AtlasBalance (jaw misalignment) Dr M Amir - Putney London UK

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
THEGREEKFROMTHED
Family Elder

Re: AtlasBalance (jaw misalignment) Dr M Amir - Putney Londo

Post by THEGREEKFROMTHED »

Moom9335 wrote:Could a US dentist who is interested, contact Dr Amir and request information
as to how to proceed with this alignment?

Dr. M. Amir BDS, M.Sc. (U. London)
Dental Surgeon
Cranio-dental & Skeletal Symmetry Centre
50B Lower Richmond Road
Putney, London
SW151JT
020 8780 3433
amir2647@msn.com
CindyCB
Family Member

Post by CindyCB »

Members from the US could perhaps try looking at Dr Stack's work with TMJ disorder - he's working on the connection with Tourette's Syndrome, Parkinson's and various movement disorders:

http://www.tmjstack.com/
Thyroid disease, Vitamin D deficiency, hypermobility, 'ME/CFS', CCSVI (stenosis both sides and assymetric malformed valves), TMJ - No MS but many neuro symptoms.
Moom9335
Family Member

Post by Moom9335 »

Cindy,

Thanks you so much. Very intriguing.
EJC
Family Elder

Post by EJC »

Dr Amir sent me an email this evening. It appears that with the best of intentions my thread explaining this particular type of treatment to those with MS (and other conditions) has become a bit of a victim of it's own success.

As a result Amir is getting snowed under with requests of help, particularly from America. Amir has asked me to post the following statement:-

The diagnosis and treatment is very complex and Dr Amir has developed a certain protocol and he is in the process of making courses ready for doctors to sign up and get qualified to take on the treatment of ME/CFS/FM/IBS/MS and patients suffering from many more aches and pains and psychological issues.

It is not something that can be explained over the phone. A system to diagnose and give advice after uploading a number of different records will also be available late in January 2012 whereby the patients can obtain a diagnosis and advice and perhaps the first appliance to be fitted by their dentists to alleviate the worst of patient symptoms and put them on the road to recovery. You can register your interest with Dr Amir at amir2647@msn.com.
THEGREEKFROMTHED
Family Elder

can someone tell me why aligning the jaw with the teeth with the atlas is helping us? I am following it but not truly understanding....
EJC
Family Elder

Post by EJC »

In fundamental (laymans) terms this is as I understand the explanations so far:- (It is important to understand this is my personal understanding and I'm not a Doctor/Dentist/Chiropractor!)

Misalignment of the the C1 vertebra (the atlas) and the rest of the cervical spine can cause pressure on the IJV's, nerves in the spinal column and the nerves which eminate from the spine etc Basically everything that runs close to or inside the vertebral column, so having a nice straight aligned Atlas is a good thing.

It seems a few people (independently of each other) have come to the conclusion that the atlas in many people is a bit wonky because the skull isn't sat on top of it in the correct position. Therefore the Atlas twists to compensate. So atlas misalingment is actually a symptom not a cause.

In many cases the skull is not straight because the jaw is not where it should be (for a vareity of reasons - accident, dental work, underdevelopment). The skull being slightly off perfect alingement means the atlas and the rest of the spine twists/moves to compensate.

So by definintion, a wonky jaw could be leading to a twisted spine, could be leading to some MS symptoms (including CCSVI - which if this hypothesis is correct could be a symptom not a cause).

I do not claim that I fully understand this, a lot of the information I'm passing on here is just that, being passed on.

However, I'm one of those people, like many of you on here that just can't sit and wait for someone else to solve the MS conundrum. . I can't just sit by and watch Emma deteriorate whilst doing nothing.

I wil post updates on Emma's treatment and her responses (or no responses to the same), I am not plugging a treatment - just sharing what I'm learning as it unfolds.

