CCSVI and CCVBP

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Re: CCSVI and CCVBP

Post by uprightdoc »

Robnl wrote:Hi doc,

Where are you?
Hello Robert,

I haven't received any emails from TIMS lately. The link must have been broken. I have been very busy with finishing a paper with Dr. Harshfied for Dr. Smith. I am also finishing a separate paper on craniospinal hydrodynamics I hope to publish in about two months. The two papers put me behind in finishing my next book.

The Merrill Magee Inn is moving along very nicely. Despite the extra-cold temperatures and snow storms the construction continues. One of our Finnish-style contraflow masonry fireplaces (furnace) arrives this week. After we "Finnish" the restaurant we will be building a conservatory over the old in-ground swimming pool. We will also build a classic wood burning Finnish-style sauna complete with vastas for visitors and guests. The Finns know how to live comfortably in the north country. The Merrill Magee Inn will be a warm retreat and spa in winter with some Finnish finesse.
munchkin
Family Elder

Post by munchkin »

Hello Dr.

Is it accurate to say that once the sacrum has shifted the atlas will never br stable?

Thanks
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

Hi doc,

Great to hear from you! :-D
March 30th i got an appointment at the Radboud hospital. Fingers crossed

Fyi...friend of mine had weird symptoms this summer.....maybe ms
Turned out to be a cervical stenosis .....
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

munchkin wrote:... Is it accurate to say that once the sacrum has shifted the atlas will never br stable?...
Hello Munchkin,

Each case is unique. It depends on the individual and the type of shift/misalignment. Some people have double major scoliosis with significant misalignments and no problems at all. Other people have a slight shift and major problems. The same is true for Chiari malformations. Some people have significant descent of the cerebellar tonsils into the foramen magnum and no problems. Other people can have a Chiari 0 and major problems. That said, pelvic misalignments and instability can cause chronic problems in the cervical spine.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Hello Robert,

Thanks.

What types of tests will they be doing ad Radboud Hospital on March 30th?

Cervical spondylosis and stenosis can cause signs and symptoms that mimic MS. Spondylosis and stenosis affect blood and CSF flow in the spinal canal. It is my opinion that they can also cause or contribute to MS signs and symptoms.
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

uprightdoc wrote:Hello Robert,

Thanks.

What types of tests will they be doing ad Radboud Hospital on March 30th?

Cervical spondylosis and stenosis can cause signs and symptoms that mimic MS. Spondylosis and stenosis affect blood and CSF flow in the spinal canal. It is my opinion that they can also cause or contribute to MS signs and symptoms.
Hi doc,

Dont know yet...fist have to make him curious and convince him about my problems.
I will try to get a full spine MRI and a cine mri for CSF....supine position but hey...if CSF flow is bad it should be seen also supine, right?
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

CSF flow problems that occur in the upright/vertical position may or may not show in the recumbent position. Likewise, Chiari malformations that can occur in the upright position may or may not occur in the recumbent position.
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

uprightdoc wrote:CSF flow problems that occur in the upright/vertical position may or may not show in the recumbent position. Likewise, Chiari malformations that can occur in the upright position may or may not occur in the recumbent position.
I know, i know.....but i have learned from earlier 'projects'. I hope that the CINE mri shows something...so i can prove my thoughts, you know the docs 8O
And the normal MRI is needed to send to Dr Smith and dr. Harshfield.
Soooo......hmm still a month and a half to go :evil:

BTW, this morning i had a massage; front legs and upper/middle back....i'm curious I will notice change in Spasms en temors.
Muscles in the back wer very tight, my spasms start in the back....always.

Rgds,

Robert
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Robert,

Are your arm and leg reflexes over or under-active? Do you have and upper motor nerve signs? Has anyone tested and graded muscle strength in your arms and legs?
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

uprightdoc wrote:Robert,

Are your arm and leg reflexes over or under-active? Do you have and upper motor nerve signs? Has anyone tested and graded muscle strength in your arms and legs?
Hi doc,

I got upper motor nerve signs, i will check the rests (i think my reflexes are over active,muscle strength arms OK, legs weak)

Regards,

Robert
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Hi Robert,
It will be very interesting to see your next scans and Cine if you get them.

Did the massage relieve the spasms in the middle and upper back?
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

Yes, for two days it was not so extreme and less frequent
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

Hi doc,

Talked to the physiotherapist today; next week we will test reflexes and muscle strength.
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

"Conclusion: Data analysis of C1-C2 X-Ray parameters shows statistical significance of a
particular profile of people with CCSVI and MS, severe anterior intrusion and right laterality misalignment that are two to three times more frequent as compared to controls. These two specific
radiological dislocation of the C1-C2 vertebrae allows us to hypothesize, in these subjects, a risk of
presence of a CCSVI and of developing a MS. Considering the novelty of this work and the total
absence of scientific similar works able to confirm this data, it is necessary to continue these studies in
order to improve the clinical management of these patients and to perform therapeutic strategies based
on venous decompressive treatments both surgical that manipulatives."
http://www.domenicoricci.it/images/lavo ... _C1-C2.pdf
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

I saw it...interesting