CCSVI and CCVBP

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
blossom
Family Elder

ccvbp

Post by blossom »

hi dr. flanagan, you made my day!!! as i have said from the beginning of this road trip through hell after the fall in 1990 and my symptoms began ---if these symptoms you choose to call ms cannot have anything to do with trauma--then i don't have what you dr.'s call ms. my pleas and questions fell on deaf ears. UNTIL YOU CAME ALONG!!! plus you have explanations that make sence.

i hope that i can be helped too of course BUT if your knowledge of the spine being checked properly and treated properly is applied and the proper chiro.'s can work with the other med. professionals and they open their minds and ears and work together for once-- and it be about "the patients best interest"
for a change---then things will change for the better for all of us.

i'm not saying that for some there may not be other factors besides the spine involved but where better place to start than the foundation of our bodies that is somewhat a roadmap to our body's soul.

i will not be on the internet for a few weeks as i am going for some "i hope" really good therapy. i've just got to get stronger and i so want to be a part of these very exciteing times in the world of the symptoms they have called ms for too many years and have worn blinders when it has come to the possibilities.

SO, GET READY DR. OZ--THERE'S A NEW KID ON THE BLOCK AND HIS NAME IS "DR. FLANAGAN" AND HE HAS SOMETHING TO SAY---AND HE CAN BACK UP WHAT HE HAS TO SAY.

and, once you are famous---please don't forget the little people here. there are many of us here that fell in love and appreciated your kindness and compasSon and guidance and help that you so generously gave your time and advice to. YOU ARE AN EXAMPLE TO US THAT SOMTIMES THE BEST PAYCHECK IS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THE $$$--IT CAN BE MORE FULFILLING JUST TO BE THERE FOR PEOPLE AND YOU DID YOUR BEST TO HELP. AT THE END OF THE DAY AT THE END OF THE ROAD--THIS IS WHAT REALLY COUNTS!!

see you in a couple wks. i got some serious questions i'd appreciate discussing.

HOPE YOU ARE GETTING RESTED FROM YOUR BIG PARTY.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

dr f on dr oz would be the sh!t. that would explode ucc, getting the word out. I too am so grateful for dr f. and him turning me onto ucc. then maybe we can get the dr's to work together and put an end to MS and other conditions.

i feel like a kid in the candy factory with the growth of ucc awareness
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Blossom, another great post! :)

Getting stronger is a wise decision, and I know you'll work hard to get to where you want to be. I'll be with you in spirit every day you're there. :)

TIMS will miss you, pretty lady. :)

Wishing you the best of luck! :)

:)
Drury
Family Elder

Post by Drury »

Wow that was some party!!!!

Hope you are recovering well. Please take your time - you deserve some time out.

Drury
Drury
Family Elder

Post by Drury »

Blossom,

Hope you see some real improvements and as Happy Poet said will be thinking of you.

Drury
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

thanks you guys-we're all in this together-and i feel the love and i send my love. now it's time to rock and roll.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Hello Drury,

Dr. Scarborough is board certified in AO. His address is:

285 Lexington Ave., 2 FL
New York, NY 10016
Phone: (212) 532-3220

Another terrific option is Dr. Leonard Marino on Staten Island. Dr. Marion is certified in the Cox method and has a the latest generation Cox 7 table which includes a special headpiece similar to the tailpiece. You can see the table in action and the conditions it is highly suitable for on his website. Just click on the link below. Trained doctors with special tables like the Cox 7 table are a rare find.

His address is:
1292 Victory Blvd
Staten Island, NY 10301
718-816-9000

http://www.drleonardmarino.com/

Someone should be checking your daughter's muscles, especially the neurologist. Specific muscles need to be visually inspected and palpated for tone and manually tested and noted for strength and qualtity of contraction. EMGs would be helpful also. The muscles involved and the nature of contraction tell you a great deal about whether the problems is central or peripheral as well as primary or secondary in nature. Someone should be able to tell me precisely which muscles are weak and hypotonic or spastic and hypertonic.

Keep me posted.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

The only stumbling block now is getting on the show. But I did send him a pretty good proposal. Now it is up to Dr. Oz. If he gives me a hard time I'll have Blossom soften him up for me.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

uprightdoc wrote:The only stumbling block now is getting on the show. But I did send him a pretty good proposal. Now it is up to Dr. Oz. If he gives me a hard time I'll have Blossom soften him up for me.
thank you Dr. F for taking your time out of your busy day to help us. lol about sending in Blossom.

i took my twin brother, well rather he took me and we went an saw the ucc dr. of course i needed adjusting. the dr just did the temp, muscle pull, laser light, and leg length things. he found his left leg pulling up slightly, mine is my right leg.
he shows no symptoms of ms, could his atlas be off so little that it doesnt effect him or having any atlas misalignment will effect him one day?
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Hello Civickiller,

You have some good questions. Even though you may be genetically identical, ever since your time spent together in utero you have led separate lives. Starting in utero your positions and exits were different. Likewise the rest of your history's are different. Lifestyle, occupation and trauma, as well as many other factors affect the spine.

