Diarrhea and Post CCSVI procedure?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Gardenia
Family Member

Diarrhea and Post CCSVI procedure?

Post by Gardenia »

Hi everyone:

Has anyone experienced bouts of diarrhea or an issue with the bowel post procedure?I had the procedure in April and am in a wheelchair 24/7 since breaeking my leg nine years ago when I was 26. Usually I am constipated or have trouble going but around the beginning of June I started to get diarrhea... Now it seems to have leveled off, but there seems to be a change, and it's not meds either, I've cut back, with everything...
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

Hello Gardinia,

So, having the procedure did not help with the hand tremours, but induced diarrhea? Weird. Where were you treated, and by whom? What was done?
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Have you talked to your doctor? MS causes constipation due to a slowness of motility through the intestines. I don't know how CCSVI treatment would lead to diarrhea, but I wouldn't rule it out.

If your system is out of whack and you might benefit from medication from your doctor or probiotics or whatever is commonly done about long-term diarrhea. Fluid intake would be doubly important, because we need fluids to keep the jugulars flowing and diarrhea can cause dehydration.