MS Researcher Slams CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
eve
Family Elder

Post by eve »

I wish Shapiro and all other critcs would put their money where their mouth is and fund CCSVI research. Because that's what's needed.

I am very glad to have a neuro who is curious about CCSI. I provided him with loads of data on an usb stick when I went to visit him 6 months ago and when I saw him last month, the first words out of his mouth were 'wow, it has really taken off, hasn't it?!

I am certain he would be delighted if CCSVI proves its value for MS and I'd like to think he is not the only neuro out there.
dx 2002,RRMS,  suspected begin of MS 1978 (age 10)
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

S ...... thanks

I think it's important to point out the new technology - MRI's 1985 -
Doppler radar .....? ...... ALL the new -and improving daily- equipment available to the medical community .

There is little to no hope for old text book doctors like Shapiro ... they seem lost ..... and choose to lash out ..... rather than investigate their concerns in a professional manner .

I say .... Screw'um

Let's focus on the leading edge doctors and the ever evolving technology's available . :idea:

And that is clearly happening before our very eyes .

Time to round up Mrs. Success ..... and have a cocktail :!: :lol:

Call me unreliable ..... call me undependable ..... throw in .....

Mr. Success
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

Frankly I am reminded of Max Planck's quote which goes like this:

“A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it”

It was probably Planck's own experience (how theories in modern physics were met with) that was speaking when he made that statement.

I think CCSVI definitely has a causal link with MS. But its probably going to be a long time before it can show results and get accepted. I hope and pray that people behind CCSVI have patience, perseverence for a long haul ...
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it
- Max Planck
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

I agree it is going to be a long long haul. I'm sure I won't live to see the day. It is sad for those who cannot help themselves, or have not got money to do this.

But look. It is happening. The dike has bust. It is now going to be word of mouth, and to think a few short years ago there was no youtube.

I'm sure we have the weight of truth, and of the experiences of thousands of people behind us. You could no more stop this particular train than you could drop-kick the moon. Now we are in the long haul. There will be tragedy, and comedy, and lies and injustice. Some of us, we know, will not make it to see the day. But so many will.

"And you know, the darkest hour is always just before the dawn." -David Crosby
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I do not think it will be too long of a haul. CCSVI is simple, elegant, provable, and fixable.