DR TREVOR TUCKER PHD

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
dania
Family Elder

DR TREVOR TUCKER PHD

Post by dania »

SaintLouis
Family Elder

Post by SaintLouis »

Very interesting.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

here is his abstract from ISNVD: http://ccsvism.xoom.it/ISNVD/Other/Abstract-Tucker.pdf

and his post in Dr. Snyder's thread:
www.thisisms.com/ftopicp-171260.html#171260
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

SaintLouis wrote:Very interesting.
Isn't it! And not from a medical doctor. And, he is very easy to listen to.
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

Watching the videos I felt a great risk of dying by old age before reaching the end of the last video. The abstract Cece posted is much shorter and to the point.
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

I agree David. Try as I may ..... I found Trevor to be really hard to listen to. But that's not to say ... his presentation lacks any merit.

A common great weakness I see .....and I know it can be rectified is the very poor , more or less amateurish , CCSVI presentations.

What a difference Dr.Tucker's presentation would be .... if it was narrated by a professional voice. I found the graphics excellent.

Another example is a recent round table discussion of CCSVI research professionals . Again , the viewer has to intently follow the long view camera angle ...... and the audio is dreadful ..... a hand held microphone relayed back and forth ........ :roll:

The CCSVI message is great. The messengers are awesome.

I am confident someone here at TIMS ...... will step up ..... and take it to the next level .

I envision a professionaly packaged CCSVI presentation on the horizon.

Mr.Success
Habenoughyet
Family Member

Post by Habenoughyet »

Does it really matter who does the voice-over???

As long as the message transmitted is understood...

HEY
"Never argue with stupid people... They bring you down to they're level and beat you with experience"
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

in the video Dr. Tucker wrote:"Why apply Physics to Medicine?

* The flow of fluids is governed by the "Physics of Fluid Dynamics and blood is a fluid.

* However the analysis of blood flow in Multiple Sclerosis, based on fluid dynamics, has never been carried out.

* This presentation provides some evidence that the flow and pressure characteristics predicted by Fluid Dynamics match characteristics seen in Multiple Sclerosis."
Since ISVND and Dr. Clive Beggs' research, we are benefitting from the application of physics to creating a model to explain what is going on in us. If CCSVI is anything, it is multidisciplinary.

MrSuccess, I must disagree, I think his narration is professional and easy to follow. We will see slick narration in the fall when the Dr. Oz show follows Montel! That is more the "edutainment" way, here it is ok if it is education, minus the 'tainment.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

in the video Dr. Tucker wrote:"Presentation Breakdown"

* MS and venous blood reflux

* Pulsating fluid law in a tube with an obstruction
- Demonstrate several "Laws of Fluid Dynamics"
- Demonstrate areas of localized high pressure

* Discussion of blood flow through the brain's capillary bed
- Demonstrates localized high pressure areas can reduce the supply of oxygen and blood flow through the brain

* Description of the Blood Brain Barrier

* Impact of high presure areas (localized hypertension) on the Blood Brain Barrier and its potential relationship to MS
in the video Dr Tucker wrote:After more than 100 years of research, no agreed cause of MS has yet been identified.

However, the Physics of Fluid Dynamics has never been applied to the analysis of blood flow and vein obstructions.
at 9:25 in the first video he gets down to business, with "Pressure Pulses within a Tube"...
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Re: DR TREVOR TUCKER PHD

Post by MrSuccess »

I want to bump this up , after watching the Clive Begg's video that was just released.

I do hope Dr. Tucker and Dr. Begg's and any other fluid experts can join in on this thread.

As many here on TIMS may find the fluid research presented .... to be too complex to understand ...... I may be able to give a simpler explanation.

In hydraulics ...... you have either FLOW or PRESSURE. This is a basic fact.
As an example ..... a common garden hose ..... water is freely coming out of the end of the hose. This is FLOW. There is NO pressure.

Now place your finger over the end of the hose. You now have PRESSURE [ in fact the hose actually expands ] , but you DO NOT have flow.

In hydraulics FLOW is created by PRESSURE DIFFERENCES . The direction of flow is
determined by High pressure moving towards Low pressure . High pushes Low.

