Gene NR1H3 recently discovered interacts with endothelium

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
frodo
Family Elder

Gene NR1H3 recently discovered interacts with endothelium

Post by frodo »

This month was published that a mutation in gene NR1H3 was heavily related to familial PPMS. The big news for CCSVI is that this gene is involved in the production of the protein LXRA, and if we look in wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver_X_receptor_alpha

we find that it interacts with EDF1, other protein involved in the endothelium.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EDF1

Besides, LXRA is also related to the metabolism of cholesterol, which also affects to the vascular system.

I reallly do not know whether these relationships are relevant at all, but I wanted to write it here in case somebody can make a meaning out of all this.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Re: Gene NR1H3 recently discovered interacts with endotheliu

Post by cheerleader »

Hi Frodo--

you were not alone in noticing this :) (although no one in the medical press nor the researchers even mentioned it.)
Mutations of this specific gene are found in vascular disease.

I actually wrote up a whole blog post on this discovery.
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com/2016/06/g ... ve-ms.html
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

It comes as no surprise that certain factions are not interested. It seems important to note that the microbiomes of pedatric MS patients are not normal. I think there is a probable relationship between diet in very early life, and pediatric MS. The involvement of the microbiome is very suspicious to me. I wonder what the result would be if you studied kids who were bottle-fed and not, to see if that had any influence on prevalence of MS. Surely bottle-feeding with 'formula' must have an influence on the developing microbiome. You could do a whole series of such studies and relate it to other diseases, like diabetes, cancer etc. Sugar as well is bound to have an effect. Perhaps by feeding kids so much sugar, an increasing trend since the advent of television, we have set the triggers on generations of kids, for later disease.

From cheerleader's blog:
What would part of this critical early window, "throw everything" treatment be?

A treatment program for someone with an NR1H3 genetic mutation--as we understand it in currently modeled studies of variants:

1. stop eating a high fat/high glucose/low nutrient "western style diet"
2. regulate fat intake by avoiding known inflammatory fats and increasing anti- inflammatory omega 3 fats,
3. increase anti-oxidants and fiber from fruits and vegetables,
4. eliminate excess sugar and processed foods,
5. maintain a healthy body weight through optimal nutrition and exercise.
Perhaps throwing everything at a NR1H3-positive person to prevent MS would include FMT!
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

1eye wrote:It seems important to note that the microbiomes of pedatric MS patients are not normal. I think there is a probable relationship between diet in very early life, and pediatric MS. The involvement of the microbiome is very suspicious to me. I wonder what the result would be if you studied kids who were bottle-fed and not, to see if that had any influence on prevalence of MS. Surely bottle-feeding with 'formula' must have an influence on the developing microbiome. You could do a whole series of such studies and relate it to other diseases, like diabetes, cancer etc. Sugar as well is bound to have an effect. Perhaps by feeding kids so much sugar, an increasing trend since the advent of television, we have set the triggers on generations of kids, for later disease.
Slowly, this may come to pass – the focus of scientific studies seems to be like "turning a battleship"… very slowly:

The study of 33 newborns (mostly Finnish) and the diabetes-microbiome connection:

"The Dynamics of the Human Infant Gut Microbiome in Development and in Progression toward Type I Diabetes" (2015)
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 2815000219
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

lyndacarol wrote:
1eye wrote:It seems important to note that the microbiomes of pedatric MS patients are not normal. I think there is a probable relationship between diet in very early life, and pediatric MS. The involvement of the microbiome is very suspicious to me. I wonder what the result would be if you studied kids who were bottle-fed and not, to see if that had any influence on prevalence of MS. Surely bottle-feeding with 'formula' must have an influence on the developing microbiome. You could do a whole series of such studies and relate it to other diseases, like diabetes, cancer etc. Sugar as well is bound to have an effect. Perhaps by feeding kids so much sugar, an increasing trend since the advent of television, we have set the triggers on generations of kids, for later disease.
Slowly, this may come to pass – the focus of scientific studies seems to be like "turning a battleship"… very slowly:

The study of 33 newborns (mostly Finnish) and the diabetes-microbiome connection:

"The Dynamics of the Human Infant Gut Microbiome in Development and in Progression toward Type I Diabetes" (2015)
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 2815000219
I am convinced that the only thing most organizations with any power care about, is money. Therefore the only way to get this known about is for someone to sue some large organization of sugar vendors. The problem, which causes many other problems, is that the microbiomes of infants to high-school age children are saturated with sugar. If anyone dared to point out this particular naked emperor is causing deaths in the millions, maybe someone would make them pay some of the costs, which are in the hundreds of billions, the burdens shared by everyone.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”