Montel's announcement

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

I don't like where this is going .....

This is not show business ....... this is science .

How many times do CCSVI people have to get burnt ...... when involving the media or media people ?

Mr. Success
Donnchadh
Family Elder

Post by Donnchadh »

What upsets me is that Montel is setting himself up as the "spokesman" for CCSVI....excuse me, but I don't remember voting him in for that.

He should be considered as just another MS'er being treated and, hopefully, receiving some relief from CCSVI.

What is he going to do, become a paid spokesman for a line of clinics?

Donnchadh
Kitty says, "Take that, you stenosis!"

Got MS?.....Get Liberated!
drsclafani
Family Elder

Re: montel

Post by drsclafani »

zinamaria wrote:I just wish Montel would use the word 'spokes person' rather than 'guinea pig' in the context of CCSVI. He is no guinea pig as that would imply experimental, and although CCSVI sure has a lot of research that is needed, he is certainly on among thousands and not the first.
He loves to talk and this is why he is out there as a personality, so I really do hope he experiences postive changes with the procedure, because in that way he would represent so many of us.

It is clear that he suffers and I wish him improved health, as with any and all who suffer from MS (and other problems as well).

Isn't Sclafani using stents now?
it was only a matter of time before i did. All but two are in patients who have already had stents placed by others. I prefer not to place stents in the jugular vein. I consider it only in patients who fail angioplasty twice or whose high grade stenoses cannot be kept open by balloon angioplasty.

i am glad that is out of the way....as Dr Zamboni has found out....having a 100% on anything makes you not credible to some.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

No-one owns this treatment; neither Montel or us. Many people with MS have yet to hear of it, so Montel may bring it to their attention as a treatment option worth investigating.

You also have to keep this in perspective, Montel is basically a nobody outside of the US, and is probably not even that influential in many parts of the US.

What we would of done for any publicity 2-3 years ago...
joge
Family Elder

Post by joge »

CureOrBust wrote:Montel is basically a nobody outside of the US
Montel, Montel, ...

Isn't that a couch?

http://www.montel.nl/ :wink:
I'm ready, I'm ready !
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

this thread clearly illustrates the need for some leadership in regard to CCSVI dissemination of information.

We have Dr. Zamboni , of course.

Mr.Success would firmly endorse the neurologist , Dr. Hubbard as his logical choice . Calm , well-spoken , prefers facts over anecdotal evidence.

The last thing CCSVI needs is someone in search of higher network ratings ........ being front and center.

Never met Montel ..... I'm sure he is first class ...... but he needs to back out gracefully from the spotlight ...... and let our scientific medical professionals handle the CCSVI story .

A gentle reminder to TIMS members ............ contacting the media and giving them the CCSVI message ......... has consistently back fired ..... and biten several very bright and informed CCSVI believers ..... in the ass

Have we not learned ? :twisted:

Mr. Success
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

He has said he is getting treated in the next week (before the end of June). Sure, it could go wrong, but I am convinced of the merits of CCSVI treatment and if he is getting treated by one of the best, then I think it is more likely to go well. Maybe it's just me :) but I think CCSVI is exciting enough that everyone should know about it, and they don't yet, outside of Canada.
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

yes .... but not this way.

Mr. Success
Donnchadh
Family Elder

Post by Donnchadh »

The anti-CCSVI crowd already have their spokesman:

http://www.thisisms.com/ftopicp-158894.html#158894

if someone is indeed going to be the spokesman for CCSVI, they need to be above reproach.

Donnchadh
Kitty says, "Take that, you stenosis!"

Got MS?.....Get Liberated!
scorpion
Family Elder

Post by scorpion »

Donnchadh wrote:The anti-CCSVI crowd already have their spokesman:

http://www.thisisms.com/ftopicp-158894.html#158894

if someone is indeed going to be the spokesman for CCSVI, they need to be above reproach.

Donnchadh
If CCSVI is ever proven to have anything to do with MS this scientific theory will not need a spokesperson. Anyway I thought Cheer was the CCSVI spokesperson??? Oh well i guess all's well that endothelials err I mean ends well.
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

LOL .... Mr. Success somehow missed it when posted !

Well done, Donn. Well done .

Dr. Kidd has a striking resemblance to Dr. Mark Freedman. :!:

I'm not kidding .

That p *%# k is the real anti-CCSVI spokesman.

Mr. Success
leetz
Family Elder

Everyone with negative vibes....

Post by leetz »

Chill out on Montel! Not for nothing but when he was not considering giving CCSVI a chance...well we wanted him too and now that he is there is so much bull going on...give the man a lil credit dang.......
GOD BLESS.... CCSVI treatment Dr. Siskin great doc....symptom's improved for about 3 week's (gait, balance, spasticity) now back to square 1...
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

What happen when he get the surgery and it doesn't work or loses any improvements in a few months or gets worse from the surgery.

What do you guys think about him getting upper cervical care and his improvements?
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

What do you guys think about him getting upper cervical care and his improvements?
I hadn't known about that but saw a video clip of him getting UCC. It's interesting. It worked for him and it ties into what we know about the neck's importance in MS.
carollevin
Family Member

What's the latest on Montel-Who is he going to for treatment

Post by carollevin »

I hear Montel is very close to his appointment now. Does anyone know which doctor he has chosen to perform his treatment and has he disclosed what his testing showed?

I can't find any details about this on his FB page or elsewhere.

Just curious.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”