Greetings from a name perhaps forgotten!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
BooBear
Family Elder

Greetings from a name perhaps forgotten!

Post by BooBear »

It has been nearly four years since I have posted anything in this forum. My neglect can be attributed to, well, living life!

I had the Liberation Treatment performed in Albany on August 13, 2010. Since then, I have taken zero- ZERO- meds to manage my MS. I have also had zero relapses. Frankly, I am just fine.

My weekends, formally used to recover from those nasty Avonex side effects, are now filled with activity. I sleep just fine. I have no cognitive issues, save those that come with age. I am not "cured"- I still have the occasional bad day- but those days are few and far between and far less impactful than they used to be.

I may be experiencing a particularly long placebo effect; I don't care. I feel just fine.

Just wanted to check in with everyone and relay my status. I feel I owe my life to this board and thank you all for your information sharing, caring, and support. I wish all of you well!!!

BooBear
Three veins angioplastied.  One renewed life.  
blossom
Family Elder

Re: Greetings from a name perhaps forgotten!

Post by blossom »

Hello boobear, so glad to hear from you and that you are still doing so well. Even though there are those like myself that did not benefit from the liberation treatment – it is hearing from someone like you that gives hope.

What does your neurologist have to say about all this? Or does the cat have his tongue?

Stay well and enjoy life.
BooBear
Family Elder

Post by BooBear »

Hi, blossom!!!

The cat has his tongue, as I was "going to be in a wheelchair in six months" if I went off all drugs completely and pursued the Liberation Treatment. Well, unless I am in an invisible wheelchair, that didn't happen. :)

Did you continue the drug therapies post-treatment?
Three veins angioplastied.  One renewed life.  
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

BooBear, I'm so glad to hear of your success. :) :) :-BD :-BD :) :)
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

The last time I saw one neurologist she told me I'd better keep on using my wheelchair and that I could expect the right side to go the same way my left side has. I have injured myself equally badly with both the wheelchair and my walker. Anyway that was a number of years ago (5?) and nothing has come of those predictions either. y left-hand piano seems better. I did about 1 1/2 hours on the Niagara parkway on my recumbent tricycle this summer.

Ideas for new threads:

1. I have been too busy with my new life to post on TiMS.
2. Predictions of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

Good to see you back Boo Bear. And doing well after these years. Keep doing what your doing cause your doing well.
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
frodo
Family Elder

Post by frodo »

Thanks for comming back to report!!! it is glad to see that some of us respond well to angioplasties!
Sad that you did not see your neuro again. I would have like you to take a picture of her face.
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

booBear, I have never taken drugs for the so-called MS. So none to continue taking. I am considered primary progressive MS.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I saw this when you posted but didn't respond because life busy summer
WONDERFUL news

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”