THANKSGIVING

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
drsclafani
Family Elder

THANKSGIVING

Post by drsclafani »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I am thankful for my life.

I have had health, and wealth and the joy of being surrounded by wonderful people in a great city in a great country at the time of that country’s greatness.
I have great family, great colleagues and wonderful teachers and mentors.
I have had the opportunity to pursue a career in interventional radiology, a developing specialty that has proved to be safe and effective. I chose to perform clinical investigation treating the neglected disease called trauma that with time became a hot commodity and led to fame, travel, good fortune and a world of friends. On the way, this young man’s grandiose fantasy of changing world standards and making a difference became a reality and lives were saved in the process.

I have been a fortunate man and I give thanks.

One year ago I had the good fortune to meet Michelle Brown who sought help for multiple sclerosis. As I investigated this problem I met a wealth of like-minded physicians and scientists who share the passion to make a difference., , , Dake, Galleoti, Haacke, Lee, Salvi, Schelling, Simka, Sinan, Siskin, Zamboni, Zivadinov, and so many more. My life is better for it.
But the best fortune has been the opportunity and privilege to work with so many patients of passion, compassion and caring who shared this vision and provided me with the drive and the challenge to make a difference.

And so I give thanks for all I have. And all I get to do.

It is with humility that I share this gratitude with you and announce that I will begin treatments of CCSVI full time in January of 2011.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
Sal Sclafani
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

Thank you Doctor Sal Sclafani.

ps: can I get you to check my azygous in 2012? (I would imagine you are booked far beyond that though)
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
marcstck
Family Elder

Post by marcstck »

As my tribe is wont to say, Dr. Sclafani, mazel tov. And a blessing on your head…
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

what great news . I do hope you will be instructing other medical professionals in addition to treating .

It looks like 2011 is going to be the start of a new dawn for understanding MS .

Thanks Dr. Sclafani.

Mr. Success
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Well, that's a pretty terrific Thanksgiving message, Dr. Sclafani.
I second Marc. Blessings on your head (and hands)
xo,
Joan
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

Thank you Doctor; what a relief to know you'll be working again soon on that big question mark which is CCSVI.
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

... Happy Thanksgiving, Dr Sclafani ... :)

“By accident of fortune a man may rule the world for a time, but by virtue of love he may rule the world forever”
Lao Tzu
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Johnson, you must be on his list???

CCSVI@aac-llc.com :D

Dr. Sclafani, thank you, it is our good fortune to have you on our side.
Last edited by Cece on Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

We do not celebrate Thanksgiving in my country but as I have never respected any borders I celebrate what I want.
I would like to thank TIMS and many people who post here or only read here that they exist :wink:
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
silverbirch
Family Elder

Post by silverbirch »

OMG that is just the best news, I pray every night and light a candle every week to bless all your hands and minds.

Go fly Prof……………

I thank you and Dake, Galleoti, Haacke, Lee, Salvi, Schelling, Simka, Sinan, Siskin, Zamboni, Zivadinov cheerleader cece jimmy legs , mark stack and many, many others .

Watch out for the three greedeyed monsters gang.....
costumenastional
Family Elder

Post by costumenastional »

I wish you everlasting health and happiness Dear Doctor Sclafani. And of course huge rates of success once you start treating again.
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

“A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out.”
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it
- Max Planck
MegansMom
Family Elder

Post by MegansMom »

Dear Dr Sal Scafani,

This afternoon or this evening you ( and Doctors Dake, Galleoti, Haacke, Lee, Salvi, Schelling, Simka, Sinan, Siskin, Zamboni, Zivadinov, et al) will probably sit down to a feast of a holiday meal.

And those family and friends around you will make you feel warm and loved. May you feel the love of the hundreds if not thousands of us.....the grateful pwMS community.

We are so very grateful and thankful that there are pioneer physicians still willing to advanced science and help patients even when the methods are not popluar or trendy.

May you have courage and wisdom going forward. May you have much more continued success and contentment in your life's work.

Many blessings to all of you CCSVI pioneer physicians

Cat Somerville
Cat (Catherine Somerville on FB)
MegansMom
My 35 yo daughter is newly dx 8/19/10 (had 12 symptoms)
Dx with Type A CCSVI- 1 IJV & double "candy wrapper" appearance of her Azygos
Venoplasty done Sept 21, 2010
Doing extremely well-
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Happy Thanksgiving, Dr. Sclafani.

Wow. You sure do know how to make a person's Thanksgiving Day an extra special day. Thank you!

I am very thankful you joined TiMS to become a part of our family.
Last edited by HappyPoet on Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blaze
Family Elder

Post by Blaze »

We give thanks for you, Dr. Scalafani!

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”