Advanced CCSVI diagnostic center will be opened in Ferrara

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
ThisIsMA
Family Elder

Advanced CCSVI diagnostic center will be opened in Ferrara

Post by ThisIsMA »

According to this article, an advanced CCSVI diagnostic center will be opened in a few months in Ferrara:

http://www.osservatoriomalattierare.it/ ... i-avanzata

This is translated from an original article in Italian, and I think that a little may be lost in the translation. I found the article on the internet:
CCSVI, will be born in Ferrara center of advanced diagnostic audience

Author: Drafting, May 20, 2016

An advanced CCSVI diagnostic center will be opened in a few months in Ferrara , at the Vascular Diseases Center directed by Prof. Paolo Zamboni, thanks to the donation of 20,000 Euros from the Association CCSVI in multiple sclerosis . This was announced by the same Zamboni, in recent days the closing of the Week of awareness evening on CCSVI, in its second edition.

This will be the first public center in Italy to use the new recently developed diagnostic methods at the University Hospital of Ferrara, and experience, as part of government space programs, Italian astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti during the international space mission of ' last year.

"This will be the first center in which will be available for these new diagnostic technologies, non-invasive, less operator dependent, based on objective measures, and then compared over time," said Zamboni. "Especially this' last point is a real advantage for patients and for doctors who follow them - he explained - since with the criteria of the Doppler system first introduced seven years ago had not obtained the necessary diagnostic reproducibility." The Centre will be operational - early one day a week - in a few months, and it will be announced promptly. "I am very proud that our association is contributing to the emergence of a public center for the diagnosis of CCSVI through a spectrum of unique analysis of its kind and advanced, that currently only the Vascular diseases Center at the 'University of Ferrara has to offer, "said Gabriele Reccia , president of the CCSVI-MS Onlus. "To have worked so many years for this goal that finally, after a due organizational phase, will start can only reinforce the efforts we have made ​​for the benefit of the sick," he said. "We will continue on this path, because we believe the vascular component critical in this great puzzle solution that is multiple sclerosis.
DX 6-09 RRMS, now SPMS
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Re: Advanced CCSVI diagnostic center will be opened in Ferra

Post by CureOrBust »

ThisIsMA wrote:According to this article, an advanced CCSVI diagnostic center will be opened in a few months in Ferrara:

http://www.osservatoriomalattierare.it/ ... i-avanzata

This is translated from an original article in Italian, and I think that a little may be lost in the translation. I found the article on the internet:
CCSVI, will be born in Ferrara center of advanced diagnostic audience

Author: Drafting, May 20, 2016
This will be the first public center in Italy to use the new recently developed diagnostic methods at the University Hospital of Ferrara, and experience, as part of government space programs, Italian astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti during the international space mission of ' last year.
Below is a link to NASA's page on the collar, but has anyone seen any further details of the results regarding the space mission?
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/stati ... /1278.html
ThisIsMA
Family Elder

Re: Advanced CCSVI diagnostic center will be opened in Ferra

Post by ThisIsMA »

Hi CureOrBust,

I found this June 4, 2016 article in an Italian newspaper about Dr. Zamboni's space station experiment, and I used Google Translate to convert it to English. The article even includes a photo of the original collar instrument that was found on a beach near the launch site apparently undamaged, after the first transport rocket exploded!

Here is the link to the article in Italian with photos:

http://lanuovaferrara.gelocal.it/ferrar ... ref=search

Here is how Google Translate translated the article from the link above. "AstroSamantha" seems to be the nickname the press has given the Italian woman astronaut who took part in the experiment while living on the international space station.
"The school also makes Ferrara telemedicine in orbit»
The experiment 'Brain Drain' designed by the team of Unife run on AstroSamantha. Researchers Este: overcome many difficulties, technology that fills a gap

FERRARA. The sky is a treasury of knowledge from which to draw useful information for everyday life on Earth. It is no doubt the history of the "Brain Drain" project, which has allowed us to study the effects of weightlessness on blood circulation. He spoke yesterday afternoon at the Fair Professor Paolo Zamboni, a surgeon at the University of Ferrara, city of the experiment based launch that involved in space the Air Force Captain Samantha Cristoforetti during his mission known on the international orbiting station. "So far on the subject in question we had had little information - said Zamboni - mainly because of the unavailability of portable technology in space. For the future, our study opens up important applications in the field of telemedicine. It turned out that orbit the blood flows more slowly in the jugular veins and the breathing mechanism is a powerful attractor, rather than on the Earth. "

All thanks all'ecodoppler which Cristoforetti has independently submitted. Also encountering difficulties at all trivial to overcome. "Our experiment - recalled Zamboni - has been very complex. For example, we knew to have available a few minutes to complete it, since we met before or later of a few minutes the phases in which the signal would be lost, with the "disappearance" of Samantha. We were newbies, not prepared for these obstacles, but now I can say that we did it. With great pride in having been selected by NASA and the European Space Agency ". About unexpected enough to shake the veins at the wrists, there was also the first rocket explosion that was supposed to bring the materials to Cristoforetti, which occurred a few seconds after launch, October 28, 2014; a vacuum step then passed, thankfully. The researchers Este, in the running, managed to replace the plethysmograph lost with another device that was delivered astronaut in orbit. Thanks to collective action was therefore possible to recover by ESA scheduled tests in the space station. Yesterday was showing off the device found on a nearby beach weeks after the outbreak, still intact in its case all "made" in Ferrara. Maurizio Ferrini, the comedian, has recognized the merit of the "friends of Unife": "Van Wilder that good, they found the shell intact."

Now we have to wait for the results of the studies, being examined by the auditors. "The partial results we are preparing them: understanding at the clinical level is not easy," said the project manager of the experiment, Angelo Taibi. During the conference was attended also other staff members Zamboni, as the physicist Francis Sisini ( "The wrist secrets jugular analyzed at the Earth" was the title of his report) and Roberto Manfredini, Director of the Medical Clinic of Unife, who he spoke on "The biorhythms on the ISS. How difficult do chronobiologist the International Orbiting Station "; Also present Air Force Lieutenant Colonel Paola Verde.

Fabio Terminals
DX 6-09 RRMS, now SPMS