When CCSVI fails, try AO and/or the Dentist

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
EJC
Family Elder

Re: When CCSVI fails, try AO and/or the Dentist

Post by EJC »

vesta wrote: Actually, I think one should try AO and/or the Dentist BEFORE trying CCSVI angioplasty.
That's the conclusion we arrived at having had CCSVI treatment first.

It would be logical to try something non invasive first. Then if that doesn't solve the problem completely, check if there are any blockages in teh known areas for CCSVI.
Rosegirl
Family Elder

Post by Rosegirl »

If I were newly diagnosed, I would have just tried the tissue method for a week before anything else. No Aqualizer, no AO/NUCCA chiropractor, no dentist and certainly no CCSVI venoplasty. For the cost of less than a box of tissues (and 90 minutes a day), I have been clear improvements. Then, either way, add the Aqualizer and see if you get even better results.

The bad news is that there's no medical professional to tell you how to "tweak" this to get the maximum results, but this is certainly quick (no waiting for an appointment), convenient and you can't beat the price. And then try a chiropractor - be sure it find one trained in NUCCA or AO -- and let them improve on your results (or lack thereof). Let the chiro guide you to a dentist trained to treat neurological conditions, not just any dentist.

I am a strong supporter of CCSVI treatment, even though it did not get me walking again. The science is still evolving, however, and all of the methods listed above are much less expensive and completely non-invasive.
Amir
Family Elder

Post by Amir »

An excellent thread and very refreshing to note that patients are getting closer to finding a real cure for their illness.

Well done to all the astute observers and the ones willing to submit to an easy solution or finding an indicator for a successful resolution of their symptoms.
Last edited by Amir on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

After reading Dr William's site, it is now making sense to me. Clenching one's jaw can stop flow, blood or CSF. I do not care which one it is, I am just so thrilled that something as simple as this is helping me.
kitminden
Getting to Know You...

Post by kitminden »

What is the tissue method please?
Rosegirl
Family Elder

Post by Rosegirl »

This is the method listed earlier in this thread.

Take a facial tissue (like Kleenex or Puffs) and roll it into a cigar shape so it’s about 4 inches long by ½ inch thick. Place it between your upper and lower teeth so that your molars don’t touch. Recline (don’t sit straight up) and wear it for 20-30 minutes three times a day. Wear it like a bite guard.

That’s it, that’s the whole thing. Three tissues, 90 minutes, costs nothing and I’m walking better. Sounds impossible, looks pretty stupid, but it’s working for me.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

I have tried the Aqualizer, and it has made no difference to my walking
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

When I tried a Upper Cervical Chiropractor, i felt the same benefits they say they felt with CCSVI when he corrected my misaligned C1"Atlas" then i saw Dr Amir's jaw treatment which my jaw is messed up then he said that correcting the jaw misalignment will correct your C1 misalignment. Everything fits together so nicely

Do i think its all about closed veins? no, i think CSF plays a bigger factor than we think
Amir
Family Elder

Post by Amir »

civickiller wrote:When I tried a Upper Cervical Chiropractor, i felt the same benefits they say they felt with CCSVI when he corrected my misaligned C1"Atlas" then i saw Dr Amir's jaw treatment which my jaw is messed up then he said that correcting the jaw misalignment will correct your C1 misalignment. Everything fits together so nicely

Do i think its all about closed veins? no, i think CSF plays a bigger factor than we think
Civickiller Just a minor correction!

Jaw correction corrects the Atlas in many instances. I would say at least in 75% of the cases.
This is a copy of what I recently posted on another thread:
"It has been a long time since I wrote anything about the Atlas.

I shall try and enlighten you with my experiences over the last year or so.

I start many new patients each month. Almost all of them have Atlas/Hip asymmetry at the outset.

About a year or more ago I decided that I am not going to correct the Atlas first but sort the jaw out for a few months and then re evaluate.

Surprisingly I have only had to correct one Atlas in the last 3 months. All the rest corrected with orthodontic/TMJ treatment.

When the Atlas is out of synch the hips are also always out of level. When the Atlas corrects the hips level out.

Therefore in general a patient can self check their hips to know if the Atlas is out. The higher hip when palpated just above the iliac crest is always relatively more painful than the lower side. When level the pain disappears.

Experience also shows that, very rarely, the hips are out of line on their own without Atlas involvement. These can be quickly corrected with a traditional chiropractic adjustment which is a very straight forward procedure requiring only a couple of minutes effort.

Atlas symmetry, jaw/dental symmetry and hip symmetry appear to be very interdependent and major players in overall skeletal symmetry and hence optimal function."
Last edited by Amir on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

Amir wrote:Jaw correction mostly corrects the Atlas
How would someone who has had their atlas corrected, with no noticeable benefits, expect benefits from Jaw Alignment?
DougL
Family Elder

Post by DougL »

CureOrBust wrote:
How would someone who has had their atlas corrected, with no noticeable benefits, expect benefits from Jaw Alignment?
i think what he is saying is that sometiems adjusting the jaw won't fix the Atlas (he quoted one patient who needed Atlas adjustment after jaw work).

i think my wife fits this example. her jaw is fine - we think the problem with her Atlas began at age 3 when she had a bad fall.
Amir
Family Elder

Post by Amir »

CureOrBust wrote:
Many thanks for picking on this. The impression I wanted to give did not come through corectly in my post.
I have modified it.

Jaw correction has many other and substantive ramifications throughout the body and the benefit is not limited to the Atlas.
Rosegirl
Family Elder

Post by Rosegirl »

Here’s an update from my weekly visit with my AO chiropractor:

Two weeks ago, I started using the tissue method with the Aqualizer and she was amazed to see that both the pterygoids (jaw muscles) and cranials were normal. When I went to my appointment this week, she found that my pterygoids were back in spasm and my cranials did not move as well as last week.

The only change in my routine last week was that right after my appointment, for three days, I just used the tissues and not the Aqualizer. I finally realized that I was not moving as smoothly or quickly and things started hurting again. So for two days before this week’s visit, I started using the Aqualizer again, and things were just starting to get better.

Now I’m using both the tissues (3 times a day for 30 minutes each time while reclining) and the Aqualizer for at least 3-4 hours a day. Things are definitely getting better. Wow!
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

I just put two and two together. I was always thinking that the reason I felt better when sitting on the toilet was because of my position. I have problems defecating due to my sphincter muscle being contracted... now I realize it is because my mouth is open and my jaw is relaxed.TY Rosegirl for another piece of the puzzle.
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »