Big day this week - finally having CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
lifeisgood
Getting to Know You...

Big day this week - finally having CCSVI

Post by lifeisgood »

Hi all-

My husband has had RRMS for over 25 years. He is still able to work and if you looked at him, you really couldn't tell that he even has MS. I am the one who visits this sight and surfs the net to trying and keep up with what is new in the MS world.

I remember sitting in front of my computer back in 2009 when I first watched the lengthy video about Dr. Zamboni and his discovery. I sat....and watched... as I got goosebumps and had tears running down my cheeks and what this could possible mean for those suffering with MS.

We have watched from the sidelines as people traveled all over the world to have the procedure. We watched and waiting patiently and tried learned more.

My husband has finally decided not to wait any longer and to have it done this week at Rush Hospital in Chicago. We are nervous, excited and yet cautious. I can't believe it is actually going to happen and he will have his chance. It has come full circle for us. Say a prayer for him and the doctor if you have a minute!

:)
Cece
Family Elder

Re: Big day this week - finally having CCSVI

Post by Cece »

Tell us how it goes!! He has all my best wishes.
lifeisgood
Getting to Know You...

Post by lifeisgood »

Thanks. I feel like I know you, too!
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Hope all goes very well.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

lifeisgood wrote:My husband has finally decided not to wait any longer and to have it done this week at Rush Hospital in Chicago. We are nervous, excited and yet cautious. I can't believe it is actually going to happen and he will have his chance. It has come full circle for us. Say a prayer for him and the doctor if you have a minute!
Which doctor will he be seeing? Do they use IVUS?
lifeisgood
Getting to Know You...

Post by lifeisgood »

Dr Bulent Arslan and I believe so.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I've heard a lot of positive reports about Dr. Arslan but he was on record at ISNVD in 2012 saying that he does not use IVUS.
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/chronic-c ... 19297.html
Dr. Sclafani: IVUS needed to detect each valve. Dr. Arslan: Right equipment makes the difference; IVUS not needed
I wonder what he means by right equipment.
The IR in Chicago who treats CCSVI and uses IVUS is Dr. Ferral: http://www.northshore.org/apps/findadoc ... x?pid=9120

The good thing about Dr. Arslan is that he's done a lot of procedures. I would consider him experienced.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

lifeisgood wrote:My husband has finally decided not to wait any longer and to have it done this week at Rush Hospital in Chicago. We are nervous, excited and yet cautious. I can't believe it is actually going to happen and he will have his chance. It has come full circle for us. Say a prayer for him and the doctor if you have a minute!
Midweek wishes for a safe procedure and quick recovery and improvements if possible!