is doing upper cervical he must be using one of the methods I described.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

i get adjusted laying on my side. i found him on nucca.org, Dr. Joseph Breuwet. just so happens he practices on the same island i live on
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

There are different levels of training and skills depending on the doctor, as in all professions, but NUCCA is an excellent method. Did he take specific x-rays with head clamps. If so, has he taken post x-rays yet?
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Hello Blossom,
From what I gather Drs. Lucas and Amy Watterson in Morgantown and Dr. Timothy Stritmatter are all good choices and they are on par as far as experience is concerned. It's your choice so consider convenience and wheelchair accessibiltiy.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

uprightdoc wrote: Did he take specific x-rays with head clamps. If so, has he taken post x-rays yet?
no he didnt take xrays with head clamps, and no post xrays