CCSVI and CCVBP

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
costumenastional
Family Elder

Post by costumenastional »

uprightdoc wrote:To stay focused I will be disconnecting myself from this thread. Before I do, however, I would like to say it has been my pleasure to meet all of you and thank-you Spiros for inviting me. I will still be available through my blog and my website as well as by email.

Wishing you all the best in health,

Dr. Flanagan
Thank you Dear Doctor Flanagan. It has been a life changing journey for me.
As you said, we all know where to find you. I cannot live without being able to contact you. I am more than attached.

You are my hero. Plain and simple.

Spiros
Last edited by costumenastional on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Thanks Dr for the time you have given us. For me it has been extremely productive.
We will no doubt talk more.
My current search is about tethered cord problems as I am now clear that bending/crouching and generally fetal/tucked positions are setting my low BP and weakness from the chest down, (as well as my vision and confusion), off immediately.
Looking forward to your new book. :D
Kind regards Nigel
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Thank you Dr. Flanagan. You've opened my eyes to thinking outside of the box, for which I'm grateful. By touching me, the chiropracter I'm seeing has learned from you.

Be well. and take good care of yourself.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Hello Dr. Flanagan,

You feeling better is terrific news and couldn't have happened to a greater person. Really. You bravely came here at a time when the forum was still unwelcoming to those who thought outside the CCSVI-only paradigm, yet you stayed and persevered by showing how a fine gentleman acts in such circumstances. And one by one, you won so many of us over.

You helped an immeasurable number of people, and luckily, thanks to blossom, I became one of them. Sharing my AO story on your thread was a privilege because if you had not come to TIMS, I would not be able to walk today, so to see you leave this wonderful thread you started is not easy for me. Not at all.

In fact, I find that I'd rather not say any kind of farewell and would instead like to try talking you into staying, into stopping by once a week to say hello, to answer a couple questions, and/or to let us know how you're doing because those of us who've come to know you, care about you, your health, and your theories.

As you know, some of us strongly advocated for you and fought the good fight right alongside you here in your thread, but you might not know that some of us also advocated for you in other ways, such as by discussing your theories and giving your TIMS' link to this thread in numerous other threads in this forum and in other MS forums and groups, by bumping up this thread for newbies to easily find, and by answering lots and lots of questions in PMs.

Why, I'm sure your thread's "Views count" would be at least QUADRUPLE what it is now if every question asked in PMs had been asked in this thread instead. You were always, always much busier with answering questions in PMs and email than you were with answering them out here in your thread. But your thread was integral to all questions asked wherever they were asked. Your thread is the key, is our key to accessing you.

Please don't take away this key... some of us are locked into TIMS with TIMS being our main CCSVI home because some pwMS cannot handle learning new things, are afraid of change, have friends here who feel like family, prefer this forum's format, and/or for many other reasons. May I try appealing to your inner sense of compassion? Some of us will be able to follow your blogs, but what about those of us who might not be able to understand its new, very comprehensive layout?

I feel compelled to say that now is the wrong time for you to leave your thread, especially since Joan Beal (cheerleader), Arlene Hubbard, and Michelle Brown (bestadmom) recently gave their approval of your theories which means that over time, more and more people who trust those very smart women, will come to trust you and, one by one, will want to ask their questions on your thread, your thread here at TIMS, this thread.

Your name and this thread have been associated with TIMS for seven months now, which is a long time in cyberspace, and people from far and wide will keep coming here to read your thread and ask their questions. What might they think when they come here only to find you no longer answer questions? And what about current members who might have questions in the future as they work through the Upper Cervical Chiropractic process?

What day of the week would be good for you to visit us? Seriously. You and your thread cannot be allowed to just disappear... poof and you're gone, just like that. Losing you and this thread would hurt, too much to even contemplate. I must confess that I feel like another piece of me is falling apart, like another dream is dying.

Perhaps it was inevitable that you would outgrow TIMS because your message and theories are not just for pwMS, but how can I not try to keep you with us? Maybe you could revisit until after Easter your idea of leaving TIMS. I wish you the happiest of Easter Sundays and will be praying that you will have a change of heart.

You will never be forgotten, Dr. Flanagan, and each of us will always treasure the life-changing gifts you gave us... hope, health, and happiness. Thank you for these priceless gifts, and best of luck with your website, blog, and new book. Would you please consider stopping by to let us know when your book becomes available?

