What did not get covered at ISNVD?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
DrDiana
Family Elder

Re: What did not get covered at ISNVD?

Post by DrDiana »

Such a great question, Cece!

I will say that it was difficult, if not impossible, for the doctors to reach a consensus on techniques and even basic definitions. It was quite obvious that this is such new science, we all seem to be learning more every day. Also, almost no one I spoke to had the same thoughts about CCSVI at the conference that they did when Dr. Zamboni first brought out his study. We are all learning and refining as we go.

Humbly, I tried to carry the flag for "other disorders" as much as I could. (my talk is on my website Prettyill.com). I think CCSVI is involved in more conditions than we ever even dreamed of.

Oh, did you all see the interviews? Some of those would be great for press releases, I think. That may be a way to pull in some press without violating anyone's confidentiality and unpublished results. Hmmm...

:) Diana
Dr. Diana

Special interest in "brain drains" and how they affect numerous conditions, including MS, Ehlers-Danlos, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, etc. I am a therapeutic optometrist on professional disability with EDS, POTS, CCSVI, mast cell disea
Cece
Family Elder

Re: What did not get covered at ISNVD?

Post by Cece »

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/chronic-c ... ml#p188577
Gotta agree with PointsNorth. A broader scale for measuring disability than EDSS would be useful, and I don't recall this being discussed at ISNVD.

Do we need more neurologists at ISNVD? As presenters or in attendance? That is something that is missing. There is both an 'N' and a 'V' in ISNVD....

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”