Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)-

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)-

Post by ElliotB » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:13 pm

"time for an ultrasound to verify problem areas"

That makes sense, and then you can make a decision based on the results.

vesta
Family Elder

Post by vesta » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:39 am

lazydean wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:17 pm
Yes, the procedure that I had in November 2010 in Albany, NY was quite good. Dr. Siskin ballooned my left jugular. It was 40% blocked & the right jugular was about 25% blocked...I knew immediately that I felt different. My right eye had a vision issue A black area (not black in color...) It slowly went away. My hands & feet were warm again. Biting my tongue/coughing spells were reduced to about 1 episode every other day. Vertigo was reduced to about every 2 or 3 weeks. Now biting my tongue/coughing spells have increased in frequency.....Vertigo occurs about once a week. Mechlazine tampers it down. My hands a usually cold. So I thought 9 years since my last treatment it is time for an ultrasound to verify problem areas. I read Denise Manley had 5 procedures.
In answering my question as to why she underwent venoplasty for CCSVI, a correspondent on my site, wrote the following

" I read that ccsvi treatment venoplasty could help chronic Lyme. And I knew I had the further vein challenge of my genetic hypercoagulation, causing vein inflammation..."

She felt very much better after treatment and was told to repeat it in 2 years which would have been 2016, but has been unable to do so. I've come to think various infections (Lyme, EBV maybe, Chlamydia P. maybe, Mono maybe) clog up the veins which is the cause of venous obstructions leading to damage to the CNS. That is to say the infectious factor is secondary to what they do to obstruct normal CNS fluid circulation and getting rid of the infection might help but then the veins need to be cleaned out.

Best regards, Vesta

lazydean
Getting to Know You...

Post by lazydean » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:49 pm

Thanx, DEAN