Day after Procedure

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Day after Procedure

Post by thornyrose76 »

A question for those that have had the procedure: What physical condition are you in and how did you feel the day after the priocedure?

I'm in a wheelchair 24-7 and am wondering about travel time. I am planning to fly home the day after the procedure. I am wondering how I will feel the day after the procedure, so I am curious how others felt the day after the procedure?
newlywed4ever
Family Elder

Post by newlywed4ever »

Thornyrose 76 - I flew home the day after procedure and felt great both physically & mentally. However, I am now going for angio #2 (probably restenosis) and am remaining nearby the facility for 4 days post procedure per Dr. recommendations. I wish you positive results!
NotFound
Family Elder

Post by NotFound »

I did not fell "great" after the procedure but well enough to fly. Though I am not in a wheelchair.
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

first i wish you the very best results possible. do you know what type of blood thinners etc. they are useing? if possible stick around awhile. all of us seem to be different. i think most docs are adviseing that.
CD
Family Elder

Post by CD »

Hi Thornyrose,
I think it depends on how much work they end up doing on you. If you are a simple case, with no complications, stents or special drugs, then you will not feel much except a little sore in the areas worked on.

But if you end up with stents and blood thinners, anticoagulant shots, you may feel tired or even wiped out. I hope you have someone with you on the trip both ways. If they do a lot of work, stay an extra day or two if you can afford it, it makes a difference, in your recovery too. JMO

Good Luck to you and a speedy recovery with tons of improvements.
CD
EJC
Family Elder

Post by EJC »

Emma had both Jugs and the azygos ballooned - she was exhausted the following day, spent most of it relaxing.

If you can allow a days rest before travel you'll appreciate it.
Coolcatcarrie
Family Member

Post by Coolcatcarrie »

I had both jugs and azy ballooned and felt zonked the day after, I am not effected by tiredness with ms but Its a lot for ur little body to take - ide advise an extra day chilling there and room service! :-)
soapdiva884
Family Elder

Post by soapdiva884 »

My BF is not wheelchair dependant yet, but he uses a cane all the time. He was exhausted for a few days after the proc. We actually stayed for 3 days after the proc. I would advise as the others above me to try to stay for at least a day or two after the proc. Good luck to you!
Boyfriend dx'd 6-6-06!!! RRMS............CCSVI procedure done on Nov. 13, 2010 and March 7, 2011 by Dr. Sclafani!
Ali888
Family Member

Post by Ali888 »

I had the procedure on a Friday morning and flew on Sunday. If I were you, I would allow myself a few extra days. I would not have felt up to flying on the Saturday. I required a lot of medication during the procedure and was tired and "out of it" the next day.

Best of luck!
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

Hello. I'm in a wheelchair too, I had the procedure to treat CCSVI about seven weeks ago.

I felt fine the following day, it just so happened that I had a train ticket booked three days after it happened and a flight four, but I could have travelled that following day no problem.

I have a thrombosis on one side but, despite this I have felt real improvement. Quite a few symptoms have either cleared up or eased. The stiffness in my legs, the clonus and leg spasms have improved lots.

Good luck!

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”