calling Zamboni's original patients

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
scorpion
Family Elder

calling Zamboni's original patients

Post by scorpion »

Has Dr. Zamboni released ANY updates recently about his original patients?? I am just wondering how the 73% of people who were FREE from MS symptoms two years after surgery are doing now. I have a suggestion!!! How about Dr. Zamboni asks his original patients if they would be interested in getting together for a reunion(I guess it is about 3-4 years since their surgery?) and show the rest of the world how the groups progression of MS has differed from our progression(those who did not get the procedure). I would assume most of his original patients would be happy to share with the rest of us the improvements they have experienced since their procedure. Just a simple reunion but if that is not possible a simple update would be nice...
MarkW
Family Elder

Sting in tail

Post by MarkW »

Beware of the potential sting in the tail from Scorpion's ideas and posts.

MarkW
Mark Walker - Oxfordshire, England. Retired Industrial Pharmacist. 24 years of study about MS.
CCSVI Comments:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/8359854/MS-experts-in-Britain-have-to-open-their-minds.html
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

He gave an update on them at ISET....
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

Yeah great idea, maybe we can get Geraldo Rivera to cover it.

I think Dr. Zamboni prefers to make his case with published research in peer reviewed journals.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

Lyon wrote:ISET must be a peer reviewed jounal??
Did you miss where I said "prefers?" "Prefers" means "tends to choose" not "exclusively chooses."

You're welcome.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
scorpion
Family Elder

Post by scorpion »

Cece wrote:He gave an update on them at ISET....
Can you link me to it? I see that he spoke but I can not find any information on his original patients.
wobbly
Family Member

Post by wobbly »

just past the 2 yr pt that i went 2 italy / didnt get much better didnt get much worse / but will say ready 2 have it done again/ stay strong all-peace :lol: :lol:
drsclafani
Family Elder

Re: calling Zamboni's original patients

Post by drsclafani »

scorpion wrote:Has Dr. Zamboni released ANY updates recently about his original patients?? I am just wondering how the 73% of people who were FREE from MS symptoms two years after surgery are doing now. I have a suggestion!!! How about Dr. Zamboni asks his original patients if they would be interested in getting together for a reunion(I guess it is about 3-4 years since their surgery?) and show the rest of the world how the groups progression of MS has differed from our progression(those who did not get the procedure). I would assume most of his original patients would be happy to share with the rest of us the improvements they have experienced since their procedure. Just a simple reunion but if that is not possible a simple update would be nice...
scorp
while he hasnt published it yet, he has shared with his colleagues, as he does, followup outcomes showing improvements continuing after 2nd and 3rd angioplasties.
but we will have to wait for his publications which he h as always done
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

Lyon wrote:
Rokkit wrote:
Lyon wrote:ISET must be a peer reviewed jounal??
Did you miss where I said "prefers?" "Prefers" means "tends to choose" not "exclusively chooses."

You're welcome.
So what if anything did you mean and why did you waste your time writing it?

I prefer to drive a new Bentley but it's quite a bit more accurate to say that I drive an 18 year old Subaru.
lyon, we all know that data takes time to reach press. dr zamboni shared data prepublication. that does not diminish the quality of his research, the transparency of his ideas and data or his integrity
scorpion
Family Elder

Re: calling Zamboni's original patients

Post by scorpion »

drsclafani wrote:
scorpion wrote:Has Dr. Zamboni released ANY updates recently about his original patients?? I am just wondering how the 73% of people who were FREE from MS symptoms two years after surgery are doing now. I have a suggestion!!! How about Dr. Zamboni asks his original patients if they would be interested in getting together for a reunion(I guess it is about 3-4 years since their surgery?) and show the rest of the world how the groups progression of MS has differed from our progression(those who did not get the procedure). I would assume most of his original patients would be happy to share with the rest of us the improvements they have experienced since their procedure. Just a simple reunion but if that is not possible a simple update would be nice...
scorp
while he hasnt published it yet, he has shared with his colleagues, as he does, followup outcomes showing improvements continuing after 2nd and 3rd angioplasties.
but we will have to wait for his publications which he h as always done
8O. Second and third angioplasties? I am the first to admit that I do not keep up with the latest CCSVI news but is getting numerous angioplasty procedures becoming common? I look forward to seeing and hearing Zamboni's data and the way in which he compiled and analyzed it. One thing I keep coming across is people claiming any improvement or even "lack of progression" is due to the procedure itself. Remember MS symptoms come and they go in many people so without long term follow up no one can determine if the procedure was responsible for the lack of progression/improvements or if it was just the natural course of a patients MS.

Wobbly the statement you made confuses me. If you were "liberated" and nothing changed why would you want to go through it again?
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Post by thornyrose76 »

SPMS symptoms don't come and go, they just come, and come.
wobbly
Family Member

Post by wobbly »

i was part of the 1st 4 americans 2 go / now the study has ended so i really dont no status of my veins i m betting i have re-stenosed 2 some degree hence the comments abt 2 and 3 times it could be and i did pick this up from the full dr team that repeat procedures r very likely 2 be needed as i said also not really worse/ STAY STRONG ALL :) :) :)
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Thanks, wobbly, for sharing that. However did you get into Dr. Zamboni's study in the first place? You were ahead of the game!