It's not just the degree of misalignment that determines impact on the brain and cord, it's how the individual is configured and how they got the misalignment in the first place. Aging is one thing. It happens slowly. Trauma is a completely different story.
DrKoontzDC
Family Member

Post by DrKoontzDC »

Hello Everyone,

Just popping in to say hello. It's been several weeks since I've checked the site. I'm very happy to see that it's still going strong. I'm just finishing up 6 weeks of intensive Greek classes and a move in to a new house. I wanted to share a video with all of you that an Upper Cervical Chiropractor has posted on You Tube. He uses the Grostic Upper Cervical Technique with great results. This particular video is of a patient of his who has a Chiari Malformation.

http://youtu.be/ntEuHYa7sRM

I hope everyone is doing ok and I look forward to being more active in this forum again once things calm down for me.
neava
Family Member

Post by neava »

we sit on here and listen to chiroprators, rave on, how wonderful it is, the docs on here talk like they are gods,
but what about the damage that can be done,
your body naturally clicks itself,

the more i think about it the more i know i got worse after my adjustments,

JUST FOR THE ONES THAT DONT KNOW WHAT I HAVE, I HAVE CHIARI MALFORMATION, and ARACHNOID CYSTS IN THE SPINE.

in the chiari community its recommended to have no form of adjustments in the next area, and in most case in the spine due to syringomyelia/syrinx.

the more i read about chiari and adjustments the more i know its wrong,
how can you allow people to believe that this can help then when the higher percent have implications from it?

the doc on here believe that are able to help me but have you passed both written and practical exams in neurology from the American Chiropractic Neurology Board? and the min 300hrs?

The procedure requires passing a small catheter through the femoral vein to the area of venous narrowing. If a significant blockage is confirmed and located during the angiogram, a routine balloon angioplasty (venoplasty) is used to open the narrowed veins. The recovery process from this treatment may be rapid, with many people recognizing positive results immediately following the procedure. A stent may be inserted if medically indicated
how can adjustments do that? where surgery cant?

do you run MRI/CT scans before and after treatment?
neava
Family Member

Post by neava »

thats the thing that gets me, chiari malformations normally have overcrowding, how can adjustments help that,

just going by how my chiari ended up, i had no fluid in the forenum magnum, which required decompression surgery, no ifs no buts, its classified as emergency,
how can adjustments make room for your brain and fluid?
cause really thats the problem with chiarians, there isnt enough room.

if this problem is left you can have permanate damage,
how do you know the adjustments help???? symptoms alone?

thanks
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

I'm going to post two replies here as I think it needs to be said that with Chiari, the adjustments are not to necessarily to 'fix' the problem that you refer to neava. When the brain comes in contact with the skull is when the problem occurs.
The objective with chiropractic is to align the spine with the skull to alter the contact points that occurs to avoid surgery when possible. Ever case would be different and need to be thoroughly assessed.
Some fields in medicine favor the knife others favor allowing the body to self correct as much at it can before such drastic measures as mentioned with bone removal and then issues with fluid support of the brain and CSF flow changes, and also possible ongoing age related or gravity issues.
To often there is a dependence on the pop a pill or cut it off mentality.
Yes in NZ we lack the depth of knowledge in the health system as we discussed at support group today neava, and there is the internet, a place for patients to become educated and meet people with like problems and solutions.
Regards as always,
Nigel
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Thanks Dr. Kroontz, I spent some time looking on Google for more info on NUCCA and found a very impressive sequence of You Tube videos from Dr. Marshall Dickholtz snr.

These in my opinion are in the same direction as what Dr. F and Dr. K are speaking of. The effort by Dr. D is admirable and I hope that everyone takes time to absorb what is being said in all these videos, including neava (who I have sent the link to directly).
In my opinion this is where huge gains in health understanding are happening. Having the funds to 'prove' the knowledge of practitioners who are everyday 'doing' what they are trying to express to not only the general public but fellow medical practitioners, is again the stumbling block.
In the same way that venous insufficiency is struggling to get the funds to expand the knowledge of the de-generative nature of the problem, knowledge of Axis alignment issues is struggling with credibility due to lack of 'scientific evidence'.
Dr. F are you and Dr D communicating? In my humble opinion Dr D's videos have allot to offer and they could do with some editorial help, and maybe narrative assistance to get a presentation that would interest Dr. Oz?
Regards All, Nigel