CCSVI and CCVBP

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Hello Civickiller,
Yes it is possible to reach maximum improvement and not feel as good as you did when you first started. There are many things that can cause you to feel worse or exacerbate your musculoskeletal symptoms, such as LDN, which can cause both muscle and joint complaints in certain patients who appear to be senistive to it.

Adjustments should be based on objective signs taken from x-rays and tests such as leg length, thermograms, posture checks, spinal ranges of motion, muscle testing, soft tissue palpation, etc.. The doctor should be monitoring at least some of the above on every visit and most NUCCA doctors take post x-rays soon after starting treatment to ensure that they are on the right track.

What are you symptoms?
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Very well put Nigel.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

thank Nigel and Dr. Flanagan

for the past couple months i think, I havent been taking my LDN. I just started taking it again couple days ago. but when i did stand up this morning, i had no lower back pain,. idk if it was just fresh morning back muscle or the ucc/ldn combo we'll see throughout the day though
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Hello all,

It's down to the wire so there could still be some glitches to prevent it from happening, otherwise it looks like I will be participating in a webinar on normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) put on for neurologists and neurosurgeons next week. The meeting facilitator said it was too late but the interventional radiologist who invited me insisted. He was very complimentary and told the facilitator that I am "the man" when it comes to CSF obstruction and NPH and all the different consequences it causes. I will also be collaborating with the doctor on future research. As it turns out, he has been working with Dr. Scot Rosa for the past ten years using MRI study the effects of Atlas Orthogonal correction. Dr. Rosa just did the study Poet and Hannakat were in.
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Congratulations How exciting!

I saw Dr. Bender yesterday who mentioned that you and Dr. Rosa connected. The power of TIMS, the willingness of doctors like you to collaborate, and the "big mouths" of us patients is amazing. I hope we get to meet you one if these days, maybe in Albany when the MS/MRI study happens.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Sorry Bestadmom. I meant you and Poet were in the study and from what I have gathered so far it was a huge success.
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

No apologies needed. I haven't been in it yet, but will be. Only HP has participated but that wasn't a strictly ms study.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

uprightdoc wrote: What are you symptoms?
my symptoms are heat sensitivity and lower back pain

i was curious about roughly the % of people that experience retracing?
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

hi dr. flanagan, looks like a biggie coming up for you in the near future. knock their socks off with your knowledge.

for over 20 yrs. i tried and tried like beating my head against a brick wall to have at least the issues i was presenting to them addressed. "you know my story" i told you early on when i conversed with you before you came onto tims. and, we have costumesnational to always thank for that. -- i always got the look, the smart alec remarks the just i don't give a damn what you and your body is showing and telling you or what your knowing deep gut knowledge of your body you are in tune with -- and basically i was to accept their diag. and treatments. i thank GOD everyday that my hard head kept me away from their harmful and basically useless drugs. at least my inners are pretty much in good order."yet not one time did any of them have an answer to any of my questions nor did they care to find out." "they" the neuro.'s - and basically any other dr. i sought out-- were locked into their box but i never bought into it. "at least not in my case." and, sadly for me in my neck of the woods the chiro.'s were not what i needed and just did not have the knowledge for whatever reasons.

i can't even pretend to explain in the medical terms etc.you do and some here on tims are savy to the big words and medical terms. but, it is like a cloudy sky opening up and the sun shining through and not only can i see better but it is putting light on a host of things that has been kept in the dark too long. so, those in the med. field that choose to still stay in the dark had better be prepared to put on really good sunglasses because the light is just gonna get brighter. or they can quit "practiceing" medicine and join in an effort where the "patient" is the focus instead of what the fda or what powers of choice have hindered this.

i hope someway somehow there is still hope for me and others like me and it would be a dream come true to somehow be a part of all this. it's like my thoughts and convictions are finally being vendicated.

