Pioneer in Healthcare Policy Award, for Liberal MP

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
1eye
Family Elder

Pioneer in Healthcare Policy Award, for Liberal MP

Post by 1eye »

Maclean's June 1, Capital Diary wrote:Will 2014 be the year of the brain?

Liberal MP Kirsty Duncan was given the Pioneer in Healthcare Policy Award from the Society for Brain Mapping & Therapeutics. The organization says she is receiving the award for “creating legislation that has impacted research funding and better health care delivery in Canada.”

Past winners of awards from the society include Ted Kennedy (2009) and Arnold Schwarzenegger (2008). Duncan has been working on getting the House to pass a motion to declare 2014 the Year of the Brain.

“Thirty years ago we looked at the heart, and now you can get a heart valve or even a new heart,” says Duncan, a medical geographer, who is also pushing for a national strategy on dementia.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
Cece
Family Elder

Re: Pioneer in Healthcare Policy Award, for Liberal MP

Post by Cece »

Congrats to Ms. Duncan. Well deserved.
I'm ok with 2014 being the year of the brain, although the year of the jugular or the year of the cerebrospinal venous drainage system would also work. :)

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”