CCSVI and CCVBP

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
NZer1
Family Elder

Re: CCSVI and CCVBP

Post by NZer1 »

Some data from Dr Rosa
mdju93

Post by mdju93 »

uprightdoc wrote:
mdju93 wrote: ... I've got an appointment this coming Tuesday in London for an upright Fonar MRI scan with Dr Francis Smith during which I'll be having my CCJ scanned along with a CSF flow study ... based on what you've said, i think it makes sense to ask for lower spine, or perhaps even full spine x-rays to see what else can be revealed.

I've no idea how my spine became so twisted ... From my own observations my posture is head forward with excessive lumber lordosis and thoracic kyphosis - an exaggerated s-curve when looking at my spine from the side. I hadn't been aware of any lateral side to side deviation when looking at the spine from the front or back. I think your guess about childhood scoliosis is more than likely correct.

I think I have a pretty good understanding of what you're saying but I'm not sure what I can do to try to improve things. I've had my Atlas done but unfortunately this has had no effect.

I'd love to share the MRI and further x-ray results with you if you're interested and okay with that?

Do you think there are any questions to ask or important information to share with Dr Smith on Tuesday that might help things? Mark.
The upright MRI and CINE Flow study are a good idea. There is a good possibility that you have blockage of arterial, venous and CSF flow.

It is important to see the condition and curvatures of the lower spine in your case. Abnormal curvatures such as scoliosis, especially kypohosis, cause abnormal loads and tension strains on the brain, cord and spine. They are also associated with Chiari malformations for the same reason.

It's hard to imagine how adjusting your atlas could have a significant impact on such extensive and extreme deformation of the lower spine. If I were treating you I would work on the full spine with particular emphasis on the dura mater attachments to the craniocervical junction and pelvis. Special treatment tables such as the Cox model 7 and 8 flexion-distraction tables are also a terrific option in cases like yours. While in practice I used both manual and mechanical methods for working on the spine and the dura mater. That said, you are a very challenging case for anyone regardless of what method they use.

I would be happy to take a look at your upright MRI and Dr. Smith's report.

Say hello to Dr. Smith for me. See if they can take some basic x-rays of the lower spine and pelvis to check for pelvic obliquity, scoliosis and kyphosis etc. that may be causative or contributory to the condition of the upper cervical spine (craniocervical junction).
Hi Dr Flanagan,

I've PMed you regarding my MRI scan.

Thanks

Mark.
costumenastional
Family Elder

Post by costumenastional »

Hello people. I just wanted to say that I think of you all, I love you all and to remind you that the day we stop fighting is the day we die. God bless you all and remember: life sucks for some because He knows who is a true fighter. Peace and love.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Hello Mark,

I got the dropbox with the scans and report but they are thumbnail size and can't be enlarged, which make them difficult to see. I will wait to see the CD you mailed before commenting.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Hello Costumenastional.

It's nice to hear from you.
costumenastional
Family Elder

Hello doctor! Very happy to know that you are always trying to help.
mdju93

Post by mdju93 »

uprightdoc wrote:Hello Mark,

I got the dropbox with the scans and report but they are thumbnail size and can't be enlarged, which make them difficult to see. I will wait to see the CD you mailed before commenting.
Sorry about that Dr - I'm new to dropbox, can you tell?

I'll get them mailed off to you ASAP.

Thanks

Mark.
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Hi Costumenastional,

Been a while, great to hear from you

:)
costumenastional
Family Elder

Great to talk with you again my friend!! For me it feels more than a while. Funny how life can keep you busy with no particular reason...
Hope you are doing fairly well.
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

:) No particular reason other than Living!
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

Hi doc,

Update; today the 3rd new treatment appointment with George. Last time he specificly treated the c0. c1 with a kind of 'gun'.
According to George it will take 7 or 8 treatments before i will notice something...

regards,

Robert
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Hello Robert,

The "gun" is a good device. There are several good ones on the market. Atlas Orthogonal and Orthospinology upper cervical methods both use similar mechanical devices mounted on stands for precision alignment of the adustment based on specific three dimensional analysis taken from x-rays. The instruments can only be used on the upper cervical spine. The Arthostim is another good instrument for adjustments of the upper cervical. It is not mounted on a stand. Instead, the device is hand-held and the doctor aligns the stylus manually. The Arthrostim can also be used effectively on the lower spine. There is no evidence to show that any method of adjusting the upper cervical spine is better than another.
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

George uses the Arthrostim.
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Hi all.
Dr F what exactly is the purpose of the treatments, or the effect on the alignment.

Is it a physical shift of the discs which enables them to self align?

Or is it a way of getting the body to release a pattern of protection due to the body sensing that it needs to hold a position for protection?

Is it a release of muscles that have locked into a hold?

Is it a problem occurring where the muscle bunching is causing a nerve compression?

Is it a muscle bunching causing a flow restriction?

Is there a true understanding of what is happening by treatments?

It seems that there are many theories but not enough money spent of fathoming the true changes and more importantly the problem isn't 'as yet' definable that is causing the cascade of symptoms in the first place! There is change occurring but the reason a problem exists seems to be of far more importance for 'all' of us!

;)
Nigel
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Nigel,

Alignment is only part of the problem. Knowing the direction of misalignment can help to guide the treatment. It is not the be all and end all of treatments that it is claimed to be in my opinion. My goal in treating patients is to restore function, not necessarily just alignment. In many cases alignment cannot be restored but function can and signs and symptoms improved. As far as degenerated and herniated discs are concerned, the initial goal of my treatment is to reduce pain, inflammation and spasms. The pain and inflammation can be due to compression of nerves or muscles spasms from acute and chronic strains. After relieving the pain and inflammation, I work to restore function. There are some good working theories as to what happens with adjustments but as in medicine, much of it has not been proven. You don't need to know the exact theory, however, to get good results or to understaned how a mislignment in the craniocervical junction can affect craniospinal hydrodynamics and cause a wide variety of symptoms, which I thoroughly describe in my recent paper. The technology is here now to do the studies regarding the different theories and effectivenss of different methods of correction.