do we vote Liberal?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

I suppose it depends on what you mean by liberal. In the US there are many liberals who would like to see a Canadian style health care system created here. But under our current health care system you can get treatment for CCSVI. Under the Canadian health care system you can't, not even if you pay for it yourself.
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

Doodles wrote:I think MS sufferers in Canada should take a very careful look at the MPs who have supported us regardless of party affiliation. MS sufferers are being discriminated against and if we allow that discrimination to continue with us who is next? This is not just an argument about MS sufferers, it is an argument about discrimination, about the violation of basic human rights and that transcends MS sufferers. We are the target now but I ask again, who will be next if we don't win our battle?
I agree, and ask again ..Is there a list of MP's who attended any of Dr. Duncan's sessions?
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Post by thornyrose76 »

Voting your conscience is great but the issue is a matter of practicality and Ignatieff is on record stating that he would support funding clinical trials. If you want this here, vote Liberal- otherwise fundraise or use all your life savings to get proper treatment STATESIDE! That's the reality!
nicknewf
Family Member

Vote Liberal

Post by nicknewf »

Bias declared - I am a lifelong supporter of the Liberal party.

The current government simply does not care about this issue; they have had a chance to do something - and some of their own party members have come out in favour of doing something - but they haven't. Their choice of minister shows a disdain for role of the federal government of healthcare.

It is statistically impossible for the NDP to win enough of the swing ridings to even form a minority government - but this is not to say that the Liberals and NDP could not theoretically form a coalition government if they take all the swing ridings up for grabs. In fact, it is very unlikely that the Liberals could form a majority without the complete collapse of the NDP given how the vote is split in Canada.

If you happen to live in the swing ridings noted here - http://www.electionprediction.org/2009_fed/index.php - consider placing a strategic vote to support the most likely candidate to beat the conservative incumbent. Or to prevent a split between the Liberals and NDP (my preference would be Liberal of course as noted above - but my actual MP is a very popular NDP candidate and I will vote strategically if need be).

Best of luck to all; and let's hope that who ever gets in, takes a long hard look at this file and does the right thing finally.

IMHO
jackiejay
Family Elder

Post by jackiejay »

I did not realize the MS society had written to all MPPs advising them not to fund clinical trials....how depressing is that!...I just heard one of their ads for the MS walk..."we will end MS"..hippocrites...also how do you get the College of Physicians and Surgeons to recognize CCSVI?....do we write letters to them or get your doctor to do this....assuming you have one that thinks outside the box.
Doodles
Family Member

Post by Doodles »

I don't think a doctor would write to the College of Physicians and Surgeons but individuals can and should and perhaps include the link to the studies presented at the ISNVD conference in Italy (www.isnvdannualmeeting.org/press-area.html). The results presented are amazing and deserve extensive coverage everywhere.
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

Doodles wrote:I don't think a doctor would write to the College of Physicians and Surgeons but individuals can and should and perhaps include the link to the studies presented at the ISNVD conference in Italy (www.isnvdannualmeeting.org/press-area.html). The results presented are amazing and deserve extensive coverage everywhere.
Contact info..

1. College of Physicians and Surgeons of B.C.
Tel: (604) 733-7758
Fax: (604) 733-3503

2. College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
Tel: (780) 423-4764
Fax: (780) 420-0651
E-mail: info@cpsa.ab.caThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

3. The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
Tel: (416) 967-2626
Fax: (416) 961-3330
E-mail: feedback@cpso.on.caThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

4. The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba
Tel: (204) 774-4344
Fax: (204) 774-0750
E-mail: cpsm@cpsm.mb.caThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

5. Collège des médecins du Québec
Tel: (514) 933-4441
Fax: (514) 933-3112
E-mail: info@cmq.orgThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

6. College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick
Tel: (506) 849-5050
Fax: (506) 849-5069
E-mail: info@cpsnb.orgThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

7. College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia

8. College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador
Tel: (709) 726-8546
Fax: (709) 726-4725
E-mail: cpsnl@cpsnl.caThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

9. The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan
Tel: (306) 244-7355
Fax: (306) 244-0090
E-mail: cpss@quadrant.netThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

10. Nunavut Health and Social Services

11. Yukon Health and Social Services
Tel: (867) 667-3673
Fax: (867) 667-3096
E-mail: hss@gov.yk.caThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

12. Northwest Territories Medical Association
Tel and Fax: (867) 920-4575
E-mail: nwtmedassoc@ssimicro.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

13. The College of Physicians and Surgeons of P.E.I.
Tel: (902) 566-3861
mavis
Family Member

Post by mavis »

I am voting for Liberals for sure (it wouldn't be something new for me anyway).
fiddler
Family Elder

Vote

Post by fiddler »

I prefer to vote for the local candidate and not just on one issue, but for me there is already a lot to dislike about this current government (ethics, democratic deficiency, etc)... their attitude towards us is just the icing on the cake. In the latest news, it seems that the latest funding they are promising to `study MS` may be going to the Canadian Network of MS Clinics, and that organization is basically warning people not to do anything about CCSVI (but does promote lots of new drugs). When you click on the Contact Us button for the Network, you get the contact info for our dear friend Dr. Freedman!

So, Dr. Freedman and the Harper regime... a marriage made in h... (you can type in the missing letters) for MSers.
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com
Blaze
Family Elder

Post by Blaze »

Well, it's official. Canadians will be going to the polls in May.

Sounds like it will be a very nasty election on several fronts.
mavis
Family Member

Post by mavis »

And fingers are getting itchy already :)
1eye
Family Elder

Vote Liberal

Post by 1eye »

Do we vote Liberal?

Yes. Next question?
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
Blaze
Family Elder

Post by Blaze »

Let's make a difference on May 2!
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

Liberals - Dr Kirsty Duncan

Conservatives - Dr Mark Freedman & Dr Anthony Traboulsee

The choice is clear.

Yes, Dr Duncan can still be elected in her riding. She will have a seat in parliament but a Liberal win would put the wind in her sails.

Vote LIBERAL!!!
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

Check this out... http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadav ... tecompass/

Great tool. You might be surprised. Once you've completed the questionaire you can compare your answers to the various party's opinions by clicking the 'your position per statement' tab in the results section.

p.s. Vote LIBERAL!! :)
Dr. Michael Ignatieff, Leader of the Liberal Party in Canada , has stated publicly (e.g., in an interview with the Globe and Mail, 16 December 2010) that a Liberal Government would launch clinical trials that include testing of and treatment for CCSVI in MS sufferers.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”