Association of Developmental Venous Anomalies with MS

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
frodo
Family Elder

Association of Developmental Venous Anomalies with MS

Post by frodo »

Association of Developmental Venous Anomalies with Demyelinating Lesions in Patients with MS

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28912286

Abstract

We present 5 cases of demyelination in patients diagnosed with multiple sclerosis that are closely associated with a developmental venous anomaly.

Although the presence of a central vein is a known phenomenon with multiple sclerosis plaques, demyelination occurring around developmental venous anomalies is an underreported phenomenon.

Tumefactive demyelination can cause a diagnostic dilemma because of its overlapping imaging findings with central nervous system neoplasm.

The relationship of a tumefactive plaque with a central vein can be diagnostically useful, and we suggest that if such a lesion is closely associated with a developmental venous anomaly, an inflammatory or demyelinating etiology should be a leading consideration.
1eye
Family Elder

Re: Association of Developmental Venous Anomalies with MS

Post by 1eye »

How CCSVI can be the direct cause of demyelination. I think Dr. Zamboni and the other doctors originally called CCSVI a developmental anomaly. Now we see how it directly causes MS, when the problem is colocated with a central vein. This comes from an underreported phenomenon, demyelination occurring around developmental venous anomalies. In other words, CCSVI. Can we start reporting it as such? I promise, it won't hurt a bit.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
1eye
Family Elder

Re: Association of Developmental Venous Anomalies with MS

Post by 1eye »

This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)