AtlasBalance (jaw misalignment) Dr M Amir - Putney London UK

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Amir
Family Elder

Re: AtlasBalance (jaw misalignment) Dr M Amir - Putney Londo

Post by Amir »

juefaz wrote:Hi dr amir
I came for a consultation with you around two years ago and was and still am very interested in the work you do, I have relapse and remitting ms and had had ccsvi treatment about 8 months before I came to see you, I didn't think I had much improvement from the ccsvi so was a bit dubious at the time to spend even more money on having my jaw realigned, I had started chiropractor treatment around the same time I came to see you as I definitely think the connection with ms is more to do with alignment of the jaw, spine etc. as I had just started chiropractic treatment I wanted to do one thing at a time so have continued with that for the last two years, I've had lots of relief from initial problems I had with my neck, shoulders and arm. The only thing it has never helped with is my walking which to be fair to the chiropractor she never said it would, in fact in the beginning she didnt think she would be able to help me very much at all which she told me from the start but we decided to try, she xrayed my whole spine and c spine and I have a lot of problems, I have fusions in my c spine,I also have 2 curvatures and a narrowing at L5 I think, the fusions in the c spine seem to be confusing to the chiropractor and my neuro they both asked if I had a bad accident ever which I haven't, so they've come to the conclusion they are probably congenital, (we also have scoliosis in the family) another thing I have on my c spine which showed up on MRI is a syrinx which is a kind of bubble of Csf. My neuro found the syrinx which he also thinks may have been there for years but I don't think he really know. Now considering I have all these problems I can still walk and I still work in a physical job, Up until 6 months ago I wasn't even using a stick but the last few months I seemed to have progressed a bit and I now use a stick mainly for balance really. I do not and have never taken DMD's all I take is LDN which I have been taking for 3 years and I think has helped me, my neuro offers me DMD's each time I go but I refuse as I don't think they will help as I said at the beginning I think MS is more to do with alignment, veins, circulation etc and the dMD's can't help that. Because my walking has determinate s over the last few months I have been researching again and have been reading about a drug called ampyra which actually seems to make more sense to me for my walking problem as it is a potassium channel blocker which can give better nerve conduction, I'm considering trying it as apparently if its going to work it works within a month. This is the stage I'm at at the moment but after just reading everything that's been said on here a light suddenly went on in my head, around 6 months ago I stated having some dental treatment I've had a back tooth extracted I think it was a wisdom tooth, I've also had two root canal one quite large now I can't remember exactly if all this coincided with my walking deteriorating but I think it was all around the same time, so my question is do you think this dental work could have interfered with my walking? You did say when I saw you my jaw was misaligned and would need a brace so could this extra work I've had done made things worse? I'm in to minds now wether to give the ampyra a try or maybe come back to you, would you please give me some advice as I don't want my walking to deteriorate anymore. Thank you
I have gone through your old record. We have since improved our system a great deal.

You will have to visit my website:
http://dramir.com/testimonials.php
and look on the top right where it says:
"New patient? Start here"
Click and follow all the instructions.

On the website you can also read a lot of other testimonials.

The questionnaire now gives you the ability to record all the CCSVI treatment also.

Since you have had so much more done you will have to come for a repeat consultation.

I prefer my patients to have exhausted themselves of all other modalities of care and if you are inclined towards trying a drug you must do so before you come to me.
I honestly cannot fathom how a drug can possibly improve someones gait!

Please read:
http://pipeline.corante.com/archives/20 ... y_good.php

All the best
Rosegirl
Family Elder

Post by Rosegirl »

The post from juefaz brings up several issues I am dealing with right now. I won’t repeat all the info that I have described elsewhere, but, as of today, I still “wall walk” because my left leg doesn’t usually work well. There have been some significant improvements, however.

Until about six weeks ago, I used the dental orthotics (Aqualizer) around the house where it didn’t matter if I talked funny. Then, when I went out, I removed the Aqualizer and put on my shoes with custom orthotics (from the chiropractor who also does neural cranial integration). Each brought a little improvement occasionally, but nothing was consistent.

Thanks to Dr. Rothbart’s post here about the use of foot and dental orthotics at the same time, I have seen a significant improvement. I now often walk much faster and steadier more of the time. I also am walking much more around the house and it’s easier and safer using our staircase. Every day, I seem to be a little stronger and I actually enjoy moving around!

Using Ampyra has also been very helpful. I’ve used it for about three years and it’s been of little use. But now, within 20 minutes of taking it in the morning, I definitely move much better. That doesn’t seem to be true of the evening dose, but that’s ok.

Somehow, each of us with our unique physical challenges has gotten lumped together in a basket called MS, probably because we were sent to a neurologist. Had we started with a neuro dentist or a chiropractor and then found our way to CCSVI (if necessary), our lives and bank accounts would be an entirely different story.
Last edited by Rosegirl on Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amir
Family Elder

Post by Amir »

Rosegirl wrote:
Somehow, each of us with our unique physical challenges has gotten lumped together in a basket called MS, probably because we were sent to a neurologist.
An astute observation!
EJC
Family Elder

Post by EJC »

Rosegirl wrote: Somehow, each of us with our unique physical challenges has gotten lumped together in a basket called MS, probably because we were sent to a neurologist. Had we started with a neuro dentist or a chiropractor and then found our way to CCSVI (if necessary), our lives and bank accounts would be an entirely different story.
I thought exactly the same as Amir before I'd even noticed his comment.

The "MS" diagnosis (label) is doing more harm than good, gathering patients that potentially have a whole varying raft of problems together in a single category that suggests the same thing is wrong with all of them.

