Is this a good idea?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
greenmtns
Getting to Know You...

Is this a good idea?

Post by greenmtns »

Could there be some sticky's that have 6 month-12 month-18 month-24+month after CCSVI surgery. That way we could see how people progress through each of the time periods and see the results. Maybe alot of people that are doing good or bad might change through the period of time. Sort of long term effects type thing.

Just kind of thinking out loud is all. I know I am new here but it seemed like it would be helpful in order to make an informed dicesion.
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

greenmtns
Getting to Know You...

Post by greenmtns »

It kind of helps me. I like testimonials my self.
fiddler
Family Elder

Testimonials versus numbers

Post by fiddler »

Testimonials are interesting, but there are a lot of them and it's easy to be led astray by stories that are more dramatic or story-tellers that tell their tales with more conviction. It's better to analyze the numbers on http://www.ccsvi-tracking.com because, even though these are self-reported and only account for about 5% of people treated worldwide, they are some of the best aggregate data we have, so far, about the impacts of CCSVI treatment.
...Ted
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com
greenmtns
Getting to Know You...

Post by greenmtns »

That is true and makes sense.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I have some difficulty reading the tracking thread, I find testimonials to be easier to follow.
fiddler
Family Elder

Tracking thread

Post by fiddler »

Yes, I haven't read (or posted to) the tracking thread in months. But I do check the statistics on http://www.ccsvi-tracking.com pretty well every day. For the last few months the overall results have held quite steady: over 2/3 of people treated are seeing marked improvements (especially in fatigue, but in other symptoms as well), while most of the remaining 1/3 are seeing no change. Before I was treated, I tried not to hope for more than no change, so the improvements I've seen have been a big bonus.

Now that we have so many treated (13,000?) I find the stats on the tracking site the best way to keep up. The timeline graphs seems to show that people are generally reporting stabilization of their improvements into 10 months (which is as far as that graph goes, to date), so that is also heartening.
...Ted
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com