Siskin-method

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Siskin-method

Post by thornyrose76 »

What happense when you see Siskin-is it dopplar ultra sound one day then the next day MRV-angioplasty? Does he do an MRI at anytime? How does it work?
AlmostClever
Family Elder

Post by AlmostClever »

Well, when I was treated by him, it was check-in at the front desk (in the basement!) and straight to the prep/recovery area where you'll change into your gown and have the IV put into your hand.

(I flew in from out-of-town so I assume they automatically do a catheter venogram. I don't know if locals are pre-screened with doppler or not.)

Doc comes in, says hi, answers any questions and checks out.

Then you're wheeled into the angio-suite and they go to work on you.

When you're done, they wheel you back to recovery and you're free to go after a couple of hours. Doc comes in and talks about the procedure and answers any more questions before you go.

US follow-up is the next day.

No MRI.

Piece of cake!

edit: I was treated in 8/2010
Last edited by AlmostClever on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Al Einstein
leetz
Family Elder

yep...

Post by leetz »

dito!
GOD BLESS.... CCSVI treatment Dr. Siskin great doc....symptom's improved for about 3 week's (gait, balance, spasticity) now back to square 1...
jay123
Family Elder

Post by jay123 »

Last I talked with him (last may) he was leaning towards going right to the 'gold standard' of the venogram as the first step, that the doppler wasn't needed.
bruce123
Family Elder

Post by bruce123 »

jay123 wrote:Last I talked with him (last may) he was leaning towards going right to the 'gold standard' of the venogram as the first step, that the doppler wasn't needed.
I totally agree. The doppler before and after are good so that doctors can learn from them, but they don't help the patient and they don't impact the treatment. It seems to be a waste of $400.
belsadie
Family Elder

Post by belsadie »

I was treated in July. MRV first[ at his office area in Latham]. consult with Doctor Siskin when he went over the actual CD of the MRV with me.(THAT was weird) returned in a month for angioplasty [completed in 2 hours}and done at Albany Med Center. I remained in Albany hotel, overnight and then went home next day. 3 months later I returned to Latham for unltrasound. I am to see him again in April.... Sounds like things have changed.... good Luck
DrCumming
Family Elder

Post by DrCumming »

bruce123 wrote:
jay123 wrote:Last I talked with him (last may) he was leaning towards going right to the 'gold standard' of the venogram as the first step, that the doppler wasn't needed.
I totally agree. The doppler before and after are good so that doctors can learn from them, but they don't help the patient and they don't impact the treatment. It seems to be a waste of $400.
While the doppler doesn't necessarily exclude CCSVI, it does give me an idea of what the veins look like and how they are functioning. It is also useful in follow up. For those travelling long distances to be treated, it might be of less value if you are not returning for follow up care.
scotland
Family Member

Post by scotland »

Hi
I was there in November on the 15th.
Dr Mandato did mrv and angio on day one, Had ultrasound and
met with Dr Siskin the next. I had faxed down my Barrie ultasound for them before hand. I went from 5 ccsvi criteria to two.
So far so good
Scotland
strongshoulder

Post by strongshoulder »

Has Dr. Siskin and his group changed their treatment as they've ventured forward with this? Does anyone know if the numbers are still 1/3, 1/3, 1/3?

I would just hope that his group (and any doctor who has already embarked on treating CCSVI) continually changes/modifies as they learn.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”