It's time the label was lost and the individual symptoms properly investigated.
Last edited by EJC on Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

Amir wrote:
Rosegirl wrote: Somehow, each of us with our unique physical challenges has gotten lumped together in a basket called MS, probably because we were sent to a neurologist.
An astute observation!
And yet everyone with this MS diagnosis that has come to you has been "labeled" as having a jaw misalignment. People in glass houses should be a little more careful when throwing stones.
Amir
Family Elder

Post by Amir »

CureOrBust wrote:
Amir wrote:
Rosegirl wrote: Somehow, each of us with our unique physical challenges has gotten lumped together in a basket called MS, probably because we were sent to a neurologist.
An astute observation!
And yet everyone with this MS diagnosis that has come to you has been "labeled" as having a jaw misalignment. People in glass houses should be a little more careful when throwing stones.
"Unconventional ideas in science are seldom positively greeted by those benefiting from conformity"
Marcell Truzzi Sociologist
Last edited by Amir on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EJC
Family Elder

Post by EJC »

CureOrBust wrote: And yet everyone with this MS diagnosis that has come to you has been "labeled" as having a jaw misalignment. People in glass houses should be a little more careful when throwing stones.
What a quite bizarre statement.

How can you possibly know what "label" is given to any patient that sees Dr Amir, or in fact how many he turns away as he explains he doesn't think he can help them?
mtf
Family Elder

Post by mtf »

CureOrBust wrote:
Amir wrote:
An astute observation!

CureOrBust,

Why are you so bitter and upset with Dr.Amir?
I really don't understand.
februaryrichard

Post by februaryrichard »

For those in America who are interested in having what I believe to be the closest thing to Dr Amir's, you should definitely check out Dr. Gerald Smith. He has done many seminars and is very knowledgeable.

His website: http://www.icnr.com/

Also, here is a link to a very informative seminar he did a couple of years back on the whole body-mouth connection:

He also treats bicuspids 'amputation' retraction orthodontics case using the ALF to expand the maxilla.
Amir
Family Elder

Post by Amir »

februaryrichard wrote:For those in America who are interested in having what I believe to be the closest thing to Dr Amir's, you should definitely check out Dr. Gerald Smith. He has done many seminars and is very knowledgeable.

Also, here is a link to a very informative seminar he did a couple of years back on the whole body-mouth connection:

He also treats bicuspids 'amputation' retraction orthodontics case using the ALF to expand the maxilla.
Dr Gerald Smith used to practice in Newtown PA when I met him a few times over 10 years ago. He is one of the pioneers of this work. He also published an excellent book showing the impact on the spine from dental asymmetries. I cannot find any reference to that book on his website now but he appears to have a lot more to offer now.
EJC
Family Elder

Post by EJC »

februaryrichard wrote:For those in America who are interested in having what I believe to be the closest thing to Dr Amir's, you should definitely check out Dr. Gerald Smith. He has done many seminars and is very knowledgeable.

That's really interesting for people in the US.

Also it's ideal if someone completely independent to Dr Amir is treating jaw and teeth related problems and arriving at similar outcomes.
Rosegirl
Family Elder

Post by Rosegirl »

Here’s another resource for people on the East Coast.

Dr. Anthony Sims is a dentist who has collaborated with both Dr. Smith and Dr. Stack. His practice is about 30 miles from Washington DC and Baltimore MD.

This link takes you to where you can see videos on treatment of various disorders.
http://www.bodymovementdisorders.com/vi ... timonials/

This link takes you to a paper that details the interaction of the teeth with gait.
http://www.bodymovementdisorders.com/us ... osture.pdf

There are more videos on Youtube.com.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

EJC wrote:Also it's ideal if someone completely independent to Dr Amir is treating jaw and teeth related problems and arriving at similar outcomes.
I did a search across his siute, and all the references I found regarding MS were nutritional and toxicity related, not Jaw Asymmetry. So I would say he has NOT come to similar outcomes as Dr Amir.
EJC
Family Elder

Post by EJC »

CureOrBust wrote:
EJC wrote:Also it's ideal if someone completely independent to Dr Amir is treating jaw and teeth related problems and arriving at similar outcomes.
I did a search across his siute, and all the references I found regarding MS were nutritional and toxicity related, not Jaw Asymmetry. So I would say he has NOT come to similar outcomes as Dr Amir.
Lets cut to the chase here. What's your problem?

You seem to have an issue with Dr Amir despite you being on the other side of the world and never having met the man.

Dr Amir actually knows Gerald Smith, he's met him and has a reasonably good grasp how he operates as a dentist.

I had a chat with Dr Amir about this thread yesterday when Emma was seeing him for an appointment. It thought it was great that someone completely unconnected with Dr Amir and based on a different continent was treating people for jaw and teeth issues as it certainly gives US based people someone to talk to over there.

You seem intent on arriving here and sniping at every and any opportunity. So what exactly do you have a problem with?
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

EJC wrote:Dr Amir actually knows Gerald Smith, he's met him and has a reasonably good grasp how he operates as a dentist.

I had a chat with Dr Amir about this thread yesterday when Emma was seeing him for an appointment. It thought it was great that someone completely unconnected with Dr Amir and based on a different continent was treating people for jaw and teeth issues as it certainly gives US based people someone to talk to over there.
He is treating Jaw and teeth, but there are many many dentists around the world that treat both the jaw as well as teeth. All I am saying is that he does not treat MS with Jaw alignment (with no reference to it on his website), while your post implied that he was treating MS (by posting the following on an MS site) "treating jaw and teeth related problems and arriving at similar outcomes".

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”