BNAC now offers Venous Doppler testing for $675

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
SaintLouis
Family Elder

BNAC now offers Venous Doppler testing for $675

Post by SaintLouis »

I received this in an email:

BNAC announces

Cerebral Venous Doppler Testing

Chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency (CCSVI) research is still in the initial stages.

At this time, the association between CCSVI and multiple sclerosis (MS) is undetermined, and it is not clear whether treating CCSVI has an impact on MS. Recent studies suggest that not all patients with MS present with CCSVI, and that CCSVI can be seen in healthy individuals and patients with other neurological diseases. Nevertheless, many MS patients want to know their CCSVI status.

In response to requests, patients can now be tested at Buffalo Neuroimaging Analysis Center (BNAC) for CCSVI by one of our registered vascular technologists (RVT).

Patients will have a Doppler examination of the extracranial and intracranial veins performed by a member of the BNAC RVT team, trained in the Zamboni research protocol. Recent BNAC studies indicate that the non-invasive Doppler ultrasound approach is preferable for initial diagnosis and for follow-up purposes. It is therefore safer while yielding results similar to invasive venography and can be therefore recommended for initial screening purposes.

Testing is available Monday to Thursday

Evening hours are available

Patients will be informed of the results at the conclusion of the exam

A written report will be mailed or faxed within two business days

Cost: $675

BNAC EXPERTISE

BNAC has performed over 1,500 cerebral venous Doppler exams as part of IRB approved clinical studies with published results or results in press..

Our team is uniquely qualified to assess CCSVI based on their extensive experience in this new vascular Doppler imaging technique.

BNAC is one of only two CCSVI Doppler training centers in the world.

Having analyzed 100,000 Doppler images, we offer this service based on our ability to identify venous anomalies.

Still have questions, click here for FAQ section.

Click here for links to BNAC research related to CCSVI and Multiple Sclerosis.

If you are considering CCSVI Doppler testing, click here to schedule an appointment.

Christina Brooks
Project Coordinator
Buffalo Neuroimaging Analysis Center (BNAC)
100 High Street
Buffalo, New York 14203
716-859-7669 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 716-859-7669 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Post by thornyrose76 »

I see what they are saying in regards to CCSVI, however why is that those who have MS, found to have CCSVI, then have the venoplasty improve? Case in point Denise Manley? :?
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

This is great news.

And worth every cent .

This is the '' Tipping Point '' that I've waited for.

:idea: Sell the lawnmower ..... rakes and clippers .... and get this

all -important step done ......... :wink:

Mr. Success
pairOdime
Family Elder

Post by pairOdime »

Here is the link for the BNAC site concerning the doppler testing service.

http://www.bnac.net/?page_id=648

BNAC notes..."In order to be considered for CCSVI Doppler testing, you must first accept BNAC consent form before you can fill out a clinical questionnaire and request an appointment."
It's a paradigm shift
jackiejay
Family Elder

Post by jackiejay »

price might be a tad high....CCSVI testing done in Ontario for $250.00.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

It reminds me of last spring, when BNAC offered MRVs at the cost of $4500, which seemed better spent if it was going toward the procedure, nto just the testing.

But, grumbles aside, BNAC has experience and I'd have confidence in the results obtained there.
garyak
Family Elder

Post by garyak »

I had dopper there in Aug and it showed only reflux while laying down and said I didnt have ccsvi ( not enough critiria ) but subsequent catheter venogram with PTA confirmed stenoses which was treated. Doppler has it's limits IMO.
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

well .......... we've gone from not having anyone offering this procedure ...... to what we have today ....

the price seems reasonable ........ and you cannot possibly get a better place to begin your CCSVI journey ...... to good health .

The more pwMS that allow BNAC and Dr.s Zivadov and B-W to test and evaluate them ....... will greatly aid ...... in getting this treatment accepted or rejected ....... sooner than later.

I endorse this invitation .

It's what everyone has been waiting for ............

Mr. Success
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

CCSVI may interfere with the normal venous outflow of the brain, resulting in backpressure within, and deposits of iron around, cerebral vessels. The venous anomalies can be detected using either non-invasive or invasive techniques. Non-invasive techniques include Doppler ultrasound studies of the venous drainage system and magnetic resonance venography, whereas invasive techniques include injection of dye into vessels (catheter venography). Recent studies performed by our group suggest that the non-invasive Doppler ultrasound approach is preferable for initial diagnosis and follow-up purposes, because it is safer and yields results similar to those of the invasive venography studies.
http://vovici.com/wsb.dll/s/8727g48d3d

Is that accurate? We keep hearing that pressure is not the issue.
eric593
Family Elder

Post by eric593 »

jackiejay wrote:price might be a tad high....CCSVI testing done in Ontario for $250.00.
Yes, disappointing to see more price gouging. False Creek at $500, the Arizona doppler people coming up to Seattle to test people charging even more than that. Yet Ontario let's us know what a reasonable price really is.

And here's BNAC charging well in excess now too.

I guess it's not just Big Pharma out to make as big a profit off of us as possible. I had really hoped CCSVI would introduce less greedy, more compassionate care. Looks like we're not going to get a break from BNAC.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

CCSVI Atlanta charges $550.
http://ccsvi-atlanta.org/faq/

BNAC's price isn't unreasonable.
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

BNAC is one of only two CCSVI Doppler training centers in the world

That is why you may benefit from BNAC examining you .

Get over the cost . It is justified.

Mr. Success
eric593
Family Elder

Post by eric593 »

MrSuccess wrote:BNAC is one of only two CCSVI Doppler training centers in the world

That is why you may benefit from BNAC examining you .

Get over the cost . It is justified.

Mr. Success
That's really interesting considering many of the US u/s techs have come up to Canada for training in Ontario by the Cdn techs who were trained in Italy. It seems that Canada has become a training center itself.

Where it costs $250 per doppler screening to the public. Yet the Cdn-trained techs are returning to the US where the facilities are charging much much more than the Italian-trained Cdn techs. I wonder why the US techs are coming to Canada instead of training at BNAC...

I don't work nor have insurance to cover testing or treatment much less travel/hotel costs. Maybe it seems more reasonable to pay more than double the lowest price (where quality is high) if you aren't paying out of your own pocket. Cece, I know you are postponing your own treatment so you won't have to pay out of your own pocket, maybe that influences what you consider "reasonable", what the cost to you out of pocket of testing/treatment is.

You seem to take issue with treatment facilities that are charging double or more than the "going rate" and caution people about them. Not sure why this being 2.5x the lowest rate and much more than elsewhere is still "reasonable" to you though. I think Albany charges $400.

Mr. Success - please don't direct me to "get over the cost". We are each entitled to our opinion, that is what discussion is all about. You may disagree wth me but you can't stifle me. I STILL think $675 is outrageous given that they are being done for $250 elsewhere and the quality is excellent. Charging so much more feels like they are taking advantage of us to turn as large a profit as possible. I hope people will complain or refuse to go there so the prices come down to something more reasonable.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

well...now we can better understand the context of Dr. Zivadinov's recently published negative MRV research. They are obviously proponents of doppler US to detect CCSVI. Looking forward to BNAC's treatment study.
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
shoetree

Post by shoetree »

Aren't the dopple test pointless especially for Canadians since there isn't anyone qualified to read the results.
Most leave these centres with CD in hand and noone to report.