Researchers Report Alternate Explanation of Why CCSVI Works

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Shayk
Family Elder

Re: Researchers Report Alternate Explanation of Why CCSVI Wo

Post by Shayk »

Hi all...just wanted to let you know the entire paper is available and may (or, may not) offer some clarification.

Transvascular Autonomic Modulation: A Modified Balloon Angioplasty Technique for the Treatment of Autonomic Dysfunction in Multiple Sclerosis Patients

Take care all

Sharon
MarkW
Family Elder

Post by MarkW »

Shayk wrote:Hi all...just wanted to let you know the entire paper is available and may (or, may not) offer some clarification.
Transvascular Autonomic Modulation: A Modified Balloon Angioplasty Technique for the Treatment of Autonomic Dysfunction in Multiple Sclerosis Patients
Sharon
Thanks for the link, Sharon. I cannot decide if this paper is a sales pitch or paper sharing a new discovery.
MarkW
Mark Walker - Oxfordshire, England. Retired Industrial Pharmacist. 24 years of study about MS.
CCSVI Comments:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/8359854/MS-experts-in-Britain-have-to-open-their-minds.html
pushingForward
Family Member

Post by pushingForward »

Hey guys - my first time here in CCSVI land - I have posted in other topics on TIMS. I am starting to seriously consider CCSVI as on option for me - especially after seeing some of the amazing stories and videos posted here (tilt - your video is incredibly inspiring!). I am a 40 y/o male with two kids and I am gradually losing mobility. I get through the day without a cane, etc. but can only walk 1/2 mile before exhaustion sets in. I live in SoCal - really close to Dr. Arata, but after reading this thread, I am thinking I should consider a trip to NY.

Anyway, I am not actually sure why I am posting, but I guess it is just to introduce myself and see if anyone has comments.

Here are a few of my symptoms that are making me think CCSVI may be worth it:
heat intolerance
balance issues
my feet get cold often
E.D.
bladder issues
fatigue
numbness in both hands and feet - all the time

What did those of you that have had it done do to help your decision? There is so much (somewhat conflicting) information on it, it gets very confusing!

thanks
patient1

Post by patient1 »

Sorry, the TVAM procedure is a complete and total fraud. When I was taking Xarelto I felt better, now everything is worse than it used to be, AND the doctor ignores my messages! Fraud if there was ever one!
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

In case anyone is interested, my vagus nerve incident resulted in 3 weeks of unremitting, painful hiccups, finally cured using oral chlorpromazine, a nerve paralyzing agent. I do not in any way recommend nerve-ballooning for CCSVI.

CCSVI results in narrowings of jugular and other veins. It is a circulation problem which has several possible causes, and can happen to anyone. It does not cause MS, but may exacerbate its symptoms. Treatment is not surgery; it is a procedure which involves a catheter and balloons to expand veins. It probably involves a fluoroscope, and may involve IVUS, or intra-venous ultrasound exploration.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)