(Edit - I've asked Amir to read this and no doubt it will be changed!)
Last edited by EJC on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEGREEKFROMTHED
Family Elder

Thanks for the explanation. Makes a lot of sense. Watching the videos from dr stack is like watching john of god! Its overwhelming its so incredible. Please let us know about emma for sure. Ive recently gone to the nucca dr who adjusted what xray shows as a right head tilt. Cant say i feel different but its only a few weeks so we will see. Im seriously thinking of going to virginia to see stack. Ive done everything under the sun to no avail so what the hell. Thanks again
Amir
Family Elder

Post by Amir »

THEGREEKFROMTHED wrote:can someone tell me why aligning the jaw with the teeth with the atlas is helping us? I am following it but not truly understanding....
I am extremely grateful for the keen interest that many of you have shown in this concept. I have been working on this subject ever since I managed to heal my first patient of migraine some 30 years ago.
To understand this concept one has to accept that our bodies are as finely tuned as a finely made clock. If anything goes even slightly wrong with the mechanism of the clock it will not give the correct time. Another analogy I often quote is a motor car where the tyres, if not perfectly balanced, will eventually show wear on one edge needing replacement.
Our bodies are exactly the same. A slight asymmetry and eventually the damage starts causing pain somewhere in the body. Some other organic disturbances also develop like IBS/IBD.
A conglomeration of symptoms eventually are classed as different illnesses e.g. Fibromyalgia where patients exhibit certain areas with extreme pain and Multiple Sclerosis where some patients can have up to 40 symptoms.

You may be surprised to learn that these illness names are a figment of the imagination and have no bearing on reality. Many patients suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) are classified as such until they start getting some head symptoms like Optic Neuritis. This is when the patient is referred for an MRI scan and if some plaques are found in the brain the doctor exclaims with extreme glee that he has at last discovered what is wrong with the patient. It is not CFS it is MS! However medicine has neither an answer for CFS nor for MS (Except perhaps CCSVI where the jury is still out). The patient also very often takes a sigh of relief that at last the illness has been recognized not realising that they are in as much of a limbo as they were before and perhaps worse.
What has really gone on is that no effective treatment was provided for the earlier symptoms and matters have gotten worse akin to the tyre of a car eventually wearing out.

A visit to the Chiro or an osteopath will nearly always show that one leg is clinically shorter than the other. Correcting the Atlas immediately and permanently corrects the short leg. This would abate hip pains, sciatic nerve pains, numbness etc for a majority of the patients. If we are talking about MS patients you can just imagine the benefit many would experience from this PHYSICAL correction. Claiming that the previous hip pains were the consequence of demyelination becomes questionable as the patient often shows immediate relief.

Moving on from the hips to the head and neck and trying to answer your question please visualise the following:
I want you to imagine a perfectly shaped head for example that belonging to one of the great athletes like Usain Bolt or Mark Spitzer (a swimming legend). If such a head was balanced on a spike it would have to sit on a certain place on the spike to balance. If we now go and extract just one small tooth out of the patients mouth that head is not going to balance anymore and will need to be repositioned on the spike.

In life it is not a spike but our neck vertebrae which support the head. These vertebrae will have to compensate to balance the head. They compensate by realigning as best as they can. In other words they rotate and distort. Since the damage to the mouth is permanent they have to remain distorted permanently often affecting the nerves that emanate from the spine.

The body is built to gain symmetry all the time. The brain and other reflex mechanisms built into our neurology do not like the vertebral misalignment and contract various muscles to straighten the vertebrae and the head. Since the damage is permanent the messages to the muscles to contract are permanent. Fatigue and pain sets in. Over a long period the discs bulge, spurs grow and a whole host of problems like chronic neck pain and a frozen shoulder etc. develop.

The Atlas vertebrae appears to be misaligned in a majority of patients and its asymmetry appears to also depend/cause the asymmetry of the teeth and jaws. In other words they are interdependent. Correcting the teeth helps correct the Atlas and correcting the Atlas improves the jaw. The required change in the jaw is often much greater and needs long term treatment while the Atlas is corrected in one short visit.

