NEW! Dr.Zamboni video- lower EDSS at 3 years

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
cheerleader
Family Elder

NEW! Dr.Zamboni video- lower EDSS at 3 years

Post by cheerleader »

He discusses many new topics, including significant reduction of EDSS scores in patients after 3 years of treatment, and open vein surgery in non-responders to venoplasty.

http://www.veithsymposium.org/video2010/video12.html

and here's a quick video of my husband Jeff...out in 90 deg. heat in a black wool suit, on the red carpet in Venice. This would have been impossible before venoplasty. Jeff's life has changed, thanks to Dr. Zamboni's research. He continues to heal, no MS progression, no relapses, only improved energy and health, 2 and half years later.

cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
cheerleader
Family Elder

Re: NEW! Dr.Zamboni video- lower EDSS at 3 years

Post by cheerleader »

This is a new video of Dr. Zamboni....the man who discovered CCSVI.
He discusses the improvements of patients 3 years after treatment.
It's 5 minutes long, highly recommended.
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
Jugular
Family Elder

Post by Jugular »

cheerleader wrote:He discusses many new topics, including significant reduction of EDSS scores in patients after 3 years of treatment, and open vein surgery in non-responders to venoplasty.

http://www.veithsymposium.org/video2010/video12.html

and here's a quick video of my husband Jeff...out in 90 deg. heat in a black wool suit, on the red carpet in Venice. This would have been impossible before venoplasty. Jeff's life has changed, thanks to Dr. Zamboni's research. He continues to heal, no MS progression, no relapses, only improved energy and health, 2 and half years later.

cheer
Thanks Cheer. It is nice to hear from the man himself and that your husband is doing well. On a trip to San Diego recently I went for a 5 km walk without my AFO - something that would have been inconceivable 8 months ago before my angio. Indeed, in my pre-lib state a 25 ft walk without my AFO was pretty shaky business. This is thanks to Zamboni and thanks to you in large part for helping bring Zamboni into the spotlight.

Jeff is lucky to have you for a wife and we're lucky that Jeff has you for a wife.
CD
Family Elder

Post by CD »

Cheer, both you and your husband are amazing. You with the voice of an angel and Jeff with the sounds of one. I applaud both of you. Just had to mention this since I am so impressed.
TG, he is doing so well MS wise, and married to a strong woman to back him up. Kudos!
CD
Where there is a will, there is a way. "HOPE"

CCSVI Procedure December 2010
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

thanks, Jugular and CD.
Glad to hear you're doing well, jugs...walking, moving.
I'm so proud of Jeff. He's been working hard to maintain good flow, using everything he can. Great diet, exercise, lifestyle and attitude. And regular follow up with his IR. He still has MS, and some days are better than others, but his lack of progression and healing inspires me to spread the word.

Dr. Zamboni's patients are still showing improvements at 3 years, which is astounding (!). He has been able to see them regularly, retreat if necessary, and be a part of their ongoing care. This is the only way forward. I hope that medical tourism and lack of follow up doesn't stop the research before protocols are established. I hope that people looking for a "miracle cure" realize that this is a commitment to a new lifestyle, and a new relationship with the vascular profession...just as you would have with a cardiologist after a heart attack or stroke. As we've learned in the cardiovascular realm, there isn't one pill or one procedure. There's only an ongoing commitment to life, which begins anew each day. Dr. Cooke helped me understand that--
http://www.goodfoodinfo.com/html/CardioCure.html

cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

They are still continuing to improve, or they are still maintaining their improvements? Either way it is fantastic.

Time to watch the video. :)
zinamaria
Family Elder

Post by zinamaria »

cheer-

Thanks for the video of Z and thank you for posting Jeff as well and although it was a brief glimpse of him, I could tell by his face how well he is; he seems to be glowing, shining skin and relaxed, perhaps handling whatever pressures are there, which is not always easy with someone with MS...very inspiring to keep doing all we can do in our daily lives to keep ourselves well.
Wool suit in 90 degree weather! That is impressive.

z
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Cheer/Joan,
When you started the CCSVI forum here and began informing the MS community about Zamboni, many lives changed, including mine. This was a very helpful, supportive and informative place. It was a pleasure to come here and talk with others who were interested in CCSVI and who were on their way to treatment. I happily learned so much, and was one of the first treated in the US. We all kept up with each other and offered support. It was a special place. CCSVI is a giant piece of the puzzle. it has changed the course of our disease and the course of our lives. There is much to learn, but this is the real breakthrough we have all been hoping for. In time, I hope all of the questions will be answered and MS will be forgotten.
Thank you Jeff and Joan.
Thank you Dr. Zamboni!
Rhonda
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

magoo wrote:Cheer/Joan,
When you started the CCSVI forum here and began informing the MS community about Zamboni, many lives changed, including mine. This was a very helpful, supportive and informative place. It was a pleasure to come here and talk with others who were interested in CCSVI and who were on their way to treatment. I happily learned so much, and was one of the first treated in the US. We all kept up with each other and offered support. It was a special place. CCSVI is a giant piece of the puzzle. it has changed the course of our disease and the course of our lives. There is much to learn, but this is the real breakthrough we have all been hoping for. In time, I hope all of the questions will be answered and MS will be forgotten.
Thank you Jeff and Joan.
Thank you Dr. Zamboni!
Rhonda
The same from Erika :smile:
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
Thekla
Family Elder

Post by Thekla »

I think Dr Z's results are wonderful! His patient group did stay on their DMD's throughout the follow up period. I wish he had included more detail about the cases, particularly the 4 non-responders requiring surgery.