Barb Farrell

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
lovebug
Family Elder

Barb Farrell

Post by lovebug »

Does anybody know how Barb Farrell is doing these days?
sumsum
Family Member

Re: Barb Farrell

Post by sumsum »

I am also wondering how she is doing. Has anybody any news?
lovebug
Family Elder

Post by lovebug »

Does anybody know how Barb is doing these days? Any news. Have I missed it somewhere else?
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

The last public update was in the Barrie Examiner in March 2011, over two years ago.
http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/2011/0 ... questioned
"It's the same group of people ... who have no background in this and they're going to decide on after-care?" said Patrick Farrell. "I look at it with the greatest amount of suspicion."

Farrell's wife, Barb, is bed-bound. A year ago, she was in hospital, considering moving to a hospice. But some local benefactors flew her to the United States and paid for treatment not available in Canada.

The treatment is angioplasty on veins for a condition called CCSVI (chronic cerebro-spinal venous insufficiency). It's considered unproven and is not available in Canada. But many Canadians are seeking the treatment abroad. And they require follow-up when they're at home.

Barb reports some progress, but remains bed-bound. Her husband said treatment for her has fallen between the cracks. She's back at home and getting home care, but she has not received physiotherapy, or any rehabilitation treatment.
She has a great many people pulling for her.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”