Most respectfully,
~Pam
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

wow poet what a message. you worded it like noone else could. the heart, the truth and what i'm sure the rest of us feel.

he will be so missed on this tims. we fought for him and he with such dignity fought for us--"and still is"
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Re: ccsvi

Post by HappyPoet »

blossom wrote:wow poet what a message. you worded it like noone else could. the heart, the truth and what i'm sure the rest of us feel.

he will be so missed on this tims. we fought for him and he with such dignity fought for us--"and still is"
Yes, you're so right! Wherever he is, he'll be fighting for us, there's no doubt about that. :)
mazza
Family Member

Post by mazza »

I agree wholeheartedly with everyone's sentiments. I have followed this thread since it started and believe Dr Flanagan's theories and explanations are a very large piece of the ms puzzle. Before you leave, and I hope you don't, can you recommend any NUCCA chiropractors in Sydney.

Thank you for sharing your vast knowledge with us and all the best for the future.
DrDiana
Family Elder

Post by DrDiana »

I think we were all lucky to get to share so much of Dr. Flanagan's time here.
I know I'm not the only one grateful for that, as it can be a full-time job, in-and-of-itself!
Focus on that book, now, Dr. F.,and I'm sure you'll see many familiar "faces" on your blog!

Be well.
:wink:
Dr. Diana

Special interest in "brain drains" and how they affect numerous conditions, including MS, Ehlers-Danlos, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, etc. I am a therapeutic optometrist on professional disability with EDS, POTS, CCSVI, mast cell disea
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Thanks Pam for saying what we didn't.
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

i hought it might be a good idea to keep this thread front page for awhile so that any newbies or any others want to check it out could. it also will tell them where to find him should they want to.like poet said some might never hear of this otherwise.

even a drop in line from those it's helping gives hope and encouragement.
i'm always happy to hear these stories.

heck, nigel is becoming wealth of info. on this subject and costumsnational we just have to keep track of his continuing improvements-we have him to thank for bringing dr. flanagan here. and a little music from costume puts a little welcome zip now and again.

then there is dr. koontz who unselfishly and kindly has been willing to step in with his knowledge and point of view. which is respected and appreciated very much.

so, i'd like to keep the homefires burning for awhile---what do you think?

and drury, how's it going for you? some of you others--how's it going? happypoet gotta keep track of you on this. your 2 symptoms that got
relief is holding "as long as your head stays on straight" and who knows you just might be jumping on this thread to report more good news.

at any rate whichever way dr. flanagan is not far away.
Donnchadh
Family Elder

Post by Donnchadh »

blossom check your PM's.

Donnchadh
Kitty says, "Take that, you stenosis!"

Got MS?.....Get Liberated!
DrKoontzDC
Family Member

Post by DrKoontzDC »

Hello Everyone,

I have learned a lot from Dr. Flanagan since costumenastional first introduced us & I know he will be missed from this forum. I know I won't be able to replace him but during his absence I will continue answering your questions concerning Upper Cervical Chiropractic Care to the best of my ability as well as trying to find an Upper Cervical Chiropractor close to those of you who wish to start Upper Cervical Care.

@ Mazza - I will get back to you regarding an Upper Cervical Chiropractor close to you in Sydney.

Regards,
Dr. Koontz
Kathryn333
Family Member

Post by Kathryn333 »

I’m sad that you’re leaving us, Dr. Flanagan. There isn’t much I can add to what has already been said. Thank you for all that you have done for all of us.
Take care of yourself.
You will be missed. :(
Dorothy
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Hello everyone :)

Important Links:
Email contact: uprightdoc@earthlink.com
"The Downside of Upright Posture" book: http://uprightdoc.com
Upright-health new website and blog: http://www.upright-health.com/
Alzheimer's, Parkinson's & MS old website: http://uprightdoctor.wordpress.com/

Blossom, your unique, wonderful way of saying what needs to be said has come through again. Keeping Dr. Flanagan's thread alive is a great idea, and it's an idea which Dr. Koontz happens to agree with. :)

Dr. Koontz, thank you for your extremely generous offer. You helping us while Dr. Flanagan is working on his new book, website and blog is a perfect idea. Thank you again! :)

Edit: Now the links work!
Last edited by HappyPoet on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

hi dr. koontz, thanks for being here for us. dr. flanagan lit the torch in bringing chiropractics into the ms circle and now you are kindly offering to carry it.

my circumstances are pretty bad after yrs. of wear and tear that even if i do not gain benefit which i still have hopes that i will i feel so strongly that had i been able to be treated properly early on in this i would not be in he shape i'm in. i hate to see that happen to others because basically mainstream medicines attitude toward chiropractics to not include it in treatment of ms and other health issues.

this all makes so much sence and hopefully many will benefit. even if i were to give ccsvi treatment another shot i would want my spine in as good a shape as possible and i would want my head on straight before hand.

there are no side effects----and the possibility of everything to gain.