Natural Blood thinner

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Gordon
Family Elder

Natural Blood thinner

Post by Gordon »

Vitamin E is a natural blood thinner I am told From the internet it states

Vitamin E Studies
Vitamin E is beneficial for use as an anticoagulant. There are several studies on the use of vitamin E. According to these studies, there has been no conclusive evidence that vitamin E will reduce the risk of heart disease and other chronic diseases.

Wheat germ looks like an excellent source -

Question is

SHOULD we be taking Vitamin E while on Plavix
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

interestingly, vitamin E is a major factor in the good old klenner protocol for ms, to the tune of 3200IU per day. obviously not something to be done in the long term.

klenner recommends a particular form of vitamin E. it was the best form available according to the research of the era. in fact now we know whole food sources are best and if you must supplement, take an E8 complex including 4 tocopherols and 4 tocotrienols.
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

Don't forget garlic!
welshman
Family Elder

Post by welshman »

On a local t.v. station just yesterday there was an interesting health topic dealing with mixing prescribed drugs and over the counter medications and in particular "natural remedies" and 'additives". The doctor was not talking about MS or any disease, just that if you have a drug prescribed then it is essential to ensure no interaction between it and any other pills you are taking - whether those pills might be vitamins or supplements.
It was sort of suggested that when a drug is prescribed the doctor should in fact ask if you are taking supplements, but if he doesn't then the onus falls on us to tell him. It appears there are many possible dangerous interactions between prescribed drugs and what we might consider non-consequential supplements. The pharmasist can also be a good source of information regarding prescriptions and other supplementary pills.
solney
Getting to Know You...

garlic the great!

Post by solney »

this is a good article on garlic. my mother was liberated one month to the day ago and is still seeing improvements. after she finishes her plavex i plan on putting her on some good ole garlic. i will not however be messing with it until she has finished her plavex.
http://www.emedicinal.com/articles/garlic-the-great.php
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

another good article on salicylate-rich foods, vitamins, oils etc

http://www.ctds.info/natthinners.html
Gordon
Family Elder

Thanks everyone

Post by Gordon »

What I am doing.

Staying on the Plavix protocal for six months. (75 MGs of aspirin)

6 to 8 glasses of water per day

excersise 20 minutes to 1 hour pre day if possible.. getting heart rate up

When Plavix finished

Avoid Blood clotting foods - Vitamin K

Increase Vitamin E foods

6 to 8 glasses of water per day
nagsy
Family Member

Post by nagsy »

jimmylegs wrote:another good article on salicylate-rich foods, vitamins, oils etc

http://www.ctds.info/natthinners.html
Thanks for this link....

We have home-cooked indian food at least once per day which is loaded with herbs and spices high in salicylates. My wife also has a handful of the fruits which are stated in the doc - so we are doing something right at least.

Furthermore we have found that a glass or two of red wine in the evening (deep red full bodied) stops the arm spasms the next day.

Cheers,

Pinda
Still fighting the fight!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

no probs nags :) i noted this phrase with interest:
Many studies have found that long term prescription antibiotic use can cause bleeding problems due to a vitamin K deficiency.
i love that james duke is cited that man is genius :D
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

Anticoagulant rich diet for stroke patients:
http://ezinearticles.com/?Anticoagulant ... id=3866884
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

thanks, Jimmylegs, I worry about taking supplements post-treatment the way I do now because I don't want the interaction. (I take vitamin E, garlic, coq10, alpha linoeic acid, etc.) I was planning to stop taking them a month before the procedure but I don't see a reason to limit things like fruit juice and garlic as part of meals, so this information comes in handy. :)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

no probs cece. what form of vitamin E are you supplementing? some are sketch.
TMrox
Family Elder

Post by TMrox »

I found this in the book "100 best health foods". Just be careful if you are already taking blood thinners and anticoagulants.

Tomatoes contain lycopene, which offers protection from prostate cancer and compounds to help prevent blood clots. Also contain salicylates which have an anticoagulante effect.

Pineapples contain an active substance known as bromelian. This protein has been proven to ease the inflammation associated with arthritis and joint pain, and may also help to reduce the incidence of bloot clots.

Garlic is rich in powerful sulphur compounds that cause garlic's strong odour but are the main source of its health benefits. Research has found that garlic can help minimize the risk of both heart disease and many types of cancer. May prevent formation of blood clots and arterial plaque and help prevent heart disease.

Beetroot, has high levels of nitrates which work like aspirin to prevent blood clots, and also help to protect the lining of the blood vessels.

Radicchio, known as italian chicory, provide anticancer compounds to protect our hearts and compounds that help prevent blood clots.

Kidney beans are an excellent source of good-quality protein, zinc and fibre and contain compounds to help prevent blood clots.

Parsley is strongly antioxidant and anticoagulant is also rich in vitamin C and iron.

Cinnamon
is an anti-inflammatory antibacterial spice that help relieve bloating and heartburn and offer protection against strokes and helps prevent blood clots.

Nugmeg helps prevent blood clots and cardiovascular disease, is antibacterial, midly sedative and may be anti-inflammatory
Diagnosed with Transverse Myelitis in December 2008. Inflammatory demyelination of the spinal cord (c3-c5). No MS, but still CCSVI.
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

I have a question... what if the opposite is true? . thrombocytopenia .. thin blooded?