How come no one is posting about their CCSVI procure?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
singleprego
Getting to Know You...

How come no one is posting about their CCSVI procure?

Post by singleprego »

I haven't read any new posts about someone's recent CCSVI treatment. Are people not having it done anymore or am I looking in the wrong spots?
1eye
Family Elder

Re: How come no one is posting about their CCSVI procure?

Post by 1eye »

Still considering a re-do. Done in 2010, five years in August. Still better than I had been. At that time I was falling often enough that a massage therapist saw the bruises and asked me if I was being abused. Only scars, now. Regrets: none.

When I go in again I'll let you know. Can't afford it yet.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
DougL
Family Elder

Post by DougL »

1eye wrote:Can't afford it yet.
one of the saddest things I have read here. :cry:
singleprego
Getting to Know You...

Post by singleprego »

Yeah, I don't have a cool 7k handy either. Thanks for sharing. I hope to read about your next liberation soon.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

$7000 is less than it used to be, is that the going rate? Back in 2010 & 2011, insurance was covering the procedure in the US. With a local doctor coding for central vein stenosis, insurance might still cover it. My jugular veins were 99% and 80% blocked, respectively, which is more than enough for an individual doctor to deem it medically necessary and for insurance not to blink twice.

My improvements have held up and the treatment was one of the best things I ever did for myself. It's been 4 years now.
buggs
Getting to Know You...

Post by buggs »

I too have had great success with this procedure, I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of us have had success and you do not hear about it as much because we are living a much fuller life now and it lasts longer than the Neuro's would have you believe. Treating my CCSVI condition with angioplasty was the best thing I ever did I would not change a thing except the perceptions of the neurologist's opinions and strong hold on our lives. If you are considering it, good luck I hope you get the same or better than I did :D
singleprego
Getting to Know You...

Post by singleprego »

Thank you for the replies. What keeps you involved in this board?
newday
Getting to Know You...

Post by newday »

I had the procedure in 2010 with amazing results that lasted 2 years then things when downhill. I repeated the procedure in 2014 with many initial small gains but I feel I waited too long. Money was a huge factor for me. I continue to follow this board to keep informed about new info, insurance coverage, and possible stent invention for the jugulars. And to follow familiar posters updated improvements.
Welcome the brand new day :)
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

singleprego wrote:Thank you for the replies. What keeps you involved in this board?
For me, the improvements were profound. At the same time, the controversy and maligning of CCSVI and unfairness meant that some people got it at great expense, some people got it at no expense, and some people didn't get it at all. There was so much misinformation and some of the misinformation was spread by the very neurologists that we go to for help. Based on my experience, what I've heard from others, the prodedure images that I've seen, and the logic and science, I think this is HUGE for people with MS, and I want to see it happen fairly. I want to see diligent research. I also know people on this board and I want to keep up with how everyone is doing. But mostly I want the fire to remain lit because CCSVI has the potential to help when, at least in my experience, nothing else helped.