Always has .....always will.

Your heart is in fact - a diaphram hydraulic PUMP -. It's function is to force a fluid [ your blood ] into your arteries ...... and deliver a precious cargo of life giving nourishment into your organs. The brain being the one that the heart [pump] needs to pump UP. UP. UP.UP

Most everything else ..... is level ..... or below .....therefore the pump need not work as hard.

We KNOW as an established FACT ..... any disruption of blood flow INTO the brain , can be catastrophic. Stroke or death. There is not a doctor in the world that can deny this.

So our fluid pump does what it is supposed to do .... it moves a liquid [ our blood ] into our vital organs ...... using hoses ..... high pressure hoses ...... we call them arteries .

A simple hydraulic FACT is that in order for a fluid to move INTO - an area , some fluid already in that area ..... must move OUT. As an example : You want to take an elevator up . The elevator can only hold 10 people. If the door opens .... and there are already 10 people in it ....... you cannot enter . So you wait. It appears again ..... this time there is only 5 people in it . So you and 4 other people FLOW into the elevator.....and it moves again. The brain is the same way. There is a finite amount of room in the head for fluids.

You cannot have fluid come IN ......until ...... some fluid goes OUT.

This is where Dr. Zamboni comes in . He has discovered that the OUTFLOW has been compromised. In some cases , correcting this problem has resulted in as rapid response as the stopping of INFLOW. It stands to reason.

Now you are wondering ..... if the pump continues to pump ..... why does the head not continue to fill with blood ? The answer is .... as I said ...... the heart is a diaphram pump ..... and it will only push as much as it is allowed ....... and divert the fluid into other pathways.

This cannot be good for the heart ..... and therefore another good reason to proceed with CCSVI treatment. It should be covered by medical coverage ..... and needs to be done now.

Whomever is resisting this treatment ...... should be ashamed of themselves . The arteries are probably expanding more than is healthy . [ see garden hose example ]

Mr.Success
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

MrSuccess wrote:The arteries are probably expanding more than is healthy . [ see garden hose example ]
They would if it were a closed system from the heart directly to the brain. However, there are other pathways for the blood to travel and flow will likely follow the path of least resistance.

Researchers have been measuring reduced blood perfusion in the brains of MS patients for years. http://www.thisisms.com/forum/chronic-c ... ml#p158473
We have only recently started to elucidate why this might be the case.

NHE
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

They would if it were a closed system from the heart directly to the brain. However, there are other pathways for the blood to travel and flow will likely follow the path of least resistance.
Like making the feet swell up?
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

I did say ..... " and divert the fluid into other pathways " . In other words , the pump [ heart] will fill the neck artery to capacity ...... and when it meets resistance [ pressure] flow is then diverted into other pathways of least resistance .

Agreed. It is NOT a closed system. I said that.

This is also what happens on the "drain" side. When FLOW is stopped or reduced .... the fluid [blood] seeks an alternative path of least resistance ..... we call these "collateral" paths. We have read reports of clear evidence of this .

I hope to use this thread to illustrate the problem.

In the hydraulic world ..... there HAS to be a continuous LOOP .

Our body's are the same ...... we need CIRCULATION in order to function . And this is clearly not the case in CCSVI.

Ask any qualified mechanical engineer in the world ..... the importance of the RETURN side of any hydraulic system.

It's that simple.

Mr. Success
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

If I'm not mistaken, 1eye is an engineer....

For me the other pathways were the emissary veins, which are enlargened compared to normal, and the vertebral veins, and the azygous was even recruited to take some of this flow from the brain, which is an unusual route.

I don't think feet swelling is affected by this. If anything the venous return from the legs would have an easier time flowing back to the heart because the cerebrospinal drainage system would contribute less of the flow than it should.

Feet swelling in MS could be an autonomic dysfunction issue.
dlb
Family Elder

Post by dlb »

The fluid dynamics in my body since CCSVI procedure are a mystery to me! Much less swelling in my ankles/feet, perspiration - so i'm able to tolerate heat, obviously better blood circulation - warmth in my extremities. Lovin' it all!

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”