What an MS 'Nurse' said to me this afternoon!!! lol

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Coolcatcarrie
Family Member

What an MS 'Nurse' said to me this afternoon!!! lol

Post by Coolcatcarrie »

... My MS nurse phoned me this afternoon because she and my neurologist are 'concerned' (haha) about me having my CCSVI (scanned at EHC) treated outside of this country. i told her that I am waiting to be treated with EHC in Scotland - but that if back in the summer they had not found a problem with my veins,that I did have 2 reserve appointments lined up in Poland and I WOULD have gone in a FLASH!
This is the best bit though, I asked her if she has any patients who have been liberated? And she said "no" (here comes the best...) "but my hairdresser knows of someone who has had it done and it had absolutely no effect!!!" - WHAT kind of medical opinion is that!?!?!? And she reckoned only about 100 people have been treated!! Get your facts straight before you dish out advice! What a sausage!
I know CCSVI is the root cause of my MS and no amount of negative vibes from an ms nurse or neurologist will make me feel different!!! x :D
joge
Family Elder

Post by joge »

I'd trust the hairdresser better than the neuro or nurse! LOL
I'm ready, I'm ready !
CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

You are right, she is a sausage. :D
dx 4/09 * Stanford appointment 11/09/09 * One stent left, low jugular 11/10/09!<br />One year from treatment, I have my life back.  Placebo schmebo.
Coolcatcarrie
Family Member

Post by Coolcatcarrie »

Heehee, Carrie x
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Post by thornyrose76 »

God, half of 'em are either really rude or really airheadish! :? 8O
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

So much for the bad reports getting buried, they are the only ones people remember sometimes.
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Don't worry about it. My brother is no air-head, but he wants the world (and his in-laws) to know he is no fool, and so he take the negative side, just in case. Also he is genuinely concerned, and since he is not around and would never want anything bad to happen to me, and would never forgive himself if he had anything to do with my coming to more grief, he leaves that as it should be, entirely up to me. Medical people are used to being on the cautious side. I have met those who for some reason take a genuine joy in negativity, but not often.

Beware: officiousness can lead to oafishness.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
smokey
Family Member

Post by smokey »

Did the MS nurse have a nice haircut?? HAHAHA!!
Would you recommend the hairdresser???
TMrox
Family Elder

Post by TMrox »

smokey that is absolutely a fair point.

"Did the MS nurse have a nice haircut?" LOL!!!! Otherwise how are we supposed to trust her sources.
Diagnosed with Transverse Myelitis in December 2008. Inflammatory demyelination of the spinal cord (c3-c5). No MS, but still CCSVI.
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

smokey wrote:Did the MS nurse have a nice haircut?? HAHAHA!!
Would you recommend the hairdresser???
Ha. A picture uploaded Carrie, that's what we need.
scorpion
Family Elder

Re: What an MS 'Nurse' said to me this afternoon!!! lol

Post by scorpion »

Coolcatcarrie wrote:... My MS nurse phoned me this afternoon because she and my neurologist are 'concerned' (haha) about me having my CCSVI (scanned at EHC) treated outside of this country. i told her that I am waiting to be treated with EHC in Scotland - but that if back in the summer they had not found a problem with my veins,that I did have 2 reserve appointments lined up in Poland and I WOULD have gone in a FLASH!
This is the best bit though, I asked her if she has any patients who have been liberated? And she said "no" (here comes the best...) "but my hairdresser knows of someone who has had it done and it had absolutely no effect!!!" - WHAT kind of medical opinion is that!?!?!? And she reckoned only about 100 people have been treated!! Get your facts straight before you dish out advice! What a sausage!
I know CCSVI is the root cause of my MS and no amount of negative vibes from an ms nurse or neurologist will make me feel different!!! x :D
That crazy nurse. She called because she was concerneed about you. I think you should get on social; website and post nasty things about her!
Coolcatcarrie
Family Member

Post by Coolcatcarrie »

Lol! Yeh it's not a great hair cut! Because if it was I definitely would trust what her hairdresser said! Heehee! I wonder how many of her other patients she's told that story! X
Coolcatcarrie
Family Member

Post by Coolcatcarrie »

Shall I go on a secret mission L to get a pic of her? That would be fab - a wall of shame where we could all post photos of the "sausages" that call themselves medical professionals, Ha! I love it, x
Coolcatcarrie
Family Member

Post by Coolcatcarrie »

And then u could judge the haircut yourselves
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

Coolcatcarrie wrote:Shall I go on a secret mission L to get a pic of her? That would be fab - a wall of shame where we could all post photos of the "sausages" that call themselves medical professionals, Ha! I love it, x
Do it! Just the hair mind you. It seems to me like you'd have to censor the face. Is disembodied hair posted without permission violating any laws/rules?

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”