one thing for sure there are many early on diagnosed people that are in the box of symptoms they call ms and other so named diseases that have "real hope" and answers. not like when they told me trauma could not cause ms. --yet when asking what caused this ms it was well, we think it is caused by this or that. true there will be some other factors come into play but as i said from day 1--if trauma had nothing to do with this then i don't have what you call ms.

so, yes "you da man". so with your knowledge of the importance of having your head on straight and straightening the spine---NOW you and the team you will be working with gotta get the mainstream medicine way of thinking straightened out. and you will because YOU ARE DA MAN!!
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Congratulations, Dr. Flanagan,

I'm very happy for you, and I'm sure you'll be terrific. Do you have details on how we can be a part of the webinar as audience members? Or will the webinar be available at some other point after it takes place? It's wonderful when the right information finds its way into the world!

~~~~~~~~~~

Bestadmom, I'll certainly help with trying to get Dr. Flanagan to come to the facility when testing is happening. I've been wanting him to meet my AO chiro, Dr. Wehrenberg, for a while now because they live close to each other -- seems like a waste not to have them meet, right DrF? ;)

~~~~~~~~~~

Blossom, love what you wrote. You always have a great way of expressing your ideas and thoughts. So glad you're back and among us again! :D

~~~~~~~~~~

Civickiller, every time I see one of your posts, no matter what the thread is about, I know I'll be reading something about UCC. Way to go! More voices! More voices!
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Civickiller,
I don't know what the percentage of patients who go through retracing is. It's an old term used mostly by upper cervical doctors that I don't agree with in theory or practice.

As far as heat sensitivity and low back issues are concerned I have both. Low back problems can be caused by many things. Mine is related to connective tissue problems that are genetic. In addition to adjustments I take specific Traditional Chinese herbal formulas based on my particular physiology (conformation) when necessary to deal with problems as they arise. They work very well.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Hello Blossom and Poet,
Blossom you are a part of this. I have to agree. B comes up with some beauts. It it weren't for routy people like you Blossom and all the TiMS banditos we wouldn't haven't gotten this far. It's people like you have pushed things forward and some of you barely have the strength to walk.

The webinar is for neuros and neurosurgeons. As much as I would like to do it, it's touch and go for me being able to fit into this one on such short notice. Regardless, I will be collaborating with the doctors on future research and webinars.

I will be meeting with the the tech late this morning to go over the software and see if it's feasible. The problem will be in trying to put together a pp type presentation and get it downloaded in time considering we had other plans for the weekend. The doctors put on a terrific presentation and I don't want to detract from it. I may participate on a smaller scale this time and see what they do and how I can blend into and add to it.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

what happened with me, ive never really thought it was "retracing" because while i may have had attacks all over my body, my right leg and arm is the only part of my body that isnt fully functional or so i think vs I think it may have been just an ms attack

so the past two days w/ ldn, ive had no lower back pain at all, i never passed out from heat, and had no difficultly breathing from heat. first thing i noticed today was lower back pain, thats when i remembered i forgot to take my ldn last night. maybe i dont need to be rexrayed but then again i hadnt been rexrayed in 4 months, i dont know.

On such short notice, if you cant make it to the webinar, no problem. there will be more in the future. I am so appreciative that your willing to help out in any way
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

We've got the webinar worked out. I tried the platform which is based on Adobe and it was simple and easy to use with a lot of potential for different media, and no equipment was necessary. Nonetheless, I decided to pass and not be a presenter. There just isn't enough time and I don't want to distract the show. Besides, I would like to sit back and see the other doctors presentations. I will be participating in the webinar, however, and taking questions.

Aside from your low back Civickiller, do you get muscle spasms anywhere else?
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

uprightdoc wrote:We've got the webinar worked out. I will be participating in the webinar, and taking questions.
woohoo

Aside from your low back Civickiller, do you get muscle spasms anywhere else?
i only to get muscle spasms in my legs, when stretching in the morning, and trying to walk up and down stairs but it doesnt hurt at all. is lower back pain muscle spasms?