3rd ccsvi synergy calif.

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
esta
Family Elder

3rd ccsvi synergy calif.

Post by esta »

Hi all, third time for me too.
You know I believe it's more about the flow and to have this procedure done as many times as we need it done so be it.
I would rather have blood that flows correctly, because in the long run I think that's what counts.
I have PPMS. I still don't walk but lots of little things have changed for the better.
My EDSS scale hasn't moved, but so much can happen in between the lines that I don't consider that a true test of anything worthy.

I went to Synergy in California and saw Dr. Arata who believes it's all about the valves. . He un-plugged my right stent, angio'd the left jugular and my azygos where he also tore the valves. What is exciting is there is more I can still do on the right side where there is a narrowing between the jawbone and the skull but we're trying to see if a jaw alignment apparatus might do the trick.

My only advice for people who are still hedging, is to get the blood flowing correctly, that to me is most important. This CCSVI thing may not be the end all be all, but it's certainly worth the changes that do occur in most. Since I have had MS for well over 30 years, it's nice to get better not worse.

I'm on Pradaxa for three months, and after an ultrasound I should be able to get here in Canada through my doctor for free as it doesn't have to have any Zamoni protocols, hopefully there are no problems. That's when I can tell you if Pradaxa works better than Plavix which I had last procedure when my stent developed scar tissue and plugged up.

I wish this was around 30 years ago but better late than never because I still have hope that I won't get worse
PPMS. Liberated Katowice, Poland
06/05/10 angioplasty RJV-re-stenodsed
26/08/10 stent RJV
28/12/10 follow-up ultrasound intimal hyperplasia
Cece
Family Elder

Re: 3rd ccsvi synergy calif.

Post by Cece »

Congrats esta!!! I was wondering when you were up. It sounds like you are doing well. To even hope not to get worse is a bigger hope than we had before.

It might sound like a lot when people say third procedure or more but the very early procedures such as in 2009 or early 2010 were before the techniques were refined, and there are also people who need additional procedures in order to treat complications of the first procedure. The most I know of was the vein graft patient in Arizona, who had been through ten angioplasty procedures every time his stents clogged before he underwent a vein graft.
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Best of luck Esta! I'm hoping you have a smooth recovery.
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
munchkin
Family Elder

Post by munchkin »

I hope everything keeps flowing.
Just be careful with the scans in Canada, here in Winnipeg the U/S tech told me they aren't reporting things they haven't seen before. This covers just about everything, I have a blockage of 85% which wasn't noted and the report says the vein is patent. Technically, it is.
Take care.
DIR
Getting to Know You...

Post by DIR »

I hope everything goes well for you. CCSVI treatment may not be the cure for MS, but it sure does help patients with their symptoms. I have seen this my self at our clinic at DIR. We had a patient come in with a wheelchair and she got the procedure done. She came back a week later and walked right into our office all by herself without any support. We were extremely ecstatic about the results and I hope it helps you in the best way possible.
esta
Family Elder

Post by esta »

tx everyone.
i guess i should go back to false creek for my next ultra-sound. they did the one advising me of the scar tissue on my stent originally, so it appears, once again, we can't count on anything in this country when i comes to trying to get better thru CCSVI, cheez
where is DIR, sorry for my ignorance?
PPMS. Liberated Katowice, Poland
06/05/10 angioplasty RJV-re-stenodsed
26/08/10 stent RJV
28/12/10 follow-up ultrasound intimal hyperplasia
DIR
Getting to Know You...

Post by DIR »

Awww I'm sorry you feel that way. I hope you get better progressively...we have seen great results an I hope you get them too. And it's okay, we are located in Dayton, OH.
I can give you the website if you the website if you want the check it out. Keep high hopes!!