re: progressive MS not assoc, with CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Mathd
Family Member

re: progressive MS not assoc, with CCSVI

Post by Mathd »

I dont know why the previous topic was locked,

but from my point of view, the results of the study is complete bullshit!

I'm one of the lucky 10% with primary progressive, and I had procedure done 4 months ago. 3 veins blocked and my edss score has passed from 5.5 to 4, and it was assessed by my neurologist. Idont have major new improvment since but my legs are going stronger because now I have enough energy to train them, or to work in my yard.

I even restarted to do whitewater kayaking since the operation, and I'm carying my 35pounds boat by myself into trails. Before I wasnt capable to walk with a grocerybag on a floor, so walking with something heavy on steep hard ground is a major improvement...

Im just tired to hear negative study done in 4 months by some neuro that are not trained to look at veins...
its like calling an electrician to repear a leak in a pipe!
frodo
Family Elder

Re: re: progressive MS not assoc, with CCSVI

Post by frodo »

Mathd wrote:I dont know why the previous topic was locked,

but from my point of view, the results of the study is complete bullshit!

I'm one of the lucky 10% with primary progressive, and I had procedure done 4 months ago. 3 veins blocked and my edss score has passed from 5.5 to 4, and it was assessed by my neurologist. Idont have major new improvment since but my legs are going stronger because now I have enough energy to train them, or to work in my yard.

I even restarted to do whitewater kayaking since the operation, and I'm carying my 35pounds boat by myself into trails. Before I wasnt capable to walk with a grocerybag on a floor, so walking with something heavy on steep hard ground is a major improvement...

Im just tired to hear negative study done in 4 months by some neuro that are not trained to look at veins...
its like calling an electrician to repear a leak in a pipe!
Do you mean that you participated in the study and they counted you as a negative case?
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I didn't interpret what he said that way at all.
Mathd
Family Member

Post by Mathd »

no, i wasnt in that study...
but Im PPMS, so in the 10% of lucky people with PPMS(without drugs, treatments, hope)

anyway i'm in canada so I can wait a while before being on a study...
and the PPMS people are always excluded of trials, because we are not enough...
JCB
Family Elder

Post by JCB »

I'm with you Mathd. I also have a diagnosis of PPMS. I have seen some improvements that are noticeable by others. More alert (awake) especially in the morning. I sweat. Heat is still not my friend, but it is not debilatating. I can walk a mile+ non-stop.

There is more learning to do, but I am a believer.
MegansMom
Family Elder

Post by MegansMom »

If you think that this study is valid,you have not looked at the PPMS people on YouTube or on CCSVI tracker.

It's not a study but for these scientists to state as if their results are a fact is BS!

It was just a fact in this study.

It's not a fact it's a finding.
Cat (Catherine Somerville on FB)
MegansMom
My 35 yo daughter is newly dx 8/19/10 (had 12 symptoms)
Dx with Type A CCSVI- 1 IJV & double "candy wrapper" appearance of her Azygos
Venoplasty done Sept 21, 2010
Doing extremely well-