Has anyone applied to be a TED speaker?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
thisisalex
Family Elder

Post by thisisalex »

Joan (and Jeff) you have my vote :)
It would be really wonderful to see you at TED. Those speaches are immortal and do exactly what we need: raise attention

Alex
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

HappyPoet wrote:We need someone who is an excellent writer to officially nominate Joan and Jeff by filling out the TED Speaker Recommendation Form aka "Suggest a Speaker" form. This is a crucial step in getting the attention of the "speaker selection team."
Two of only six questions are "Have you heard this person speak publicly?" and "Describe this person's speaking style."

Bestadmom, you have heard Joan speak publicly?
Will you do the honors of filling out the nomination?
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Sure. I'll email you later
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Cece and bestadmom, thank you both! This is wonderful!

:)
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

I was writing and submitting my post at the same time as Joan was submitting hers, so I didn't see it in time. Anyway the woman I was referring to, Ceci, isn't she the one that published the CCSVI book? Well anyway it seems the voting so far is for cheerleader and I support that too. Joan, are you interested in hearing any suggested stories, facts, arguments, observations, pictures, etc? Or will you do the mining yourself, as I am sure you are best equipped to do anyway? If they ask you to speak, that is?
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

1eye wrote:I was writing and submitting my post at the same time as Joan was submitting hers, so I didn't see it in time. Anyway the woman I was referring to, Ceci, isn't she the one that published the CCSVI book?
Hey eye...Marie Rhodes wrote the book, was the 2nd treated at Stanford, she's a great public speaker, registered nurse and has MS. Whatever the Ted people are looking for, it's hard to know. It's not about votes....just compelling stories that catch the eye. She certainly has one!
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”