JUGULAR ANOMALIES AND COLLATERAL FLOW IN M.S

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
seeva
Family Elder

JUGULAR ANOMALIES AND COLLATERAL FLOW IN M.S

Post by seeva »

HI Friends please read
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com.au/2017/0 ... -flow.html
regards
seeva
frodo
Family Elder

Re: JUGULAR ANOMALIES AND COLLATERAL FLOW IN M.S

Post by frodo »

Thanks Seva. I would like to add a summary for those that prefer not to read the complete article

Tuesday, May 30, 2017
Jugular anomalies and collateral flow in multiple sclerosis

There is a new paper recently published in the American Journal of Radiology from Dr. Haacke's superb radiology team at Wayne State University in Detroit, called Jugular Anomalies in Multiple Sclerosis are Associated with Increased Collateral Venous Flow

[....]

Professor Beggs has been able to show that MS is associated with changes in the dynamics of the CSF pulse in the cranium, and that the normal relationship between this and the jugular veins is profoundly altered in MS patients. He has also found that venous drainage anomalies in patients with Alzheimer's disease are associated with blood retention in the cerebral veins, suggesting that constricted venous outflow might be a generic phenomenon implicated in the pathophysiology of other neurological diseases. Professor Beggs said: “My work suggests that vascular anomalies can profoundly alter the biomechanics of the intracranial space. This is important because there is a growing body of evidence that altered haemodynamics in the cranium are associated with a wide range of neurological conditions.
1eye
Family Elder

Re: JUGULAR ANOMALIES AND COLLATERAL FLOW IN M.S

Post by 1eye »

I think handedness is a big clue to MS, and it will be found to relate to disability. Since both jugular and collateral flow result in physical changes that have a handed component, there is also a provable relationship to handedness. I hope this gets elucidated.

frodo wrote:Thanks Seva. I would like to add a summary for those that prefer not to read the complete article

Tuesday, May 30, 2017
Jugular anomalies and collateral flow in multiple sclerosis

There is a new paper recently published in the American Journal of Radiology from Dr. Haacke's superb radiology team at Wayne State University in Detroit, called Jugular Anomalies in Multiple Sclerosis are Associated with Increased Collateral Venous Flow

[....]

Professor Beggs has been able to show that MS is associated with changes in the dynamics of the CSF pulse in the cranium, and that the normal relationship between this and the jugular veins is profoundly altered in MS patients. He has also found that venous drainage anomalies in patients with Alzheimer's disease are associated with blood retention in the cerebral veins, suggesting that constricted venous outflow might be a generic phenomenon implicated in the pathophysiology of other neurological diseases. Professor Beggs said: “My work suggests that vascular anomalies can profoundly alter the biomechanics of the intracranial space. This is important because there is a growing body of evidence that altered haemodynamics in the cranium are associated with a wide range of neurological conditions.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)