Damage to the jaws are not from a single tooth extraction. It can be from a number of teeth extracted for various reasons which causes far bigger distortions of the neck.

Poor development of the jaws due to dietry effects and genetically missing teeth also eventually cause serious health issues. Please read the article on the previous page.

The treatment required is not to the neck which is showing secondary changes but to the mouth to improve matters.
I have tried to keep it simple and I hope this answers your enquiry.
Last edited by Amir on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Amir thank you.
I have been pondering this situation and would assume that muscle use and balance would be part of the picture.
For instance I have had teeth taken out by dentists in the past to make room for others? I have broken teeth which had to be removed and I have had poor repair work that has meant I often use only my right side to chew on. I would assume that would create an imbalance in muscle strength and one side developing compensation to have less bite to avoid discomfort.

I my mind this would create an imbalance with on flowing alignment problems, I would also imagine the atlas and C spine could be effected.

If the atlas only moves forward and back is it likely to be the most effected?

I would also imagine that C2 would take up allot of the compensation because of the disc material?

Thanks for joining us,
Nigel
EJC
Family Elder

Post by EJC »

Nice to see you on the group Amir.
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

dr. amir,

thank you for coming here with your knowledge! we are a complicated group and i have always felt and hoped that the best of the best doctors would somehow get together and put their specialties together "we the ones that have the symptoms someone decided to call ms" have been been put in a box way too long.

there is a lot of food for thought and this makes a lot of sence.

i had ccsvi treatment it didn't help me. i had nucca it has helped the tmj and pain. i have stenosis and bone spurs in my cervical that i feel is a big part of my problem. which i am very close to having endroscopic surgery for that. but surgery is still surgery.

dr. amir in my search i found ORAL SYSTEMIC BALANCE THERAPEUTIC SYSTEMS and dentist practicing this. they seem to be having good results. is this the same type of treatment? or have you refined your treatment differently? the dr. i read about is from the state of washington and he has trained other dentist.

in reading, it was noted that "snoreing" is a sign of jaw problems. i never had a problem with snoreing before the trauma i had--but afterwards i have been made aware of it--it is very intense. that's when the jaw started clicking and popping too. the nucca as i said helps the clicking and popping but i still snore intensly. also, i've noticed if i push my chin out i breath better and it seems like my jaw works better. but then of course my teeth don't line up.

any input would be appreciated.
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

"EJC," thank you for bringing this info. here and for bringing dr. amir here.

i certainly wish the best for your "emma" and you too of course.
THEGREEKFROMTHED
Family Elder

Dr Amir
Thanks for the detail. I have a jaw that pops but no neck or jaw pain etc. its a clicking jaw enough to prescribe tmj treatment? My ms is agressive and 4 yrs i do not walk. Is there hope un this treatment for one that is already lost so much mobility? Also i have had two atlas adjustments. Is it necessary to contine once adjusted. Also could you please move to michigan!
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Welcome Dr. Amir, :smile:

Thank you for explaining your theory--your analogies are terrific.

After recently having three teeth pulled, my Atlas needed adjustment (3/4" difference in leg length). I didn't know what caused my Atlas to slip because no new trauma had happened or so I thought; now I believe the extractions played a role. After future extractions, I'm going to be proactive by immediately seeing my AO chiro for a check-up before my neuro symptoms start flaring like they did this past time.

Regarding your theory, I wonder if another dental procedure can play a similar role to that of extractions. Over the years, I've spent a lot of time under the drill, and sometimes I thought my head was going to be jackhammered right off my body. I'm not talking about just fast, high-pitched drilling but rather the slow, low-pitched growl of hard-pounding drilling. I am so very thankful for the advent of conscious sedation dentistry. Do you think there are any circumstances in which heavy drilling can move the Atlas vertabrae, or am I way off base in thinking there might be a connection?

Thank you!

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”