Testing in Ontario?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
MrChris
Family Member

Testing in Ontario?

Post by MrChris »

Does anyone know of any facilities that still offer testing for CCSVI In Ontario Canada?
DougL
Family Elder

Re: Testing in Ontario?

Post by DougL »

have you tried

Barrie Vascular Imaging

50 Alliance Blvd - Barrie - L4M 1L2

705-722-8738 - Fax # 705-728-3053

Barrie Vascular Imaging now offers testing for CCSVI in our laboratory. This testing is a screening for Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency. A referral from a physician is required.
Barry
Family Member

Post by Barry »

I went to Port Perry Imaging
462 Paxon Street,
Port Perry, Ontario
L9L 1L9

Phone: 905-985-9727

Dunno if they still do CCSVI, I didn't need a referral.
I run a fun little forum site – www.CanadiansTalk.net – check it out. You don't have to be
a Canuck. :)
MrChris
Family Member

Post by MrChris »

Hey guys,

DougL, Barrie no longer does the testing..i presume they stopped ever since the Heath Care system stopped covering the procedure as well as the legal mumbo jumbo with Dr Freedman.

Barry, How long ago did you go to Port Perry to have testing done?
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

They were originally offering testing in Barrie for a fee. It was not too steep, but not free, due to the concerted efforts of Dr. Freedman. Anyway it was not on OHIP as long ago as 2011, and Barrie was still offering it.

Opposition and legal maneuvering regarding the CCSVI procedure in Canada, as well as the unprofessional conduct of the science community and "Societies", has been cynical and obviously biased from the start, in favour of the status quo, and treatments not even offered to progressive MS patients.

In spite of recent research and discoveries related to CSF, lymph waste clearance from the brain, and the tight coupling between the CSF and venous drainage, CCSVI testing and treatment in Canada is still in a legal limbo which suits the vendors of DMDs just fine. However, in my opinion, the drug and neurology people have nothing whatever to offer SPMS or PPMS patients (proof of that is the yearly "checkup" schedule they offer). We ought to be free to pursue any and all reasonable treatment regimes offered outside the neurology wagon-circle. They are so reactionary, they don't even want you to get tested, especially after you have had the procedure. And they call themselves doctors.

We do, however, have an election coming up in Canada. The Liberals are too weak and small still, to have any power to change things. Kirsty Duncan, a Liberal, has done everything one person could. But the NDP is Canada's best, and probably only hope against the anti-democratic Stephen Harper. They know plenty about CCSVI, too.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)