the thing about CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Cece
Family Elder

the thing about CCSVI

Post by Cece »

The thing about CCSVI is that it's obvious in retrospect. Not the link to MS, because that is unproven. But it is only basic logic that anything that can go wrong in the human body does go wrong at least for someone. Hearts get formed wrong, legs go wrong, red blood cells go wrong, retinas go wrong. So the idea that jugular veins can go wrong is only logical. The other obvious concept is that there can be a tipping point. Below the tipping point, even if there are variants of normal, the veins can still get the job done. Beyond the tipping point, even if the job is partially done, it's not good enough and there are consequences. The range goes from fully open beautiful veins to fully closed strangulated veins and because it is a range there is everything in between. The idea that the body will find a way around blockages? Well that presupposes that nothing has gone wrong in our body's way of finding a way around the blockage, and of course that will go wrong for some people, because anything in the human body that can go wrong, does go wrong, at least for someone.
frodo
Family Elder

Re: the thing about CCSVI

Post by frodo »

Cece wrote:The thing about CCSVI is that it's obvious in retrospect. Not the link to MS, because that is unproven. But it is only basic logic that anything that can go wrong in the human body does go wrong at least for someone.
This is true. I think that the only objection that doctors have against the CCSVI concept is that it appeared related to MS. If it had appeared in any other field, the adoption of the concept would have been inmediate.

At some point it will become a mainstream concept, even if finally is shown to be unrelated to MS.
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Re: the thing about CCSVI

Post by MrSuccess »

Sounds like a good logical explanation to me.

For one reason or another ..... things can go wrong. For example .... teeth.
Some people are born with great teeth. No cavities .

Others follow the same routine [ careful diet .... brushing ...flossing .... ] and still
end up getting drilled and filled :twisted:

As for CCSVI and Dr.Zamboni ....... there is no doubt in my mind .... he is correct.

I am confident his theory will be proven . Why ? Just common sense.

MrSuccess