A New Review About Diagnosing CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Shayk
Family Elder

A New Review About Diagnosing CCSVI

Post by Shayk »

Hi all

I've been away but don't think this has been posted yet--

The role of noninvasive and invasive diagnostic imaging techniques for detection of extra-cranial venous system anomalies and developmental variants that was published by Buffalo (BNAC group).

The full article is open access complete with illustrations and discussion about the pros and cons of various diagnostic techniques.

Thought it may be of interest to some.

All the best....

Sharon
1eye
Family Elder

Re: A New Review About Diagnosing CCSVI

Post by 1eye »

First impressions:

-- a couple of typos: Beggs, not Begss, and waisting, not wasting. (If you have a big belly, a waist goes to waste, even if you're not flabby. :-) )

-- This is a very important paper. Dr. Zivadinov et al have really moved the science along. I am in agreement, and learning a lot from this paper. Money well spent IMHO. Great research in this review. Judging by the ongoing activity in this area, it seems perhaps we need a new Cochrane review.

-- It seems one of the investigators had many drug company interests. Another seemed to have more in the medical devices arena. I guess research costs money; who knew?

-- I'm glad to see a paper investigating plethysmograms.

-- I sure would like to have access to some of these papers. Lots of news to me.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

due to the length and breadth of this review .... a busy MrSuccess has not yet examined it in detail. I will say this .... it certainly looks to be of great importance in understanding CCSVI as well as we do , given all the CCSVI unknowns.

I am looking forward to our skilled and wise CCSVI TIMS members , taking it on.

This paper on CCSVI diagnosing should be a very good topic for discussion.

Based on a fast look , I don't see any reason to take Dr.Zivadov to task .

I really liked the IVUS information.

I don't bother with corrrecting grammir nor spealling. :? :razz:

MrSuccess
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I haven't had a chance to read it but I will, and thanks, Sharon.
Dovechick
Family Elder

Post by Dovechick »

Thanks for posting this document Sharon. It poses more questions than it answers unfortunately for us.
Michele,  warrior4MS, mother and champion for Ella, the MSer. The solution is out there we just have to ask the right questions.