Kathleen Lynch (klynch56)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
pklittle
Family Elder

Post by pklittle »

** bump **
Cooperville

Post by Cooperville »

This is what I know. She disappeared completely to protect another pwMS (me), even though she was getting hassled. Her FB page was hacked by Big Pharma. A blogger for Everyday Health defamed her. Teva Neuroscience called her after Biogen read her notes and contacted Teva. Novartis put her on their s**t list. The news about Serono's sealed court documents distressed her. She is currently very ill, but has kept quiet because when she went to major medical group (where I was treated on the down-low because of my mother's connections) to get her very painful stent checked out she discovered she was blacklisted. No one would see her. A nurse let it slip that they googled her. She took everything down. She's not doing well.
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Oh crap. I had a bad feeling because I called her and she didnt respond. Same with Danielle Rheaume. She reached out with no replies. I pray for her health. Please let her know.

Michelle, who she knows from Dr Sclafani's seminar last July, the Alliance
and Facebook.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I am very sorry to hear that she is ill and being hassled. :(
zap
Family Elder

Post by zap »

Cooperville wrote:This is what I know. She disappeared completely to protect another pwMS (me), even though she was getting hassled. Her FB page was hacked by Big Pharma. A blogger for Everyday Health defamed her. Teva Neuroscience called her after Biogen read her notes and contacted Teva. Novartis put her on their s**t list. The news about Serono's sealed court documents distressed her. She is currently very ill, but has kept quiet because when she went to major medical group (where I was treated on the down-low because of my mother's connections) to get her very painful stent checked out she discovered she was blacklisted. No one would see her. A nurse let it slip that they googled her. She took everything down. She's not doing well.
These statements require some support IMO.
MegansMom
Family Elder

Post by MegansMom »

Big Pharma is extremely powerful. They have money and power! And they do not like anyone who puts obstacles of any kind in their way of making their millions of dollars in profit. I do not believe there is anyway to stop them.

It is just awful that Kathleen has had to deal with their crap and deal with being ill too.

My thoughts and prayers are with Kathleen. I hope she knows she is cared about by many.
Cat (Catherine Somerville on FB)
MegansMom
My 35 yo daughter is newly dx 8/19/10 (had 12 symptoms)
Dx with Type A CCSVI- 1 IJV & double "candy wrapper" appearance of her Azygos
Venoplasty done Sept 21, 2010
Doing extremely well-
pklittle
Family Elder

Post by pklittle »

I am so sorry to hear this. I was hoping no news was good news. :cry:
EJC
Family Elder

Post by EJC »

zap wrote:
Cooperville wrote:This is what I know. She disappeared completely to protect another pwMS (me), even though she was getting hassled. Her FB page was hacked by Big Pharma. A blogger for Everyday Health defamed her. Teva Neuroscience called her after Biogen read her notes and contacted Teva. Novartis put her on their s**t list. The news about Serono's sealed court documents distressed her. She is currently very ill, but has kept quiet because when she went to major medical group (where I was treated on the down-low because of my mother's connections) to get her very painful stent checked out she discovered she was blacklisted. No one would see her. A nurse let it slip that they googled her. She took everything down. She's not doing well.
These statements require some support IMO.
What support do you think they require?
zap
Family Elder

Post by zap »

I don't know a lot about the person or the background, but some of the claims made in this seem wild to me, especially when coming from a new account with 1 post. Teva called her? "Big Pharma" hacked her facebook page? hmmm!!

If anyone else can vouch for this info or the source, I would be interested to hear more about it. Otherwise it smells like troll disinfo funtimes to me at this point ...
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

I can't vouch for the new poster but knowing some of the back stories, I would not be surprised. Kathleen's fb account was hacked, and there were definitely some conflicts with some pharma reps who she exposed on fb because she was involved in their online forum in which they incriminated themselves and their employers in some dishonest practices.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

This is really distressing. Kathleen was one woman who had a major impact from CCSVI treatment. It was so apparent because there was just a massive correlation. She'd feel great right after surgery. Then she'd start feeling awful and sure enough she'd restenosed. Well when that got fixed, she was golden again.

I sure hope she gets what she needs, her energy is just awesome whether you agree with everything she does or not. I saw a video of her in both a chair and dancing (after the procedure) so I know how much it means, for her health in particular, to have good flow.
pklittle
Family Elder

Post by pklittle »

Loobie, Kathleen was never in a wheelchair. In the infamous "Ellen" video you probably refer to, she sat in a chair given to her, to make a point so to speak.
She suffered from many symptoms for sure, which she described so well at last year's symposium. (I recall the video)
I don't get the statement from the newbie that she is blacklisted from a major med center when she went for help for a painful azygous stent. huh?
klynch56

from Kathleen

Post by klynch56 »

Thank you for your concern. This morning someone notified me of this thread and I was hesitant to respond. The last time I was notified that I was the subject of discussion on tims, someone was making snarky insinuations about the "commercial" nature of my association with a well-known doctor from another part of the world. It was an unpleasant experience to have my integrity challenged, but I was very heartened by the supportive posts that followed. Thank you for defending my integrity.

Six people (well, now many more) know of the situation posted on this thread. Unfortunately, all of the statements are true. Thank you for caring and I hope to let you all know more of the story when I am able to do so. I have come to love many of you in this movement and dropping off the radar was a very painful experience for me. Please know you were/are always in my heart.

I have unblocked my email account, so if you email me, I will receive it.

(Point of clarification: not that it matters, but I *was* in a wheelchair. My husband wanted me to accompany him on various outings, but I couldn't stand for longer than 90 seconds, so we would bring the wheelchair. I hated it, and rather than use it, I would stay home.)

Big love.

Peace,
Kathleen
rheaume76

Love and understanding for Kathleen

Post by rheaume76 »

Kathleen,

It is so good to hear from you! I rarely, if ever, go on TIMS, because of work and Facebook keeping me preoccupied... but your post was reason enough to snag my attention. I am so sorry that you are going through all of this.

Please know that I totally respect all of your decisions and why you had to withdraw. This is your life and you have to do what is right for your health and well-being. That should be priority #1.

I am sending you lots of love... When and if you need any support, I am here for you.

xx,
Danielle & ZuZu
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Kathleen,

I'm with Danielle! Anything you need, pls let me know. Be well.

Michelle

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”