Montel's announcement

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

The goal is to have the CCSVI liberation [ yeah ... I like that name ... sue me ] procedure to cost out at under $ 2000 bucks. This makes repeat treatment affordable to most people .

Hopefully ..... your health insurance will cover this.

But the reality is ........ the Procedure is very expensive ...... and when you double or triple it ......... - gulp - ........ and then continued DMD's use........ and worst case scenerio ......... complications [ Radek] ......

This is why Big Insurance ..... is sitting this out ....... for now.

But now for the good news.

There are many " well heeled" pwMS out there. Montel is one.

Let's give these people credit for stepping up and essentialy funding the good work of our pioneer CCSVI doctor's.

More good news. The second mouse alway's get's the cheese ...... :idea:

If you know what I mean :wink:

Mr.Success
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

MrSuccess wrote: [ yeah ... I like that name ... sue me ]
I didn't like it, then I was liberated, and now I like it. It's apt. I don't use it much though because I can understand those who don't like it.
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Montel put up his new Facebook page this past week that is for his ms foundation. It seems to me that he'll actively fundraise and money will be available for Ccsvi research. It's what is needed, and in the US it's too quiet on new study announcements.

I wouldn't doubt Montel hawks his procedure until he needs a 'touch up' but hopefully there will be a positive aspect for the greater good and not just 'all Montel all the time'.
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

Montel Williams
A BIG THANKS to Dr. Oz and his team who have chronicled my procedure and will continue to follow me until we reveal the information to you this fall on is show.
9 hours ago · Like · Comment
Montel Williams
I am so touched with all the well wishes- I have had a headache all day- however that is to be expected. I am just recouping and my wife is taking good care of me.
http://www.facebook.com/MontelWilliamsFan
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

MrSuccess wrote:More good news. The second mouse alway's get's the cheese ...... :idea:
Mr.Success
research research research ;)
mavis
Family Member

Post by mavis »

PCakes wrote:
Montel Williams
A BIG THANKS to Dr. Oz and his team who have chronicled my procedure and will continue to follow me until we reveal the information to you this fall on is show.
I love Dr. Oz. He always talks about the natural remedies first - for any condition.

I think it will be a good show to watch.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I don't know much about the Dr. Oz show. Does it have a good-size following? Is it on cable or regular broadcast channels? Is it an hour-long show?
nellie
Family Elder

Post by nellie »

Dr. Oz is on here in Mpls. at 3pm channel 11. It's an hr. long.
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

Cece wrote:I don't know much about the Dr. Oz show. Does it have a good-size following? Is it on cable or regular broadcast channels? Is it an hour-long show?
Regular broadcast channel..HUGE following.. Dr Oz was a regular on Oprah as a health expert, from there he launched his own show.. he's a pretty sensible guy.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Huge following! That is exciting.

I found this just now, it's clips from when Montel was on Dr. Oz's show two years ago. Haven't watched it yet but I will.

http://www.oprah.com/showinfo/Dr-Oz-Aft ... Williams_1
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Cece wrote:Huge following! That is exciting.

I found this just now, it's clips from when Montel was on Dr. Oz's show two years ago. Haven't watched it yet but I will.

What a surprise for me - we can even watch Dr. Oz's show in Slovakia! Only older shows of course.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

ErikaSlovakia wrote:
Cece wrote:Huge following! That is exciting.

What a surprise for me - we can even watch Dr. Oz's show in Slovakia! Only older shows of course.
Erika
Always good to see you here Erika. Hopefully this will be available online too. Dr. Oz is a great show. :)

Mark
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
LDNAwareAdvocate
Getting to Know You...

So who did Montel go to?

Post by LDNAwareAdvocate »

Did Montel have the procedure at Stanford with Dr. Dake like I've heard? If so, when did Dake get approval to start up the procedure again? When my local ABC news channel did a story on Sammy Jo, Stanford would not allow Dake to go on camera for an interview, even though the reporter was an alumnus of the university and had connections. They were also told the procedures were stopped until trials could be established.

I'm on the list for the trials. Has anyone heard whether or not they will be starting soon? Dake's assistant emailed me two months ago for additional information. I sent her back the info and asked for an ETA...never heard back from her. I'm getting a little frustrated, to say the least. I don’t know if Dake or his assistant knows I’m the one who got the story aired about CCSVI for the first time in the US, but I think it would be nice to be included in the study for that reason, as well as the fact that I’m local. Plus, I’m feeling desperate; I just found out I have additional lesions on the brainstem, including a new one on the anterior medulla. That one scares me because it controls the autonomic nervous system. I’m already having cardiac arrhythmias that I fear is related to the lesion. I know this area correlates to the CCSVI theory. Any information you guys have, I would greatly appreciate! :D

Sherri
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Dr. Dake didn't do Montel's procedure. He did his first group of about 40 from April-Nov. 2009 and was shut down. His study is funded and approved but also wonder why it is taking so long to commence.
LDNAwareAdvocate
Getting to Know You...

Post by LDNAwareAdvocate »

Thanks, Bestadmom! :)

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”