Livabird's Bulgaria Adventure

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
livabird
Family Elder

Post by livabird »

thanks all, called and cancelled all my cards... but mine and Jaynes bank said sorry nothing they will do until we are back in the UK...
Spent most of the night in the police station, but not much will come of this... she is caught right on CCTV going in our room as soon as i took Jayne to the toilet...

So thanks to Belinda who bought us dinner and has been so much support... yes again TIMS is great.... Everyone else left i.e. Geya tours etc... so we were on our own with no food no money.... not sure i like this hospitality...

I will meet with people at the hospital to give them a chance, but if nothing comes of it I will be plastering NEGATIVE publicity against Bulgaria and will be heading to every paper i can in the UK/Canada and the US

I can't believe we have just been left after what has happened...
Interrupted
Family Elder

Post by Interrupted »

What a nightmare! First thought is, can you not borrow enough dosh to rind someone back home to perhaps wire some money out to you?

Genuinely hope someone from the hospital gets off their bottom and comes to your aid, shocking that no one has! xx
28/07/10, 04/10/10, 16/11/10 - CCSVi Dopplers x3 ** 12/10/10 - Poland procedure. Symptoms worsened. No improvement.
13/02/12 - Wheldon ABX protocol for 1.5yrs. Fairly stable but no improvement. Unable to source alternate ABX needed.
LivabirdsHubbie
Family Member

Post by LivabirdsHubbie »

well here we are at 9am, no one has even come to see how we are, bumped in to someone from Geya tours and they said have we sorted things out, didn't ask how we are or offered to help.... calling embassy now Jayne is in tears and wants to go home
costumenastional
Family Elder

Post by costumenastional »

Hey hey Rick...take it easy mate. Everything will be shorted out before you know it.
LivabirdsHubbie
Family Member

Small light, met with Joseph and Prof Grozdinski, they are taking us both into the hospital and will ensure we are fed, Joseph is absolutely wonderful, thanks Michelle, also Prof Grozdinski is very caring and is doing everything, the pulled the tests ahead to today.... feeling better about the hospital, they are truly trying...
costumenastional
Family Elder

Told you so ;)
Kiss Belinda for me please :)
LivabirdsHubbie
Family Member

thanks Bud, Belinda is sitting right here beside me....kisses back...
well another shock, back to the hospital room ready to go get lunch, nurse says back to your room and get ready for procdure, they are doing it today... oh dear....
costumenastional
Family Elder

HAHA this rings some bells indeed...
Best of luck for Liva mate. We ll be waiting for some good news.
LivabirdsHubbie
Family Member

Geya Tours has sorted us for now with some money, they are really trying to make the effort now, Please don't do anything rash as a result, just upset feeling lost, I am having treatment today and will feel awful if i get great results and people are cancelling, please only be aware and vigilant, as of this point Joseph has been amazing and the hospital have been great, Geya Tours is learning from this and learning
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

It is certainly stressful and scary, but please try to focus on the procedure first whatever come after is ... Later...

Best and cheers :) :wink:
Forgetfull

Post by Forgetfull »

Just been reading what has happened to you how awfull.
hope you are now looking ahead to benifits from the procedure
hope Liva is doing well, please keep us informed
LivabirdsHubbie
Family Member

sadly Jayne is back and very very upset...
If anyone wants details pm me and i will let you know... won't go public right now as there has already been 2 people cancelling because of this...
Suffice to say, the sooner we get out of this god foresaken place the better...
AnnaP
Family Elder

Post by AnnaP »

Hi Rick,

I'm really sorry for your and Jayne's misfortune. I hope she will get better soon.
I was in Bulgaria in June. I and others from the UK, Greece and Canada had the best experience. Dr's Grozdinski and Petrov are the best. The hospital is top notch, and the nurses' were wonderful. The hospital hotel and the Greenville hotel were very clean, comfortable and very accomadating.
I want people to know there are different experiences, some good and some bad.
SandyK
Family Elder

Post by SandyK »

These posts are all over the place. First the experience is great and then BAM down to crap! I don't get why people are being asked to PM for details. We're all hanging by our fingernails to hear how she is.
LivabirdsHubbie
Family Member

SandyK wrote:These posts are all over the place. First the experience is great and then BAM down to crap! I don't get why people are being asked to PM for details. We're all hanging by our fingernails to hear how she is.
They are all over the place because that is the way it is going... Sorry if this upsets people...
This is my last TIMS post thanks for that, if you were here you would understand....
Yes everyone has there own experience, this is ours...

Thanks SandyK now i have 1 less place that i have to post...

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”