support for Dr. Arata's theory

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Cece
Family Elder

support for Dr. Arata's theory

Post by Cece »

http://jet.sagepub.com/content/22/4/647
edited to add another article: http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/25789986

I disagree with what Dr. Arata posited a few years ago, which was that ballooning the jugulars stimulated the autonomic nervous system and thereby caused improvements regardless of the removal of blockages. This article is an argument by Dr. Zohara Sternberg of Buffalo that agrees with Dr. Arata. The idea is that MS is causing autonomic nervous dysfunction which causes the jugulars to remodel or narrow. Any blockages in the jugulars would presumably worsen the jugular dysfunction, but the root cause is to be the MS. I think it's the other way around but if autonomic nervous dysfunction worsens the jugular drainage even further, then I am all for improving autonomic nervous system dysfunction if it can be done, and I can see the circular impact where MS worsens the jugulars which worsens the MS and so on.

Anyway the article suggests at the end that angioplasty may be good for us and that taking vitamin D may also be good for keeping our jugulars open as well. ("preventing subsequent venous remodelling") I agree with those conclusions, but not with the logic presented to get to those conclusions.
The relationship between CCSVI and ANS dysfunction is further strengthened by the coexistence of CCSVI with clinical symptoms, such as cognitive impairment, fatigue, sleeping disorders, headache on awakening, and thermal intolerance.5 Cardiovascular ANS dysfunction is known to contribute to these clinical entities.
Cogfog, fatigue, sleeping issues, morning headache and thermal intolerance? Four of those improved for me after CCSVI angioplasty.