HOPE AND CONCERN: Dr. Rosa’s Guided Image Upright MRI's

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Tamarack
Getting to Know You...

Re: HOPE AND CONCERN: Dr. Rosa’s Guided Image Upright MRI's

Post by Tamarack »

Please note this post from Dr. Flanigan's thread:
All -
Dr. Scott Rosa sincerely appreciates the patient interest in his observational study, but the increase volume of emails and telephone calls are disruptive to his normal practice. Because Dr. Rosa has a waiting list, he respectfully requests that patients not apply for the study at this time. Future study sessions have not been scheduled nor confirmed. If you previously contacted Dr. Rosa's office, you will be notified if selected to be in the study.
Thanks for your understanding.
Sharon

Tamarack
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

For those of us who have trouble reading the color red, here is Tamarack's post in blue:
Tamarack wrote:Please note this post from Dr. Flanigan's thread:
All -
Dr. Scott Rosa sincerely appreciates the patient interest in his observational study, but the increase volume of emails and telephone calls are disruptive to his normal practice. Because Dr. Rosa has a waiting list, he respectfully requests that patients not apply for the study at this time. Future study sessions have not been scheduled nor confirmed. If you previously contacted Dr. Rosa's office, you will be notified if selected to be in the study.
Thanks for your understanding.
Sharon

Tamarack
frodo
Family Elder

Post by frodo »

I had assumed that the Rosa study was to be published in January. Anybody has any news about it?
Tamarack
Getting to Know You...

Post by Tamarack »

Frodo,
In the best case scenario we cannot expect to see Dr. Rosa's current work published before late spring or early summer. The collation and evaluation of data is being done now and is very time consuming. When it is finished and written up, the actual publication date will not be in his control. In the meantime, Rosa also continues to be very busy maintaining his private patient schedule as well as speaking engagements. We would all like to see his research sooner than later. Will let you know as soon as it is available.
Tamarak
frodo
Family Elder

Post by frodo »

Tamarack wrote:Frodo,
In the best case scenario we cannot expect to see Dr. Rosa's current work published before late spring or early summer. The collation and evaluation of data is being done now and is very time consuming. When it is finished and written up, the actual publication date will not be in his control. In the meantime, Rosa also continues to be very busy maintaining his private patient schedule as well as speaking engagements. We would all like to see his research sooner than later. Will let you know as soon as it is available.
Tamarak
Thanks for the information. I wait eagerly!!!
bspotts1
Family Member

Post by bspotts1 »

Tamarac,

still waiting...any news on the publication???

brad in sarasota
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

bspotts1 wrote:Tamarac,

still waiting...any news on the publication???

brad in sarasota
I haven't heard any news about Dr. Rosa's study, though I wanted to mention that sometimes journal publication is surprisingly slow for a variety of reasons. For example, I did some research in 1994 and it didn't get published until 1997.
Rogan
Family Elder

Post by Rogan »

NHE,

Not sure if this is the study you were referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a6Y7MbF_Mk#t=1286

But Dr. Rosa's talk at the CCSVI 2013 conference sounds amazing.

He, through the use of upright MRI and upper spinal adjustments are fixing retrograde CSF flow in the brain. Folks with Parkinson's, MS, and dementia are saying they are feeling better, headaches going away, and he can confirm the back jets of CSF flow are being reversed. You can't see the movie MRI's but he talks about seeing the spinal fluid moving brain tissue in the wrong ways. These are areas with lesions too.

This is pretty amazing research coming out!!!!!!!

http://www.ccsvi.org/
daniel
Family Elder

Post by daniel »

Are there any updates with Dr Rosa? Have all the patients continued to improve?
daniel
Family Elder

Post by daniel »

I'm book to see Dr Rosa in a couple days, I'll post my results when I can.
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Daniel -

Good luck to you at Dr. Rosa's -- I am sure you will find your visit helpful and interesting

Sharon
daniel
Family Elder

Post by daniel »

Sharon,

I'm still trying to piece this experience together in my head, it's nothing short of unbelievable. Thank you so much for finding Dr Rosa, your interview with him convinced me to seek him out. I just had my 'tap' two days ago and am resting.... can't believe the difference a tiny tap could produce. He's such an amazing person as well to top everything off. I have my followups this week and am going to be grilling him with the 9000 questions floating in my head lol

-dan
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Daniel -

Awesome news! So glad that you have had improvement in your MS symptoms. Remember this cannot be considered a cure for MS; but, I am sure that you were totally surprised to find out how and what your mis-aligned Atlas was affecting. Did you get to see your pre and post images? Did you see CSF flow normalize --- was the arterial flow and the venous flow compromised pre treatment?

I will look forward to your updates -- until that time, take care.

Best,
Sharon

CCSVI Alliance Facebook introduction to interview "How Does Craniocervical Misalignment Effect Fluid Flow in the CNS"
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Daniel -

On a personal note -- my treatment strategy has been to do what I could to minimize the chronic damage to my central nervous system. This included being treated for CCSVI at Stanford in June 1, 2009 where I was one of Dr Dake's early patients and was in his pilot study; then I went to Dr Rosa and found that not only was my head "not on straight" :wink: , but I also had a malformed clivus bone in the cranio cervical junction which had been altering the CSF flow probably since birth. My largest MS lesion is on my cervical spine exactly where the CSF had been diverted. My next step is healing the accumulated damage. This does not mean diminishing the lesions -- at my age they are scars (much like a bad cut or surgery where you are left with scar tissue damage). My goal is to heal the surrounding tissue -- get it perfused -- get it active again.

Sharon
Rogan
Family Elder

Post by Rogan »

Sharon,

Thank you so much for your interview with Dr. Rosa on ccsvi.org

Incredible discussion with him, he is a very humble, thoughtful, careful, helpful, scientist/doctor/person.

The history of him working with head trauma for years and now finally being able to work with an Upright MRI is great.

I had no idea he helped develop the MRI software that allows him to do very specific Atlas Adjustments. With percussion?

Amazing.

His discussion about the deceased Dr. Grossman's (sp?) Studies in the 1970's regarding spinal column lesions are fascinating.
His discussion of helping famous football players, and folks with hormonal problems pituitary cysts, are amazing
And his humble belief that many degenerative neurological conditions share anatomy problems may prove to the be the future.

He has found and helped many with mechanical clogs of the jugulars who have MS. ( I believe c1/C2 or muscles)
He is finding 20% of folks with abnormal C2 bones.
And he is helping restore normal CSF flow for folks with a dropped Cerebellum. (CTE?) He kept calling this the tonsils, confused me a bit.

Just an amazing researcher.

I think his humble response that he is not publishing yet because he is overwhelmed and doesn't want to give false hope is amazing. His theory that CSF and blood flow issues between the body and head can manifest themselves in all sorts of neurological diseases is a major change from the disjointed theories held today. That some neurological diseases are caused by a haywire immune system (MS), an over abundance of a protein tau that is somehow contagious to other parts of the brain (Alzheimer's), or that your body just stops making dopamine for some unexplained reason (Parkinson's). I think the future will find Dr. Rosa closer to the truth. ( I might add too that this is what Dr. Michael Flannagan uprightdoc, has been say for years also)

Let's hope he can train many others in this new field.

Thank you so much….