a prescription med to treat CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Cece
Family Elder

a prescription med to treat CCSVI

Post by Cece »

http://www.yixueqianyan.cn/EN/abstract/ ... 1312.shtml
Analysis of nicergoline in treating elderly chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency

(1. Department of Neurology, China Meitan General Hospital, Beijing
100028, China; 2. Department of Emergency, The First Affiliated Hospital of Henan University of Science and
Technology, Henan, Luoyang 471000, China)

Abstract 【Abstract】 Objective To investigate the clinical effect of nicergoline in treatment of elderly patients with
chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency.

Method Used random number table method to selected 162cases of elderly patients with chronic cerebrovascular venous insufficiency from July 2012 to July 2014 in
our hospital as research objects, they were divided into nicergoline group and routine group, 81 cases in each
group. Routine group patients were treated with conventional methods, on the basis of conventional treatment,
nicergoline group patients were treated with nicergoline. Clinical effects of the two groups were compared.

Result Before treatment, the index [color Doppler ultrasound detection of vertebral artery and middle cerebral
artery, the end diastolic velocity (Vd), peak systolic velocity (Vs), resistance index (RI), pulsatility index (PI)]
were not significant different (P > 0.05); 12 weeks after treatment, Vd, Vs, RI, PI of the two groups patients
were significantly improved than before treatment, the difference was significant (P < 0.05), and Vd, Vs, RI, PI
of nicergoline group patients were superior to control group, the difference was significant (P < 0.05). MMSE
scores of the two groups patients before treatment were not significant different (P > 0.05); after treatment,
MMSE scores of the two groups patients were significantly increased than before treatment (P < 0.05), and
MMSE scores of nicergoline group was (24.5±1.3) points, significantly higher than routine group [(22.9±1.5)
points], the difference was significant (P < 0.05). 12 weeks after treatment, total effective rate of nicergoline
group was 91.36%, significantly higher than routine group (76.54%), the difference was significant (P < 0.05).

Conclusion Nicergoline can improve patients with elderly chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency clinical
symptoms and brain blood flows, and can significantly improve the clinical treatment effect.
MMSE is the mini mental state exam: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini%E2%8 ... xamination
Nicergoline is prescribed for migraines among other things https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicergoline
Could be a good complement to ccsvi angioplasty
Xièxiè (thank you) to the researchers
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Re: a prescription med to treat CCSVI

Post by CureOrBust »

I was surprised at how simply they stated CCSVI as if it was a commonly known condition, so I looked at the cited articles (waaaaay long url) to see if any were MS specific. I did see one in there by Simka.
[6] Simka M, Kostecki J, Zaniewski M, et al. Extracranial Doppler
sonographic criteria of chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency
in the patients with multiple sclerosis [J]. Int Angiol,
2010, 29 (12): 109-114.
I also noted the references to one study using a nootropic and followed that a little as well, and cross referenced it to a thread on nootropics.
jencor69
Getting to Know You...

Post by jencor69 »

CureOrBust wrote:I was surprised at how simply they stated CCSVI as if it was a commonly known condition, so I looked at the cited articles
I am not quite sure why you were surprised to see CCSVI stated simply. In 2009 A Consensus Conference on Venous Malformations - headed by Prof. Byung B Lee from Georgetown - and experts from 47 countries- studied the evidence and unanimously voted in favour of officially including the stenosing lesions found in CCSVI in the new Consensus document and Guidelines. It IS a commonly known condition. Now published-

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2008 ... dinalpos=1
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

jencor69 wrote:
CureOrBust wrote:I was surprised at how simply they stated CCSVI as if it was a commonly known condition, so I looked at the cited articles
I am not quite sure why you were surprised to see CCSVI stated simply. In 2009 A Consensus Conference on Venous Malformations - headed by Prof. Byung B Lee from Georgetown - and experts from 47 countries- studied the evidence and unanimously voted in favour of officially including the stenosing lesions found in CCSVI in the new Consensus document and Guidelines. It IS a commonly known condition. Now published-

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2008 ... dinalpos=1
Some of us have been bamboozled into forgetting that simple fact. Doctors treat disease, and the best of them will continue to treat CCSVI until it is beaten. Meanwhile Elvis Costello and I keep aging. Well, IMHO. :-D 8) :wink: A nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat. (Monty Python)
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
Rosegirl
Family Elder

Post by Rosegirl »

Anyone know how old "elderly" is?
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Post by PointsNorth »

Rosegirl wrote:Anyone know how old "elderly" is?
Answer: your age +40 years
Albany 2010. Brooklyn 2011
Hayes inspired Calcitriol+D3 2013-2014
Coimbra Protocol 2014-16
DrG B12 Transdermal Spray 2014-16
Progesterone 2015-16
Low-Dose Immunotherapy 2015-16
My Current Regimen http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens-f22/topic25634.html