Question about the angioplasty procedure

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
David1949
Family Elder

Question about the angioplasty procedure

Post by David1949 »

During the angiopasty procedure is the patient totally undraped beneath the hospital gown or is underwear permitted? :oops:
NotFound
Family Elder

Post by NotFound »

All is off. Underwear included.

A humbling procedure.
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

NotFound wrote:All is off. Underwear included.

A humbling procedure.
Yes Indeed!
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

David1949 wrote:

A humbling procedure.
Yes Indeed!
Not only is all off, but one is shaved where one would rather not be shaved, both males and females.
NotFound
Family Elder

Post by NotFound »

HappyPoet wrote:
David1949 wrote:

A humbling procedure.
Yes Indeed!
Not only is all off, but one is shaved where one would rather not be shaved, both males and females.
Good point. One might choose to do some shaving him/herself, because some nurses are far from being "gentile" when doing several patients in the row.
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

One might choose to do some shaving him/herself, because some nurses are far from being "gentile" when doing several patients in the row.
They're not circumcising, are they?
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
NotFound
Family Elder

Post by NotFound »

Johnson wrote:
One might choose to do some shaving him/herself, because some nurses are far from being "gentile" when doing several patients in the row.
They're not circumcising, are they?
Not females, that I can promise you. Guys do come out looking somewhat different though...
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Well, I went for waxing before the procedure only the usual parts and it was fine so no more shaving. I am sure women are used to shave on the right and on the left side as well.
I do not think anybody saw me naked except the nurse who brought me the bad pan. I am scared of catheter but I have no problem with the bad pan.
They do not like to use catheter in Bratislava/Slovakia only if the patient asks for it.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

Being a 61 year old geezer I don't think anyone would be interested in seeing me naked. But I still think it would be embarressing to have it all hanging out, so to speak.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

David1949 wrote:Being a 61 year old geezer I don't think anyone would be interested in seeing me naked. But I still think it would be embarressing to have it all hanging out, so to speak.
Oh sorry, I was not thinking about that :oops: :oops: :oops:
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
NotFound
Family Elder

Post by NotFound »

ErikaSlovakia wrote: except the nurse who brought me the bad pan. I am scared of catheter but I have no problem with the bad pan.
They do not like to use catheter in Bratislava/Slovakia only if the patient asks for it.
Erika
Thankfully there was none of this in the States. I was allowed to go to the restroom (yes, with a watchful nurse, but still) soon after procedure.

The whole "bed pan or catheter" thing was the hardest for me to deal with post procedure in Poland :(
soapdiva884
Family Elder

Post by soapdiva884 »

Dr. Sclafani does not require a shave!!!!!! :lol:
Boyfriend dx'd 6-6-06!!! RRMS............CCSVI procedure done on Nov. 13, 2010 and March 7, 2011 by Dr. Sclafani!
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

soapdiva884 wrote:Dr. Sclafani does not require a shave!!!!!! :lol:
I wonder if Dr.Sclafani's patient list just doubled in size, lol.
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

HappyPoet wrote:
David1949 wrote:

A humbling procedure.
Yes Indeed!

there is no evidence that shaving reduces infection. i never shave my patients.
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

David1949 wrote:Being a 61 year old geezer I don't think anyone would be interested in seeing me naked. But I still think it would be embarressing to have it all hanging out, so to speak.
this can be done with discrete privacy. I place a sheet over the patient and then pull it back putting a towel over the pubis to cover the genitalia. Then i can prep both inguinal creases where it must be sterile. Finally a sterile drape is placed over the entire body.

removal of all clothing down south especially underwear is necessary because we are working there and cannot risk infection by contamination.

it is the insensitive that need to be sensitized. Doing this as if in the locker room must be deplored and it is well within your rights to ask for a little privacy and dignity.

i of course am an exhibitionist and love to expose myself

to ridicule