Thermodynamic Approach to Cerebrospinal Fluid Circulation

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Does this paper change your mind about Inclined Bed Therapy?

I am still confused about (IBT) helping circulation
No votes
What is Inclined Bed Therapy (IBT)?
No votes
I fully understand the connection between gravity, circulation and posture.
11%
We need to conduct a controlled study into (IBT)
11%
I don't believe the paper to be correct about circulation.
No votes
I use (IBT) and it is helping me
33%
I use (IBT) and it's making me worse
No votes
I use (IBT) and it is not working
22%
I tried (IBT) for a few weeks and gave up
22%
None of the above
No votes

Total votes: 9

dlynn
Family Elder

Re: Thermodynamic Approach to Cerebrospinal Fluid Circulatio

Post by dlynn »

Andrew,
I was mistaken, thinking my bed was at 4in., I had it raised another 2in. It was only at 3in.
Now it's at 5in. (make sense?). Is 5in. beneficial, I will surely raise it another inch if you think best.
I prefer maximum benefit. Does IBT affect CCSVI weather treated or untreated. I've had the procedure
but I'm not certain my veins are still patent. Also my father raised his bed at the suggestion of his
PCP for acid reflux. Having done so, he no longer takes meds. Thank you for all your help.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

How goes the so-called "sodium pump" fit in? Trees don't like saline.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
AndrewKFletcher
Family Elder

Post by AndrewKFletcher »

1eye wrote:How goes the so-called "sodium pump" fit in? Trees don't like saline.
Thanks for your reply
Increase the density of the soil water by adding too much salt and you counter act the density change from evaporation. The downflow (phloem needs to be denser than the return flow (Xylem) The published literature confirms that phloem sap is denser than xylem sap.

The sodium and potassium pump is explained as a method of moving ions across a membrane. The bulk flow rates of fluid in the circulation of trees requires an explanation that addresses bulk flow rates. Salt moving in and out of cells may or may not contribute to momentum but I fail to see how it can be considered against the flow rates observed in trees.
Inclined Bed Therapy (IBT) | http://www.inclinedbedtherapy.com
Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free. Fascinating Science, Discovery, History and Medical Research In Circulation And Posture.
AndrewKFletcher
Family Elder

Post by AndrewKFletcher »

dlynn wrote:Andrew,
Is 5in. beneficial, I will surely raise it another inch if you think best.
Hi Lynn, 5 inch incline is ok, but 6 inch incline is better. It makes no difference what kind of injury a person has sustained, be it by surgery or by accident. IBT accelerates the healing process by supporting the circulation. A few weeks ago I fell on some logs and severely bruised my hip. Like all normal people, I decided to photograph the bruising to show how effective IBT is at aiding the body to recover. Within a week the bruising had almost completely gone. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 688&type=3
IBT has been helping people with ms long before CCSVI was considered to be responsible in some way for ms. 1995 was the first time IBT was tested fro pwms in a pilot study, the results from which were incredible, two ladies with supposedly irreversible optic nerve damage through long term progressive ms, both regained their sight and both ophthalmologists wrote to me asking how putting blocks under someones bed could restore their sight.

This new paper is proof about how gravity positively affects cerebrospinal fluid circulation. I was shouting this from the roof tops in 1995 but I guess I was not loud enough. The literature states erroneously that gravity cannot affect circulation either negatively or positively because it affects both the ascending limb and descending limb of the circulation equally. This has now been proven to be wrong!

Everyone with ms should be concerned about sleeping flat, given this peer reviewed published evidence. The author has replied and has positively embraced the fact that a downflow will induce a return flow and that there is no need to consider brownian motion for the return flow of csf.

Now all we have to do is get the biologists, physicists and fluid mechanics to agree that they have been barking up the wrong tree. :lol:
Inclined Bed Therapy (IBT) | http://www.inclinedbedtherapy.com
Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free. Fascinating Science, Discovery, History and Medical Research In Circulation And Posture.
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

quote andrew: Now all we have to do is get the biologists, physicists and fluid mechanics to agree that they have been barking up the wrong tree.

yes, getting them convinced and the rest of the dr.'s that stick to the "theories" that have been very profitable for many concerned is like trying to get a bone from a :O3 only i think the dog would be easier to convince--they usually don't have control issues or greed in their blood.